No announcement yet.

Chimera (715)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kinda like Pete! If he hadn't done the background check on Sam, I'd really like him! But I don't think the whole Sam/Pete and Daniel/Sarah thing goes together.

Comment

Osiris had a Asgard-Beam-Device. This transported her to a spaceship I think.
      But where is this spaceship now? Does it still fly above the earth because they forgot about it?

Comment

For Daniel's sake I was glad that Sarah was saved. It would have been too much fo him to lose both Sha're and Sarah to the goa'uld. But as a character, I kind of liked the evil Osiris better than Sarah...

I didn't like Sam / Pete.. Well, the part I liked about it wa that we got to see another side of Sam. But after the way he interrupted the capture of Sarah/Osiris in a very ridiculous manner (and he's a COP!) I wish Sam had ended it. The stalker phonecall to a friend in FBI was also really uncool, but I think Sam didn't know about it. I also don't like that she told him about stargate..

I wish AT could have hummed MacGyver tune in the elevator, it would have been even funnier!

Comment

It does make one wonder why Sam never had any disciplinary action taken cause of revealing the gate to Pete, NOR he had any issues snopping.

Comment

Well since she revealed everything after Pete witnessed the capture of Sarah/Osiris and he was in recovery at the SGC, I think it’s safe to say she had clearance.

Yes, very scummy for checking up on her and following her and very lame when he calls out to her as she leaves the van of what is clearly a stakeout.

What happens to Sarah? “You spent the last couple years as a Goa’uld and have an incredible wealth of knowledge and intelligence, but just sign this and go back in the general population.” hmmmm

Another weak S-7 episode, the Sam and Pete scenes drag on and the dream scenes drag on. At the end of the day we get nothing out of this episode except Anubis (and friends) have more Asgard tech. The episode was just a vehicle for writing off the Osiris story line.

Comment

I like this episode. I'm not S/J shipper. Do you know how long it took me to figure out what s/j shipper even meant. Yuck.

Anyway it was nice to Sam with her hair down having a life outside of SG1. The Sarah plot was odd. She must have had a ship in orbit but they never talk about.

Comment

So, Osiris comes beaming down for a visit and invades Daniel's dreams in order to locate the lost city which I imagine is Atlantis. You'll get there, just you wait...

Anyhow, at the same time Carter is humming the Stargate-theme in the elevator cause apparently -- [sing-song voice] Carter has a boyfriend! ... who comes out of nowhere. So that's where they stole the idea from with Kanaan on Atlantis. He also came out of seemingly nowhere. He just appeared, same as Pete. No build-up, just poof and he was there.

Pete seems like a nice guy, very romantic... and then he does a background check. Now, some folks might find that err... stalkery? ... but he knew Sam was keeping something from him, and relationships cannot be build on lies, they don't last. So, in a way I understand what he did, but it still doesn't give him a good start with me. However, Carter at the same time was convinced she blew it with him when he said as much... how relationships need an open and honest base to build on.

Anyway, onwards... Finally, Daniel figures out what is happening... or rather Teal'c does, and they set a trap for Osiris. Pete chose a wonderful time to come wandering into their little set-up. Nice timing he has.

And most importantly... Daniel saves Sarah. Well, the Tok'ra do, but of all the people he's lost to the Goa'uld he at least can save Sarah and I think for him as a character that's very important progress. Too bad though, that we never revisit Sarah and how she copes with what Osiris has done to her.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yea, that whole getting back to Sarah angle was a missed opportunity imo.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Yea, that whole getting back to Sarah angle was a missed opportunity imo.
                    Agreed. To what extent was Sarah's own personality changed by her experience and the memories she still retains? How does she cope? (I'd bet her debriefing with the Air Force took a long time.)

Comment

Heck, do we even know if she came back to earth after getting Osiris removed.? For all we know, Sarah could have decided she needed a few years with the Tok'ra to cleans herself..

Comment

Did you miss the last scene where Sarah is in the SGC's infirmary?
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Heck, do we even know if she came back to earth after getting Osiris removed.? For all we know, Sarah could have decided she needed a few years with the Tok'ra to cleans herself..
                          Sarah/Osiris was captured on earth. She never left earth. The Tok'ra undoubtedly came to earth to remove Osiris. The last time we see her, she's in the infirmary at the SGC. So obviously, she was on earth.

Comment

Crap.. guess i need to rewatch that ep..

Comment

It does make one wonder why Sam never had any disciplinary action taken cause of revealing the gate to Pete, NOR he had any issues snopping.
                              Even though we didn't see it, Sam would never have been able to reveal the Stargate program to Pete without authorization from Hammond. And she would first have had to get Pete to sign a non-disclosure statement. Even though Sam's character was really diminished in this episode, she would not have done something so blatantly illegal as telling him without getting him to sign a non-disclosure statement.

Comment

Maybe since he saw the altercation, he was already sworn to secrecy.

Comment

Working...
                                X