Homecoming (702)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
    I was very sad to see Jonas go. But at least they didn't kill him and he went out on a high note......showing himself to be the honourable man that he is. They could have kept his character on the show, at least as a recurring character like Jacob.
    I agree.
    sigpic

Comment

great episode
      R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Great ep, and while I'm very happy Daniel Jackson's back, losing Jonas Quinn was just too bad.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
          Great ep, and while I'm very happy Daniel Jackson's back, losing Jonas Quinn was just too bad.
          I agree. Jonas had become such a great fit. And honestly, having seen various seasons 3 or 4 or more times, and having skipped season 6 usually because I loved Daniel so much. I actually like Jonas Quinn more than I like Daniel Jackson, he is more care free, and up lifting, whereas Daniel sometimes gets very confrontational and less appealing. But I can't think of a single time where I didn't love Jonas! So so sad to see him go, and I feel like it was brushed off too easily.

Originally posted by cavalierlwt View Post
          I thought the Jonas character was interesting and worth keeping, it would have been perfect if he'd had stayed around and then became a member of Stargate Atlantis. Not that anyone on SGA sucks, but there's a few characters I could lose in place of Jonas.
          I like this idea, and others too. Jonas definitely would have been better than Lt. Ford. Goodness was he bad! (yeah I'll catch flak for that) But, some pointed out the good Daniel and Jonas teamwork, I think that would have been great. Even if after this episode Daniel was still having trouble remembering so they kept Jonas on to help him but Jonas said he wanted to return home after his work with Daniel was done, to hand off the torch a little better. And also to make it easier to let Jonas go.

Also, I know its too late to change it of course. But I wish it would have been different and we would have seen Jonas as often as we see Jacob.

As a memento:
          Last edited by zainea13; 19 December 2011, 12:17 AM.
          Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Really great episode, but the departure of Jonas Quinn is a loss. He is a great balance to Daniel in so many ways as I wrote previously.
            If Yu was the very first symbiote to make it to a System Lord, the question arises how did the he come up with the idea of system lord in the first place and how did he get there? And did SG1 retrieve the crystal? I think I last remember seeing it roll on the floor.
            And if Anubis used the same device on Jonas that he used on Thor, then why wasn't Jonas's consciousness downloaded and destroyed when the ship was destroyed by Baal?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
              Really great episode, but the departure of Jonas Quinn is a loss. He is a great balance to Daniel in so many ways as I wrote previously.
              If Yu was the very first symbiote to make it to a System Lord, the question arises how did the he come up with the idea of system lord in the first place and how did he get there? And did SG1 retrieve the crystal? I think I last remember seeing it roll on the floor.
              And if Anubis used the same device on Jonas that he used on Thor, then why wasn't Jonas's consciousness downloaded and destroyed when the ship was destroyed by Baal?
              I think Yu was just the oldest alive Goa'uld, not the first of all. And Thor was fighting the mind probe and maybe purposefully downloaded himself because his body was weak. Plus he was trying to help out O'Niell And Teal'c escape through the system of the ship so maybe something happened where he got into the ship, whereas Jonas, while advanced, isn't as advanced as Thor. And I don't know about the crystal, maybe we are to assume it was broken in the battle.
              Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

I'm very sad to see Jonas go, as others have said. He was a fantastic addition to the team, and I think at the least he should have become a recurring character along the lines of Bra'tac/Martouf/Jacob. Back when these episodes were new, I remember I wasn't his biggest fan due to being bitter over the loss of Daniel, but this rewatch has allowed me to see how much fun he was to have around.

I thought Homecoming was a good episode, but not quite as enjoyable as Fallen. Daniel settles back into his role in SG-1 a little too quickly and easily; I think the memory-loss should have been highlighted a bit more and his reintegration should have been a bit more of a struggle and could have been played over several episodes.

Kelowna is an interesting place, and I enjoyed the visit here a lot more than in Shadow Play. I feel like Anubis, as a character, has become somewhat weakened by this point in the show, and he comes across a bit more as the bland cliche villain Jack is always describing him as. In contrast, Yu has become one of the most interesting Goa'uld characters, and he along with Ba'al represent a far better choice of bad guy for future stories.

RATING: 7.5 out of 10
                Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

When you start watching Season 9 you'll really wish Daniel had died permanently and Jonas had replaced him the same way Cameron replaced O'Neill.....

Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
                  I'm very sad to see Jonas go, as others have said. He was a fantastic addition to the team, and I think at the least he should have become a recurring character along the lines of Bra'tac/Martouf/Jacob. Back when these episodes were new, I remember I wasn't his biggest fan due to being bitter over the loss of Daniel, but this rewatch has allowed me to see how much fun he was to have around.

I thought Homecoming was a good episode, but not quite as enjoyable as Fallen. Daniel settles back into his role in SG-1 a little too quickly and easily; I think the memory-loss should have been highlighted a bit more and his reintegration should have been a bit more of a struggle and could have been played over several episodes.

Kelowna is an interesting place, and I enjoyed the visit here a lot more than in Shadow Play. I feel like Anubis, as a character, has become somewhat weakened by this point in the show, and he comes across a bit more as the bland cliche villain Jack is always describing him as. In contrast, Yu has become one of the most interesting Goa'uld characters, and he along with Ba'al represent a far better choice of bad guy for future stories.

RATING: 7.5 out of 10

Comment

Or like some of us, he might be pleasantly surprised and thoroughly enjoy Daniel's return and subsequent appearances in this and latter seasons....horses for courses and all that....

Spoiler observation for "Fallout" below...

Spoiler:
                    Have just watched "Fallout"....I wish someone had given Jonas (and his girlfriend) a decent haircut - looks like someone ran amok with the pudding basin!

Deeds xx
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Hehee - this is a "rewatch". I've seen all of Stargate before
                      Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
                        Hehee - this is a "rewatch". I've seen all of Stargate before

I know...thought I'd err on the side of caution....it was pretty awful wasn't it though?...

Deeds xx
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

The SG1 marathon in a scifi themed pub/bar in London continued...

1. "Welcome home Jonas Quinn". And the story takes an interesting twist...

2. Jack had a point, banking on Ba'al was one hell of a gamble.

3. Anubis 'was' a bit cliches at times in this ep...

4. And Anubis assigns his two 'dumbest' Jaffa to the ring room...did lead to a very cool scene later on though...

5. And exit Jonas, as I said back in '06 on fairly good grounds! Daniel looked like he had a bit of fitting back in to do but...

Decent enough ep.
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

A pretty good conclusion to the season opening 2-parter. But it was the weaker one of the 2.

I'm sad to see Jonas go, I liked him. One more episode, and the writers will ignore him for the rest of the franchise.

That whole Background music gag is really lost on the DVD, because of the lack of act breaks.

That was a funny gag, Daniel asking Jack if they get paid saving the world.

Tomorrow, Jack becomes 30 years younger.
                            sigpic

Comment

My LiveJournal post
                              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

after watching these two episodes and seeing all members of sg-1 interact with one another, it makes wonder how the series would've went had jonas quinn stayed on. it would've allowed them to make SG-1 a 5 member team and allowed them to develop stories around RDA's schedule even more.

Comment

Working...
                                X