No announcement yet.

Chimera (715)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An episode I literally had no memory of! Which surely means it can't be all that good ... but it's not too bad at all. I remembered Pete was in the show, but I couldn't remember how he was introduced, so this felt like meeting him all over again - and first impressions, not great. He's a bit creepy and doesn't quite look the part for the role he was playing. I didn't particularly like the way Sam behaved around him either.

The other story with Daniel was much more entertaining, especially since I'd been waiting to see if Osiris/Sarah was going to come back and have her story resolved. I had missed her during season 6, I think she makes a great villain. From what I remember, we won't see her again. Shame.

Not a deep episode, not all that exciting, but quite fun. Sam humming the Stargate theme tune caught me off guard! Brilliant. Teal'c was also having a good time in this one. I'm sure I'll forget all about this episode again, but while I was watching it I was quite enjoying it.

RATING: 7.5 out of 10
    Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

I HATED that hummimg bit....it always comes across as rather forced to me......I didn't really enjoy any of the elevator scene - again it just gave me an uncomfortable feeling all round....and using the Stargate theme was too tacky for me.....should have been something else imho, if at all...

And the other thing I absolutely LOATHE.....that cramped little bed that Daniel was sleeping on......there's NO WAY a great big strapping bloke like him would sleep in a miniscule little cot like that!...

And I want Osiris' curls....I always ADORED her hair....

Deeds xx
      sigpic
      Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
      MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
        I HATED that hummimg bit....it always comes across as rather forced to me......I didn't really enjoy any of the elevator scene - again it just gave me an uncomfortable feeling all round....and using the Stargate theme was too tacky for me.....should have been something else imho, if at all...
        AT wanted to hum the MacGyver theme but couldn't recall it when the scene was shot, so she went with the Stargate theme, IIRC. The elevator scene gave me an uncomfortable feeling too, but that was simply because of the awkwardness of the situation and I think the actors managed to convey that very well.

And the other thing I absolutely LOATHE.....that cramped little bed that Daniel was sleeping on......there's NO WAY a great big strapping bloke like him would sleep in a miniscule little cot like that!...
        Deeds xx
        I don't recall the size of his bed but we know Daniel seems to mostly live in his lab and on base, so he probably doesn't need a very comfortable bed at home since he's never there. And with him working so much and being away from home it would also be difficult to buy a new one because he wouldn't have the time.
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Another disappointing ep. It was great seeing Osiris again, but other than that it was pretty boring.

Sam looked amazing when she dressed up to go out with Pete. Loved her humming the Stargate tune.
          sigpic

Comment

The elevator scene was hilarious. My favorite part. Love the humor in SG1. Especially little tidbits that are self-aware - like humming the show's theme song. Nice touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
              Another disappointing ep. It was great seeing Osiris again, but other than that it was pretty boring.

Sam looked amazing when she dressed up to go out with Pete. Loved her humming the Stargate tune.

Always LOVED Osiris ...great villain....and Anna Louise Plowman is a stunning beauty, great actress and has an amazing speaking voice....

Didn't like the floofy frills on Carter's dress...she never struck me as a "frilly" woman.....I think the best outfit out of hours that she wore was that amazing ice blue suit in "Covenant" S.8....now THAT was stunning!.....

Deeds xx
              sigpic
              Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
              MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Tuesday night, another ep of SG1...

Oh...good God...did I 'have' to rewatch this one...it was a soap opera...the first SG ever when I was checking my watch while watching it first time round...I wanted to zat the crew for making it...

OK...Matt G's guide to surviving the rewatch of Chimera.

1. If someone IMs you, do not press the pause button.

2. Laugh at Pete. He seems like such a moron second time around.

3. Laugh at Daniel's "I am fast asleep" line. You might as well.

4. You will not be able to avoid cringing when Sam sings the SG theme, deal with it.

5. The biggest laugh with this ep, I had really been wanting Sarah freed from Osiris for Daniel's sake, but for it to happen in this ep in this fashion competing with a soap opera plot made it very anti climatic.

Can't say anything more.
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Always LOVED Osiris ...great villain....and Anna Louise Plowman is a stunning beauty, great actress and has an amazing speaking voice....

Didn't like the floofy frills on Carter's dress...she never struck me as a "frilly" woman.....I think the best outfit out of hours that she wore was that amazing ice blue suit in "Covenant" S.8....now THAT was stunning!.....

Deeds xx
                  According to the commentary, that was AT's own dress!

I love this episode. Love Pete, love the relationship, love Osiris and her hold on Daniel.

Do we see Sarah again? She's going to need some major therapy!
                  Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

The only thing I liked about this episode was the fact that Sarah was freed from Osiris.

I'd forgotten how soaked in saccharine the whole introduction of Pete was, the dancing at the 50th anniversary party with added, "It's nice to know that people still stay together no matter what, isn't it?" ugh, , maybe I'd blocked it all from my mind with much of the episode to keep my sanity!!!!

PETE: Come on Sam, call in sick. Spend the day with me. We'll go to the zoo.
                    CARTER: There's no zoo in Colorado Springs.

....huh?

http://www.cmzoo.org/

I think that was her way of saying it wasn't really her thing!!!

Comment

A slightly better than average episode.

The look on Pete's face when Sam came out in that dress was just priceless.

I wish we knew where Sarah went after this episode.

Tomorrow, the Tau'ri have a weapon against the Kull warriors.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                        The only thing I liked about this episode was the fact that Sarah was freed from Osiris.

I'd forgotten how soaked in saccharine the whole introduction of Pete was, the dancing at the 50th anniversary party with added, "It's nice to know that people still stay together no matter what, isn't it?" ugh, , maybe I'd blocked it all from my mind with much of the episode to keep my sanity!!!!

PETE: Come on Sam, call in sick. Spend the day with me. We'll go to the zoo.
                        CARTER: There's no zoo in Colorado Springs.

....huh?

http://www.cmzoo.org/

I think that was her way of saying it wasn't really her thing!!!
                        the pete character was an insult to sam's character. a strong and smart woman putting up with that kind of crap? not the sam carter i thought i knew.

sam lowered her expectations and got that in return.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Maybe you didn't know the character as well as you thought
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

My LiveJournal post
                            "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                            "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                            "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                            "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                            >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Maybe you didn't know the character as well as you thought
                              I think Majorsal (and many others, myself included) knew Sam Carter extremely well. And she did lower her standards in getting involved with Pete. He wasn't a bad guy; he was just immature and didn't take any part of her job seriously and made jokes about what she did for a living. In the end, I don't think either one of them (Sam or Pete) knew the other one well enough to even consider marriage. Pete was not in love with the Sam Carter that we all saw, because he never got to see that side of her. Personally, I think he was more infatuated with her than he was in love with her.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                the pete character was an insult to sam's character. a strong and smart woman putting up with that kind of crap? not the sam carter i thought i knew.

sam lowered her expectations and got that in return.
                                I really dislike the Pete character and the actor who played him also didn't help any, in my opinion. I'm not just saying that because I'm an S/J-shipper; Joe Faxon for example, suited Sam much better. With the exception of his part in the Aschen deal, perhaps, but his overall personality, looks and level of maturity was much better than Pete.
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X