Grace (713)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    No, she doesn't. Certainly not in the first couple of seasons, after that I don't know but she doesn't really come into her own until the limelight is no longer on O'Neill.
    I'm on the seventh season and the "limelight" hasn't been on O'Neill in a long time, if ever. He is the lead, but Anderson has never hogged the screen nor has he been the sole focus of the writers.

I agree to disagree.
    I don't agree to that...

She never was - one the of the stars, yes, but never the star.

If we're talking Sanctuary, on the other hand, then yes definitely star of the show. Also, liked her a lot more as Helen than as Carter too.
    There is a difference between "lead" and "star", but that is beside the point. And I'm not talking the "lead actor" or "it's an ensemble" - I said "as far as I'm concerned..." - I'm saying that in my opinion Tapping is the star of the show - for me she outshines the rest of the cast at every turn (except Chimera... but no-one got out of that one unscarred ). It became her show a long time ago.

Comment

Big Brother at work here - where did you hide the camera and - more important - when?
      There is only ONE NCIS with an 'Abby', isn't it.
      You've got your opinion and I've got mine - sorry for that.
      Is no one else except you allowed to post his/her own opinion?
      CARPE DIEM
      ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
        Big Brother at work here - where did you hide the camera and - more important - when?
        There is only ONE NCIS with an 'Abby', isn't it.
        You've got your opinion and I've got mine - sorry for that.
        Is no one else except you allowed to post his/her own opinion?
        At first I thought you were directing that at me.

The forum should have a way to tag other users rather than needing to quote them.

Comment

Originally posted by I Am Not James Spader View Post
          At first I thought you were directing that at me.

The forum should have a way to tag other users rather than needing to quote them.
          I'm glad you got it!!!
          CARPE DIEM
          ANJA

Comment

I'm glad you got it!!!

Comment

I think the writers handled anything resembling a love life generally badly. When Carter was just doing her work and being a friend she was best, imho.

Comment

I'm on the seventh season and the "limelight" hasn't been on O'Neill in a long time, if ever. He is the lead, but Anderson has never hogged the screen nor has he been the sole focus of the writers.
                The male lead, he was, once...

There is a difference between "lead" and "star", but that is beside the point.
                Point taken.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I know I'm late to this conversation, but my observation is similar to (and also different from) what Falcon Horus was saying about a (not) well-developed Carter...

The writers created Carter as a less well-rounded person. O'Neill had a family. It was visited by tragedy, yet a family is part of O'Neill's backstory. Teal'c has a wife and son. Yes, he's separated from them most of the time, but they are part of who he is. Even Daniel found a soul mate, although she was torn from him. Her rescue is what drives him.

And then there is Carter. Does she have a spouse? No. Ex-spouse? No. Children? No. How about a serious, long-term relationship? No.

The men's families were sources for great story-telling. Carter's personal stories (aside from those about her father) were about whether she can find a true mate. Will it be a Tok'ra? An ascended being? Perhaps a police detective?

A married Carter could have generated some great stories. Carter as a single mom. Carter with a child being raised by her ex-husband. Etc, etc. Carter wtih her own family would have been a source for stories, just like those of O'Neill, Teal'c, and Daniel.

Carter is my favorite character, and the writers created great stories about her and her father. However, I think the writers found it convenient to have a perpetually single, attractive woman on SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                    And then there is Carter. Does she have a spouse? No. Ex-spouse? No. Children? No. How about a serious, long-term relationship? No.
                    There was Jonah, the crazy ex-fiancé. But after that one episode he never came up again.

Comment

There was Jonah, the crazy ex-fiancé. But after that one episode he never came up again.
                      And for good I think. Carter's early separation from Jonas surely is more than a hint that she developed to the better and wiser.
                      CARPE DIEM
                      ANJA

Comment

Carter's early separation from Jonas surely is more than a hint that she developed to the better and wiser.
                        Yeah, cause Stalker!Pete was such an improvement...

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post

The men's families were sources for great story-telling. Carter's personal stories (aside from those about her father) were about whether she can find a true mate. Will it be a Tok'ra? An ascended being? Perhaps a police detective?

A married Carter could have generated some great stories. Carter as a single mom. Carter with a child being raised by her ex-husband. Etc, etc. Carter wtih her own family would have been a source for stories, just like those of O'Neill, Teal'c, and Daniel.

Carter is my favorite character, and the writers created great stories about her and her father. However, I think the writers found it convenient to have a perpetually single, attractive woman on SG-1.
                          I quite agree. Actually I would go further and say SG1 is altogether too blokey. If it were made now, it would be different. Carter should have been promoted to lead the team after the departure of RDA but BB was bought in to fill that role. It even extends to his getting top billing over AT.
                          A relection of the armed forces if anything.

Comment

Yeah, cause Stalker!Pete was such an improvement...
                            At least he didn't consider himself being a god!!!!
                            I think not enough is known about Pete to call him a stalker - or our definitions of a stalker are different. Has he followed her for weeks or months to come? Has he molested her? I think, no, he hasn't. Feel free to correct me if you think I#m wrong.
                            CARPE DIEM
                            ANJA

Comment

I think not enough is known about Pete to call him a stalker - or our definitions of a stalker are different. Has he followed her for weeks or months to come? Has he molested her? I think, no, he hasn't. Feel free to correct me if you think I#m wrong.
                              I did think he had a bit of a creepy vibe about him. Especially the part where he didn't trust her enough to not follow her around, or that he had a background check done -- hello, who does that?!

Comment

I think a lot of people do that - if a partner behaves strangely or suspiciously or whatever. It' human curiosity - IMO.
                                CARPE DIEM
                                ANJA

Comment

Working...
                                X