No announcement yet.

Fragile Balance (703)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes it is rather ironic. Do you think that the ends would have justified the means though?
    "Wøøf!"

Comment

Originally posted by Muh_tuttles View Post
      yes it is rather ironic. Do you think that the ends would have justified the means though?
      Well at the end of the day - yes. If Loki had permission from the SGC no clones of the test subjects would have been killed.
      Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by pogiangel View Post
        The asgard are in this episode ... therefore it rocks.

They have made no further reference to the asgard Loki since this episode?

(Correct me if I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong, coz I ended up feeling real sorry for him).

Cheers, Jerome

(Yeah! 2 Posts!)
        He does pop up in the book Roswell, SG-1 (once they have been gathered from time by General O'Neil in the time jumping Puddle Jumper working on information from General Carter) rescue him......not that he is very grateful for it.

Comment

I really love this episode. Michael Welch did a great job as O'Neill!! The scenes he was in were hilarious and really well done.
          sigpic
          Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
          I'm a 60%er!
          ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

I watched the episode again. This time with Peter's commentaries!

During the last scene where Jack was dropping off mini-Jack at the high school, the other commentator mentioned that there were some negative reactions to mini-Jack, who is a just a mini version of a 50 year old man, being let loose among high school girls.

I thought that Peter's reaction and comment on this matter is funny. It was something like "how deep in the gutter is your mind to even think of that". I thought this reaction to be funny because it's similar to mine when I first read about some people not being comfortable with mini-Jack back in high school. Honestly, the thought never entered my mind that mini-Jack would be a pervert.

Comment

^Same here... I looked at it as an opportunity for Jack to make up for anything he regretted doing or not doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hong3103 View Post
                ^Same here... I looked at it as an opportunity for Jack to make up for anything he regretted doing or not doing.
                That's how I saw it, too! People are silly.
                sigpic
                Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
                I'm a 60%er!
                ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Iawen View Post
                  That's how I saw it, too! People are silly.

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Major Tyler View Post
                    Here's how I would have ended "Fragile Balance."

Alternate Ending

"Fragile Balance" occurs just as it does until we reach the scene where Thor states that he is not sure he can cure Young Jack. Here is where the fic diverges from canon...Instead of being able to cure Young Jack directly, Thor needs to create another clone to monitor it's growth so he can determine exactly what he need to do to cure Young Jack.

Thor: In order to stablize the adolescent O'Neill's genetic structure, I will need to use Loki's equipment to create another clone so that I can monitor it's development and isolate what gene sequences need to be repaired, and how to repair them.

O'Neill: Whoa! Hold on! You mean there's going to be two little me's running around!

Thor: If the procedure is successful, then yes, both of your clones will survive and live the average human life-span.

O'Neill: C'mon Thor, isn't there something else you could do, anything else...magnets?

Thor: Without a frame of reference it would be statistically impossible for me to know how to repair the flaw.

Young Jack: We're talking about my life here...

Sam: [interrupting] Thor, does the clone have to be of Colonel O'Neill?

Thor: What are you suggesting?

Sam: Clone me.

Both Jacks look up in surprise.

Sam: If you implant me with the same safeguard that you placed in Colonel O'Neill's genetic structure, and then cloned me, you should be able to use that information to save Colonel O'Neill's clone.

Thor: It is possible, though the individual is different, human genetic structure similar enough on a basic level that I should be able derive the necessary information from your clone, Major Carter.

Carter looks up at Jack with a soft, knowing smile, waiting for him to respond. Jack suppresses a similar but almost envious look on his face. Young Jack make little effort to hide the fact that he is pleased. Jack nods in approval.

Sam: Okay, let's get started.

Cut to van scene outside of the high school...this takes place much as it does in canon, but with Jack and Sam in the front seat, and Young Jack and Young Sam in the back.

Use your imagination for the farewell dialogue.

As Sam and Jack drive away, Young Sam and Young Jack look at each other and smile. To the same soft fade-out music they played at the end of "Lost City," we see Young Jack and Sam walk away.

Jack's hand slowly moves toward Sam's. Their fingertips find each other and then we fade to the credits.
                    i love that ending to bad it isn't the ending it is so sweet. but this was a fantastic episode anyway it really made me laugh
                    sigpic

Comment

OK cool episode, so Jack has a 'mini me' walking around

I think Michael Welsh was perfect in the role as Jack.

As always any episode with the Asgards is a good one!

Rating: 7 / 10

Comment

This was a good episode. The kid certainly did a good job portraying a young O'Neill - kind of a shame there was never a follow up episode. One other thing.. Daniel's memory seemed to be back in order in only the 3rd episode of the seasom with him being able to remember things like Loki being the Norse god of mischief...

Comment

Why does this only have a 2 and a half star rating on the Gateworld site, this was one of my favorite episodes of the season.

I wish we could've touched back on mini jack. He was played by a great actor. Could come into play in future series? Why not! It is Jack Oneill for all intensive purposes, now in a younger more agile body. I say that would be awesome.

Comment

i think i like this episode was because i was turning 14 years old (Bday is October 7th, 1989) when it aired in 2003 so i guess seeing a younger version of Jack O'Neill kinda hit home to me. it was very good episode. and Michael Welch did a very good job at Portraying Jack O'Neill. He had most (if not all of Richard Mannerisms that Rick Does to play O'Neill.) So yeah all together this episode gets a 5/5 from me.

Comment

This is a cool ep. Michael Welch did an incredible job.
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I think it's an awsome episode!

Love that but had to watch it two times to come to that conclusion.
                                So what would you think about Alar?
                                I'm not sure he is concealing something.
                                What do you think it is?
                                I do not know. He's concealing it!

Comment

Working...
                                X