Smoke and Mirrors (614)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
    Not my favorite episode but seeing Teal'c clothsline the guy and "interrogate" him was awesome

and why won't Kinsey DIE????
    to be fair, the title gave us the idea that it was all a ploy...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
    "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
    a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

It's a well plotted episode. And you see in yet one more episode how RDA got his request for less screen time, which I personally feel detracts from the show in Season 6. Of course the on-world episodes must have also been an obvious budgetary savings, which I find a bit disappointing.

Question: Sam mentions that the mimic devices required scanning the person being mimicked. I don't recall in Foothold a segment where the alien creatures scanned anybody before taking on their appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
        Question: Sam mentions that the mimic devices required scanning the person being mimicked. I don't recall in Foothold a segment where the alien creatures scanned anybody before taking on their appearance.
        That's because we weren't shown that. Sam's comment takes the place of us getting to see it happen. It happens all the time in TV. Rather than taking the time to create a machine that can do the scanning, the writers have a character make a comment in reference to it, so the audience knows how it was done.

Comment

Actually, around 26 minutes into Foothold we see Fraiser and some airmen placing another airman into the scanner.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Right, that room where people were hanging from the ceiling. OK, that was the scanner. Got it now.

Originally posted by fems View Post
            Actually, around 26 minutes into Foothold we see Fraiser and some airmen placing another airman into the scanner.

Comment

Well, the actual scanner wasn't the room, but that grayish thing on the floor where they inserted the airman and afterwards the airman would be hanging from the ceiling like the others.
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Just watched this on a rewatch (bit behind) Erm, Peter Kelamis (SGU's Adam Brody) didnt even recognise him until the credits rolled...

Comment

I stuck a VHS into the Halls of Res machine...

1. Sort of new the plot prior to the ep...certainly an interesting fix...

2. Interesting that the Foothold incident got buried so deep...

3. Very well spotted Jonas...

4. First time Barrett's really of use.

5. Only plothole...how did they get Devlin's banner for the mimic device?

6. Teal'c staring out Langam.

7. And Jack couldn't bring himself to smile...

Cool ep.
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by SecretArt View Post
                    Haven't seen foothold in a while so i may be mistaken, but wasn't Jack in BDU's when he was jabbed by alien Janet? Which means that it's possible that the dupilcated images weren't exactly of the clothes the person was wearing (it may have been what they were thinking about wearing or something)
                    I think, since it copies a person, whoever is wearing the device can easily change clothes. Remember, Jack was in BDU's, but when they were on the plane with Maybourne and Carter, he was in civies. (Foothold)

So you can use the device and change clothes. It would be a pretty useless device if you could only be wearing what that person was wearing when they were scanned.
                    sigpic

Just repeat to yourself; "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

Comment

I thought it was a pretty memorable episode because Kinsey finally gets what's coming to him, or does he?

Not mentioning Foothold in the Previously on, was sneaky, but good.

Forgot that Peter Kelamis was in this episode.

Tomorrow, Maybourne is back and is trapped on another planet with Jack.
                      sigpic

Comment

Meh, not one of my faves... Teal'c is great in this ep though

My LiveJournal post
                        That's weird, the LJ question of the day on the front page is "Who do you think would make a great US president?"
                        Well, we know who we wouldn't want!
                        "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                        "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                        "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                        "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                        >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

One of the best Earth based episodes.

Loved the inventive way the mimic devices were used to frame Jack, and increase the feeling of paranoia that anyone could be replaced to further the interests of that shady group of businessmen.

'Brody' looked so different in this episode!

Jonas and Teal'c worked really well together on their bit of the investigation. Teal'c definitely stole the show in this episode with stopping Langham's escape and his interrogation technique of leaving the guy to imagine what might happen to him at his hands if he didn't talk, and looking at Teal'c's expression you really don't want to know!

Our disingenuous friend Kinsey's use of Jack's situation was wonderfully irritating, "Smile Colonel, you've just won me the election."

Comment

Once again this season seemed to have the intent of ending the major plot arcs. This episode aimed to wrap up the rogue NID and arrest the heads. Yes The Committee takes on a new form but for all purposes gives the impression they had been wrapped up in this episode. But in S4 it was shown that Kinsey was on the rogue NID side so I have to wonder why they changed sides with him and tried to kill Kinsey. As far as I remember this was never answered. Besides that it was a nice corspiracy plot to find out the rogue NID behind this assination. Like many Earth the story is complicated on the people behind the attack making it interesting to watch but it was predictible the mimic devices were behind. I always laugh when the doctor runs right into Teal'c arm.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

I thought it was answered in season 8, Jelgate. Can't remember the name of the episode, though.

Seaboe
                              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                                I thought it was answered in season 8, Jelgate. Can't remember the name of the episode, though.

Seaboe
                                Most likely "Full Alert", S8.

Comment

Working...
                                X