No announcement yet.

Chimera (715)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody know how long Pete and Carter had dated before they jumped in the sack? Clearly they've been on several dates by the time the episode starts (since they're already kissing comfortably in public) and it's clear she doesn't want to rush things, but the episodes never give us indications of how much time has elapsed in them.

Comment

Unfortunately i don't have an answer.. It was never mentioned in this ep or any others to my knowledge.

Comment

Time in Stargate is wibbly-wobbly at best.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Actually I take back what I said about Carter not wanting to rush things. After seeing the ep again I realized that Pete is only in town on a case, during which Mark set him up with Sam. So for all we know, she may have only known him for a few days by the time they kiss in the cafe. I mean come on, how long do police cases usually last? After their walk in the park he tells her that he's requested two weeks vacation so he can stay in Colorado Springs. Since we never know the passage of time in stargate eps we have no idea how long into that extra time they hopped in bed. It could have been two days, meaning it's possible that Sam had sex with him in about a week, probably two weeks at most...

Comment

Originally posted by Claire98909 View Post
            Actually I take back what I said about Carter not wanting to rush things. After seeing the ep again I realized that Pete is only in town on a case, during which Mark set him up with Sam. So for all we know, she may have only known him for a few days by the time they kiss in the cafe. I mean come on, how long do police cases usually last? After their walk in the park he tells her that he's requested two weeks vacation so he can stay in Colorado Springs. Since we never know the passage of time in stargate eps we have no idea how long into that extra time they hopped in bed. It could have been two days, meaning it's possible that Sam had sex with him in about a week, probably two weeks at most...
            There are lots of people who definitely don't wait that long!!!
            CARPE DIEM
            ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
              There are lots of people who definitely don't wait that long!!!
              Oh man it's been almost an entire year since anyone visited this thread.

True... lol, also it's not like she gets laid a lot in her area of work, actually I think.. this is the first time she had sex with anyone Ever, where Daniel, Jack and Teal'c all have had the opportunity to have sex plenty of times before.
              So yay for Carter!

Also, so nice to see Daniel open up with someone.. He never spoke about himself until now.

Comment

I have watched this episode yesterday and over all liked it. I discovered some time ago that I prefer episodes that are focused on stories of members of SG-1 or their missions and where they interact with each other rather than those where one member of team interact with some third party person (ehm Felger, Burke or documentary crew), so I welcomed all those team`s scenes, Sam`s scenes with Jack or Daniel`s with Teal`c in gym. That one had great dialogue.

I really liked the Sarah/Osiris story. It fit her character well that she would try get informations from Daniel in his dreams using technology and their past relationship. And I really loved that she was relatively alright and free from Goauld at the end. Daniel really deserved that someone close to him finally stayed alive and had a shot at normal life. I assumed it was Tok`ra`s doing and they took symbiote for interrogation.

Pete. More I was thinking about him, more I asked what was the writers thinking, what was their goal with him?

My first impression was that he was Sam`s answer to what she experienced in Grace, that before those events she never really entertain the thought of finding other boyfriend. Only after reading some comments here I stopped and thought whether or not she knew him longer. But I still think she knew him just about three weeks and he really was an answer to her decision to move on.

Things that really bugged me were background check and following on a mission. Don`t know how you, but if my bf of 3 weeks did that to me that would be red flags for me and it would be over.
                But there is more. He knows she`s in army, she`s not twenty anymore and she can`t relate to his work experiences and life?!? She probably would`ve been through three times more than he has ever been even if SG program didn`t exist. And he didn`t believe her when she told him that.
                My second main issue was following her on a mission. He is a cop! He should be aware how dangerous can be when civilians shows up in the middle of some operation. If could be danger to SG-1, to him and to innocent civilians too. Just because he was curious and couldn`t help himself. With this beginning and with his lack of knowledge of Sam`s interest and abilities I can`t very well see their future together.

I really don`t know why writers are always setting her up with a men acting really strange around her and in RL unacceptable behavior and are masking it with smiles and with that Sam always cave in. And then people wonder what so many fans are pairing her up with O`Neill. He at least respects her, knows her qualities and if she`d said no to him, he`d let her be.

On the positive note. Few episodes later they revisited Agent Barrett from Sleepwalkers. I don`t know why they didn`t choose him for a romance. He at least vaguely knows what Sam does, he respects her and he obviously knows how to follow her wishes. I could imagine their future together compared to Pete where I think sooner or later his image of her and her true self would collide.
                Maybe the writers wanted to prove Sam`s words from season one that she is drawn to questionable individuals.

And I don`t understand how easily he got an access to high classified info and they didn`t even tell us to some extent.

Sorry for long post, but I wanted to share my thoughts.

Comment

I wholeheartedly agree with you about Pete. With agent Barrett, there was a conversation between him and Sam that really bugged me. Basically, he asked her out and she said that she is seeing someone. He responded, "Really? You?". To which Sam cleverly responded, "Well, you asked me out!". This exchange made me think that he doesn't really respect her and also he is not very smart.

Comment

I saw that episode. That exchange didn't bother me actually. I admit he wasn't tactful and he probably shouldn't say it, but he knows her. He knows how driven she is, that she spends coultless hours at work, is often in danger and days even weeks not home. And then all that secrecy. It must be someone very special who would be able to put with all of that. So he had a point.
                    I think they otherwise worked well in that episode.

I'm more concerned with the string of guys that were enamored with Sam through the series. Their character or fate wasn't very encouraging to Sam.

Comment

Hi,

In my opinion, the SG1 writers and crew were caught between a rock and a hard place with Sam and Jack. USAF rules (which the SG1 crew tried to follow) did not allow romance between members in the same chain of command.

There was a reference by Sam's father about having both her having it all by resigning her USAF commission and signing up as a civilian contractor. There never was a reason investigated why this did not happen.

I suspect that except for the times her alternate from the alternate reality mirror (which looks a lot like I imagined the Doorways to the Tower of Genji would look in the Wheel of Time series), the SG1 writers were having problems with Sam, Jack, and love interests.

I liked the 200th episode where they were wed with Thor presiding.

FWIW

Doug vV

Comment

IMO, the PTB made Pete a stalker because they were all men, and it never occurred to them that having him use his contacts do background research on a woman he was dating was a) wrong, 2) probably illegal and III) stalker behavior.

Men generally don't think about stalkers; they're rarely stalked. Men of good character (which the PTB were, to all reports) would accept a "no" from a woman who wasn't interested. Men like that just aren't aware how many men don't, and how scary it is to learn a man has taken it upon himself to poke into your private life.

Seaboe
                        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

You are probably right with this, Seaboe. I have noticed that the writers had sometimes problem with writing Sam`s stories. They were so natural with Jack`s and Daniel`s ones, but sometimes struggled with Sam and Teal`c. I guess it`s not easy to write the complexity of other gender. And Teal`c is just hard to write because of the person he is.

I`have read somewhere that after a pilot Amanda Tapping went to the writers and asked them to write just a solder part, that they let the feminine part to her. I think this was one of the best decision they made. I loved that her character was just ordinary woman, who is very hard working, brilliant in her field and don`t have a need to prove she is a woman despite not denying it. AT managed it perfectly without overly driving the point.

I think you have a point that ordinary guys don`t realize what may be perceived as a stalky behavior. Another example was Orlin. He too didn`t know when to back off. Even if he had a little excuse that he wasn`t from around here.

Comment

If a man does not give up easily he is a stalker, if a man gives up easily he is a loser, a man without guts - how should Pete have been? I still think he wasn't meant to be a stalker, but that's my POV!
                            CARPE DIEM
                            ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Denisa View Post
                              I guess it`s not easy to write the complexity of other gender. And Teal`c is just hard to write because of the person he is.
                              That is no excuse.

When you create a character, no matter what gender, race, color, or creed. It's only natural that you know what you're doing and spend as much time on them as you do the characters you happen to find easy to write or are easy to write because you relate to them in a way.

They call themselves writers, then they should have either called in someone who could do the writing they couldn't or forgot about the character altogether (not create them at all). Because bad writing, is still bad writing.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

FH, can I assume you mean you think Pete was badly written, or are you referring to Teal'c as badly written?

Seaboe
                                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Working...
                                X