No announcement yet.

Paradise Lost (615)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not in this case - after all, it wouldn't have been anything like as fun an episode if Maybourne had been stranded on another planet (possibly forever) with Dr Lee.
    sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode.

Any time Jack and Maybourne get together is good value!! The antagonistic face offs yet grudging admiration for eachother, just fantastic. As they both descended into paranoia was gripping viewing due to the superb photography and music.

The scenery is fantastic I agree, the vast space added to the feeling of isolation. It was shot in a really remote part of a provincial park about 350km from Vancouver.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
        I loved this episode.

Any time Jack and Maybourne get together is good value!! The antagonistic face offs yet grudging admiration for eachother, just fantastic. As they both descended into paranoia was gripping viewing due to the superb photography and music.

The scenery is fantastic I agree, the vast space added to the feeling of isolation. It was shot in a really remote part of a provincial park about 350km from Vancouver.
        You wouldn't happen to know if it's Manning Park would you? (another British Columbian here)

Comment

It was filmed at a place called Kit Lake according to RDA's video diary for Paradise Lost on the Season 6 box set special features.(I bought this when I still lived in the UK) He also says that they are in BC.

I found the place on a map search on the internet a couple of years back but I tried searching for it again and can't find it!???? I seem to remember that it was in a protected area but I can't remember the name of the park(which is really annoying!) Even worked out how far it was from Vancouver so that we could go there on one of our trips we make regularly in this beautiful province.

I asked my son who worked at Manning Park if there was a lake with that name there in the hope it might be there, but he said there wasn't unfortunately.

I was also hoping that I heard wrong and that RDA said Pitt Lake, but that would be too easy, being close to where I live!!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
            It was filmed at a place called Kit Lake according to RDA's video diary for Paradise Lost on the Season 6 box set special features.(I bought this when I still lived in the UK) He also says that they are in BC.

I found the place on a map search on the internet a couple of years back but I tried searching for it again and can't find it!???? I seem to remember that it was in a protected area but I can't remember the name of the park(which is really annoying!) Even worked out how far it was from Vancouver so that we could go there on one of our trips we make regularly in this beautiful province.

I asked my son who worked at Manning Park if there was a lake with that name there in the hope it might be there, but he said there wasn't unfortunately.

I was also hoping that I heard wrong and that RDA said Pitt Lake, but that would be too easy, being close to where I live!!
            It actually was Pitt Lake and RDA does say Pitt Lake, it's the subtitles that are wrong. It's a beautiful area. Go take a look you'll recognise it.

Comment

Originally posted by windy View Post
              It actually was Pitt Lake and RDA does say Pitt Lake, it's the subtitles that are wrong. It's a beautiful area. Go take a look you'll recognise it.
              Thanks for that, it was driving me nuts!! Do you know which part of the lake it was filmed at?

I've only been to the Grant Narrows Regional park end of it but it doesn't look like the scenes in the episode. It's really beautiful there, one of my favorite walks. We hope to get in a boat one day and explore further.

Comment

This was an awesome episode!

Everything from the acting, the cinematography, music and editing was just so exciting to watch. I loved when the plant they were eating finally got to Jack and all the lighting changed and it reminded me of 'Lord of the Flies' and 'The Beach' as he goes temporarily crazy and paranoid. The filming of that was very cool.

I liked bare-foot Jack too, and the fishing scene; too funny. Jack and Maybourne are great together!

Maybourne: "Nothing more than a good wiener."
                Col. O'Neill: "Yes, you are what you eat."

It was good to see Sam getting angry and ordering people around. I don't think I'd seen her like that before, and I hope we see it again. The moment with Teal'c in the locker room was also very sweet.

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
                And discovered, remarkably, the first instance in recorded history where salad turns out to actually be bad for you...

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                Its almost in a weird way, a sequel to A Hundred Days. We saw Sam's reaction to Jack being lost in that one and this episode took it one step further.
                I saw the similarity between 'Paradise Lost' and 'A Hundred Days' too. Only this episode, to me, was much better.
                "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
                S/J all the way!
                Big Honkin' Resolution!
                sigpic
                John/Teyla Shipper!
                SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Two_L's View Post
                  This was an awesome episode!

Everything from the acting, the cinematography, music and editing was just so exciting to watch. I loved when the plant they were eating finally got to Jack and all the lighting changed and it reminded me of 'Lord of the Flies' and 'The Beach' as he goes temporarily crazy and paranoid. The filming of that was very cool.

I liked bare-foot Jack too, and the fishing scene; too funny. Jack and Maybourne are great together!

Maybourne: "Nothing more than a good wiener."
                  Col. O'Neill: "Yes, you are what you eat."

It was good to see Sam getting angry and ordering people around. I don't think I'd seen her like that before, and I hope we see it again. The moment with Teal'c in the locker room was also very sweet.
                  I agree on that Lord of the Flies similarity- I was reading that book at the time when I first saw this ep, which was rather interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_L's View Post
                    I saw the similarity between 'Paradise Lost' and 'A Hundred Days' too. Only this episode, to me, was much better.
                    Same here, but i hate it that they used this, vice a hundred days, iirc to showcase the 'familarity' between sam and jack, when they were inaugurating the new president in season 7... when they decided to replace hammond with dr wier.

Comment

I loved this episode. Strangely, despite him being such a n00b in this episode by tricking SG-1 and General Hammond, I felt sorry for Maybourne not finding his Utopia...
                      "I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello..."

Comment

True... though i wonder what they would have done had it really been one..

Comment

ooo good episode, funny stuff. hehe jsut me or did Carter sound like Mckay?
                          BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

Also one more thing, is this the last episode we see Harry?
                            Originally posted by Roatbaum View Post
                            Yes, remember he went off with the Tok'Ra.
                            Spoiler:
                            Thats where ur wrong
                            We see him in Its Good To Be King Season 8
                            Hes the King and he needs SG1s help in defending his planet from the Goa'uld

Comment

I wonder if his planet got hit by the Ori when they came..

Comment

i always find jack/harry episodes very enjoyable. the bantering is always fun to watch. imo, this one is the best, so far. why isn't there more jack/harry eps? based on what i've read here, most people like the chemistry between these 2.

i also enjoy scenes where jack gets to show his black ops skills. i also like it when jack drops the dumb act.
                                Last edited by L E E; 24 July 2008, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X