No announcement yet.

The Changeling (619)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol! well i admit even I didn't get what was going on until i watched it a second time

but this is one of what consider the "great"est (aka great high-emotional-impact ) eps of the series up there with abyss, prophecy, full circle, unnatural selection, forever in a day, and threads

Comment

-Danny makes a good shrink. Why is it called 'Changeling'? Is it because Teal'c becomes a normal human for a while?
      Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

Originally posted by PugGate
        -Danny makes a good shrink. Why is it called 'Changeling'? Is it because Teal'c becomes a normal human for a while?
        Well, in Celtic mythology, a changeling is a child who is left by the faeries--they take one child and leave anither in its place. Now, normally the child taken is fair-haired, good, sunny, cheerful, etc., while the changeling is dark, wild, and edging towards evil, but I bet the switching aspect has a lot to do with the title.
        My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
        -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
        -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
        -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Definitely agree - confusing episode. The review sums it up quite nicely

"Every one in a while, an episode comes along that makes you stand back and wonder: what the heck just happened? For some, "The Changeling" was exactly that kind of episode"

Still not quite sure what happened, will have to go back and rewatch it - although it's one of those few episodes that are better to be watched the second time than the first.

Comment

I liked the episode. I think the scenes of Daniel as the psychologist, were just in Teal'c's dream. But at the end, when Daniel has the v-neck sweater on, I think that is ascended Daniel.

Comment

You can analyse this episode as much as you like - and it is a cracking episode - but Jack as a fireman.... mmmmm nice! It does raise another issue though. Casual Daniel Jackson. V-neck sweater? Not quite as bad as Jack though when off duty - where does he get his clothes? See Window of opportunity when he snogs Sam.
              Last edited by Relatively Minor Goa'uld; 01 July 2005, 12:13 PM. Reason: Bad clothing

Comment

I haven't seen this one, just read a (very poor) transcript. Was this one as weird as it sounded? I understand it was a bit esoteric, but there's a difference between esoteric and weird.

Comment

It's the kind of episode that needs to be watched. Then you can decide if it's your kind of weird

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                    It's the kind of episode that needs to be watched. Then you can decide if it's your kind of weird
                    It's definitely my kind of weird. It all gets terribly confusing as the episode progresses as to which 'real' is 'real' - indeed, are any of these reals real? I don't mind that, probably because it's meant to be that way and Teal'c is as bamboozled by it as I am.

I'm intrigued by the way that Daniel makes an appearance. Given that, to Teal'c's mind, Daniel is an ascended being and therefore no longer 'upon this mortal coil', why would he include him in this other reality stuff?

On the other hand, the last time he was put in this position, Teal'c relived episodes from his past - so it could be that he's doing something not too dissimilar again, therefore it's feasible that Daniel could appear in some form.

But then - how much of it is down to Daniel personally? Is he stepping into Teal'c's dreamworld of his own volition? Or is he making use of the persona Teal'c's mind has created for him? I guess we'll never really know for sure.

Plus I thought Jonas' pinny was quite cute.
                    sigpic

Comment

You are so right, this ep was weird weird weird. The first time I saw it I was like "what's going on?" Jonas is wearing an apron even I wouldn't wear, they are calling him Probee, Teal'c is a normal guy instead of Mr. Indeed Jaffa Dude, oh, and then Shau'nac, Apophis and Daniel show up. I was intrigued within the first five minutes - I mean, it wasn't the usual open up with the team going through the event horizon.

When they showed Teal'c and Bra'tac sharing a symbiote I was like whooooaaa.
                      I also felt like I got to know Teal'c a bit more, even though most of it was a dream, you still see how his mind and emotions work. A rare and very cool glimpse into the world that is Teal'c.

I thought it was a really cool ep, its one I go back and watch when I'm in the mood.
                      If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                      proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                      Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                        You are so right, this ep was weird weird weird. The first time I saw it I was like "what's going on?" Jonas is wearing an apron even I wouldn't wear, they are calling him Probee, Teal'c is a normal guy instead of Mr. Indeed Jaffa Dude, oh, and then Shau'nac, Apophis and Daniel show up. I was intrigued within the first five minutes - I mean, it wasn't the usual open up with the team going through the event horizon.

When they showed Teal'c and Bra'tac sharing a symbiote I was like whooooaaa.
                        I also felt like I got to know Teal'c a bit more, even though most of it was a dream, you still see how his mind and emotions work. A rare and very cool glimpse into the world that is Teal'c.

I thought it was a really cool ep, its one I go back and watch when I'm in the mood.
                        This is one of those episodes that I didn't fully appreciate when it first aired...but grew to appreciate after hearing the commentaries.

First it was neat seeing the different family/friends of the SG-1 cast members as extras and whatnot. I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff.

Second, it was neat seeing Teal'c be decidedly un-Teal'c-like.

I found the reveal to be affective...but I agree with the commentary that it would have been cool to have a higher crane shot and a better transition to the next scene...but that's all technical stuff.

I think Chris did a good job though and I'll add myself to the list of those who enjoyed this episode.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Chris wrote a really good episode. I liked how so many characters were involved in the storyline. I love the friendship bond between Teal'c and Jonas. I thought it was great the way Teal'c was sharing his symbiote with Bra'tac. And let me just say this - regardless of whether they're wearing blue or green BDU's with tight black t-shirts or dressed in a fireman's uniform the men of SG-1 are hot!

Comment

great episode i never understodd the episode untill i saw season 5 threshold then i got what was going on with the whole body/hallucinations.
                            For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by LuvsJonasQuinn
                              And let me just say this - regardless of whether they're wearing blue or green BDU's with tight black t-shirts or dressed in a fireman's uniform the men of SG-1 are hot!
                              Does that include a red gingham pinafore?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum
                                Does that include a red gingham pinafore?
                                But of course. Those dimples more than make up for the apron.

Comment

Working...
                                X