No announcement yet.

Disclosure (617)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still want to airlock Kinsey! Totally love it when Thor puts him in his place. With that little finger in the air, "Supreme Commander Thor" ... he totally pwnd Kinsey!

Other than that, I find this a very boring episode. Not much else to say about it.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I dug this episode but I'm half drunk right now so what do I know. Thor was the shinning light but I didn't have a problem with anything else. Pretty good clip show.

Comment

Kinsey should have known better than to pick THAT sort of fight in front of others.

THOR ROCKS!

Every time I see this episode and the Chinese Ambassador comes on, I keep on expecting him to be wearing the Dharma uniform and lab coat and going on about Namaste....

I seem to have heard somewhere that Thor was just a hologram. Was this just a fanfic thing?
        Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are Crunchy and good with Ketchup.

Comment

Not sure. Never heard that thought before.

Comment

Originally posted by Meaghan View Post
            Kinsey should have known better than to pick THAT sort of fight in front of others.

THOR ROCKS!

Every time I see this episode and the Chinese Ambassador comes on, I keep on expecting him to be wearing the Dharma uniform and lab coat and going on about Namaste....

I seem to have heard somewhere that Thor was just a hologram. Was this just a fanfic thing?
            I knew I'd seen him before.

Very disappointed that such a major event in the mythology is reduced to being a clip show.

Can someone explain the reasoning behind these type of episodes?

EDIT: While the the whole flashback element is unappealing, and does hinder the historical nature of the episode, Thor's last minute appearance with his support of Hammond and his putting Kinsey firmly in his place, is a great moment.
            Last edited by I Am Not James Spader; 16 September 2015, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by I Am Not James Spader View Post
              I knew I'd seen him before.

Very disappointed that such a major event in the mythology is reduced to being a clip show.

Can someone explain the reasoning behind these type of episodes?

EDIT: While the the whole flashback element is unappealing, and does hinder the historical nature of the episode, Thor's last minute appearance with his support of Hammond and his putting Kinsey firmly in his place, is a great moment.
              They are cheap and save money
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

They possibly also serve to bring newer folk to the show, up to speed on some of the main points of what has happened so far.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  They possibly also serve to bring newer folk to the show, up to speed on some of the main points of what has happened so far.
                  I agree, I liked this ep and I really loved Thor and his little index finger - great! The ambassadors were well chosen - IMO. Would have liked to see a German ambassador though.
                  CARPE DIEM
                  ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    They are cheap and save money
                    Producers can save even more by not making an episode at all rather just making an episode to fill a quota.

Unlike other TV shows, SG-1 has actually had a story to tell in their two "clip episodes". However, in both those episodes the story was hindered by the "clips". In this episode, for instance, the flashbacks could all have been told in dialogue* or we could get a story from something happening at the SGC while Hammond is at the briefing.

I take Davis monologuing SG-1's adventures over flashbacks any day of the week.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    While that may have one of the intentions, I don't see it working in the way this was presented here. The clips were random from the shows history and didn't work as a guide to the overall mythology.

If they'd just let the actors do it all in dialogue the episode would have been much more intriguing - especially when Davies and Cox were going at each other, rather than cutting into the fine performances with flashbacks.

Comment

Television does not work that way. SyFy ordered a set amount of episodes and wants that set amount
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I think TV audience wants to watch action, not listen entirely to dialogues about action. The clips work for me but to each her own!!!
                        Last edited by Anja; 24 September 2015, 02:02 AM. Reason: grammar
                        CARPE DIEM
                        ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Television does not work that way. SyFy ordered a set amount of episodes and wants that set amount
                          I'm not just talking about Stargate here, but clip shows in general.

As I said, SG-1 is rather unique in that they not only have story in these kinds of episodes, but a damn good story so unlike clip shows in other TV series these episodes aren't just fillers.

However, the SG-1 episodes in question are let by the addition of flashbacks. More O'Neill/Hammond vs Kinsey dialogue bests clips any day

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                          I think TV audience wants to watch action, not listen entirely to dialogues about action. The clips work for me but to each her own!!!
                          SG-1 audiences get plenty of action. One episode out of 22 that lets an actor like Davies take centre stage and flex his talent a bit more is not a bad thing.

And you misunderstand what I mean by Davies and the rest describing the action with dialogue - I meant for Hammond and Kinsey to battle it out and tell the Stargate story with dialogue not to describe the various action clips in words.

Comment

And dialogue gets boring after a while...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              And dialogue gets boring after a while...
                              That depends entirely on the writing and the performances.

If you are suggesting that Davis and Cox couldn't deliver, I declare you to be wrong.

SG-1 delivers plenty of action on a week to basis. Even in episodes where there is no actual combat, there is alsways some level of action - for example in "Revisions" the walk through the toxic atmosphere, while uneventual, is exciting and gives the illusion that the environment is much larger in scope than it is, and the later scene were the zombified villagers corner SG-1.

Two dialogue heavy action free episodes in six seasons is not the end of the world. They are the only good parts of those episodes.

And the clips, especially in "Disclosure" are not sufficient to educate a new viewer on the show's growing mythology. Clips shows are lazy.

Comment

You would basically be watching a bunch of men in a room, talking... It's like watching parliament in session and it gets boring really fast. If you have nothing else for 42 minutes, there's no way the attention of the viewer's going to stick.

Comment

Working...
                                X