Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captain jake
    When will we see him again I wonder.
    Sadly we probably won't.....but I still hold out hope. I would have liked one of Jack's eps next season to see the return of Maybourne as well, but it's unlikly.....

Comment

Why do you say that?
      sigpic

Comment

We see maybourne again season 8

Comment

Ya that was a great episode with the jumper in our galaxy and all, but im talking season 10 and beyond.
          sigpic

Comment

ah then I think he's warpped up

Comment

Again Why do you say that?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                Again Why do you say that?
                Maybourne's main conflictive relationship was with Jack, without Jack there isn't that dynamic so I doubt that the writer's would try to bring him back.

Comment

Jack has a few episodes coming up.

And he could form a realationship with mitchell.
                  sigpic

Comment

Maybourne's main conflictive relationship was with Jack, without Jack there isn't that dynamic so I doubt that the writer's would try to bring him back
                    Also, the conflict with Jack had pretty much run its natural course. The two had gone from being bitter enemies to being reluctant allies, to having grudging respect for each other and, finally, becoming friends. Though Jack would probably have trouble admitting to the last one.

There was nowhere left for the relationship to go and nothing new to say. So although I loved the Jack/Maybourne dynamic and episodes which focused on them, I think IGTBK was a natural and fitting end point for Maybourne.

There's still one good reason I'd love to see him back though. I'm still hankering after that proposed episode where Maybourne teams up with Mini-Jack, that never got off the ground. Ostensibly it was to help get Jack out of trouble and it wouldn't be as strong a draw or episode for me if it was Mitchell instead, but it could still be a whole barrel of fun. And it would be a legitimate reason to bring Maybourne back temporarily.

I wonder what that book of tiles was. Anyone else have an idea?
                    I can't remember what they are called, specifically, but they were obviously intended to be a Furling version of a method Native Americans used to mark down a pictorial history of their tribe. They'd paint pictographs on round discs of hide to mark seasons, crops, momentous events, deaths, births, etc - all the things that were important to them. Then they'd tie them together to form a 'history book'.

As they told the story of the 'tribe' in picture form, it would have taken little for Jack to interpret or translate them and would have been relatively easy for him to follow the story. I imagine that the infiltration of the tribe by the Goa'uld, the realisation that one - or several - of their number had been taken over by a Goa'uld, would have been an event important enough to have been included. Perhaps hastily recorded on the discs before the society disintegrated completely into mass hullicination and murder. Which probably led Jack to finding the Goa'uld skeleton intermingled with the Furling body and then on to realise what was going on and what had happened to destroy the Furlings there.

Albion
                    Last edited by Albion; 04 June 2006, 02:45 AM.
                    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

And discovered, remarkably, the first instance in recorded history where salad turns out to actually be bad for you...
                      sigpic

Comment

i'd really like to see maybourne come back. He makes me laugh. I'll hold out hope that we'll see him again

sig by starlover1990

Comment

I know what you mean. It'd be fun.

Alas, I think this ending is perhaps the most appropriate for the character (IGTBK notwithstanding, of course). He doesn't die or just disappear, never to be mentioned again (that in itself is a major tribute to a secondary character). Instead, he fits into the story absolutely perfectly and has a nice happy resolution at the end.

In fact (and this is also a real tribute to Harry's worth as a recurring character), I'm not sure there was anyone else who would have been so ideal to be stranded with Jack on some planet somewhere with no prospect of return, dead bodies all over the place and hallocinogenic salad leaves for lunch.

Long live Maybourne - whether on our screens or off them.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum
                            I know what you mean. It'd be fun.

Alas, I think this ending is perhaps the most appropriate for the character (IGTBK notwithstanding, of course). He doesn't die or just disappear, never to be mentioned again (that in itself is a major tribute to a secondary character). Instead, he fits into the story absolutely perfectly and has a nice happy resolution at the end.

In fact (and this is also a real tribute to Harry's worth as a recurring character), I'm not sure there was anyone else who would have been so ideal to be stranded with Jack on some planet somewhere with no prospect of return, dead bodies all over the place and hallocinogenic salad leaves for lunch.

Long live Maybourne - whether on our screens or off them.
                            Long live the King!

Comment

I made me a PL sig. Thanks to Aintright for the piccy.

Comment

If I can throw a small spanner in the works.

Was watching this episode again the other day on dvd and did anyone notice it looks like they messed up a little in post production.

My other half noticed and I could only tell when I turned the volume right up that there is a part you hear a little of the background stage direction...(I think that is what it is).

It is just aorund the time O'Neill is examing Harry's fire....

Comment

Working...
                                X