No announcement yet.

Chimera (715)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing the fight does not automatically mean they'd let him in on the program (think of all those people who saw the weird things in Sight Unseen).

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I was more on they would have made him sign a NDA after witnessing the fight. Therefore Sam would already know he had signed it, so it would have been easier to get permission to tell him.

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
        Seeing the fight does not automatically mean they'd let him in on the program (think of all those people who saw the weird things in Sight Unseen).

Seaboe
        Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          I was more on they would have made him sign a NDA after witnessing the fight. Therefore Sam would already know he had signed it, so it would have been easier to get permission to tell him.
          Making him sign an NDA would've imprinted the incident on his memory and made it harder to convince him he hadn't seen anything odd. I mean, for all they know, the neighbors were watching out the window (I certainly would, if there was a gun battle next door). They can't afford to draw attention to the impossible actions by canvasing the neighborhood with NDAs.

I do assume Pete signed an NDA. I just don't think he did it as a result of witnessing the fight, he did it because someone foolishly took him to the SGC infirmary instead of a hospital.

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Average episode.
            Always thought David DeLuise was a bad casting choice. To me it felt like a woman had been hooked up with a little boy. So I never managed to take that relationship seriously.

The Daniel/Sarah part:
            Osiris as Sarah is most annoying. She looks like an alien due to bad hairstyle and camera angles, stressing the unproportional forehead, the childish-like flirting wants me to slap that artificial smile out of her face and that accent causes physical pain to listen to.

That was about dream-Sarah, not the real one, not Osiris and not the actress herself. But those dream-sequences are really hard to watch for me.

So, definetly not one of my favourite eps., but still worthwile watching, since the two plots are important for future episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by enibas5 View Post
              ...that accent causes physical pain to listen to.
              I love the accent... It's yummy - deliciously evil Osiris is, or was.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Ha, same. Isn't Vala's similar? Or did she have an Aussie accent? I don't remember, but I know I liked hearing her speak.
                rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
                  Ha, same. Isn't Vala's similar? Or did she have an Aussie accent? I don't remember, but I know I liked hearing her speak.
                  Claudia's Aussie but equally as sexy.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Several people i know IRL love Aussie/New Zealand accents but can't stand English (or even Scottish) ones.. Just like one of my Neighbors LOVES the brugish Scouse accent of a Liverpudlian or a Dublin Irish accent, but hates anything related to the areas in and around London..

Comment

Several people i know IRL love Aussie/New Zealand accents but can't stand English (or even Scottish) ones.. Just like one of my Neighbors LOVES the brugish Scouse accent of a Liverpudlian or a Dublin Irish accent, but hates anything related to the areas in and around London..
                      People's preferences for accents are certainly interesting.

Maybe they think that a southwest/London (if that's too generalizing, my bad) accent is just boring or unremarkable yet still different enough from their own to be irritating. Sometimes that's how I imagine Americans feel about British food. But that's another discussion.
                      rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

Once more to clearify:
                        Also the accent only annoyes me during the dreaming parts. In those it is really stressed and goes together with that childish little Girl flirt behaviour. Otherwise, I liked it with Osiris as well as with Sarah.
                        And it does not bother me at all with Vala - on the contrary.

Comment

Sometimes that's how I imagine Americans feel about British food. But that's another discussion.
                          That depends on the food. I know quite a few yanks who LOVE some english grub.. Specially Shepards pie!

Comment

That depends on the food. I know quite a few yanks who LOVE some english grub.. Specially Shepards pie!
                            I love shepards pie.

At least the people you know tried it; I'm sure there are Americans who swear that all British food is gross without ever having tried it.
                            rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

I think this ep could have been a two-parter - wouldn't have got boring.

Since English is not my mother tongue I love English with accents of any kind - just sounds funny and some are easy to understand.
                              I would like to hear how the different German accents are liked by English-speaking people - but wrong thread I think.

Nice scenes but too much too fast.
                              CARPE DIEM
                              ANJA

Comment

And here I thought the Borgias were a bad lot.

Nepotism is a crime is some countries.

This was painful to watch and even worse to listen to - so bad it doesn't even qualify as syrupy.

I don't mind spoilers for this one - please tell me this guy gets hit with the Carter curse.

What a creep - all holding hands and roses, then as soon as he has sex with Carter he gets in a mood and stalks her.

And the writers allowed him to get away with this???

And throwing Carter suddenly into a full "romance" ( "..." because it isn't ) just ,makes no sense. Yes, she has decided get on with a personal life but really ... ? The first guy who comes along?
                                Last edited by I Am Not James Spader; 01 October 2015, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X