No announcement yet.

Smoke and Mirrors (614)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good episode, just one thing though. they were sitting in the briefing room watching a tape of O'Neill in the hallway of the building where Kinsey was shoot from and no one asked the obvious question and that is: "if O'Neill was Special Ops trained then why would he allow himself to be seen on cam? wouldn't he have taken out the cam and any other surveillance first? they are trained to be stealthy u know."
    Last edited by LordAnubis82; 07 September 2008, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis82 View Post
      good episode, just one thing though. they were sitting in the briefing room watching a tape of O'Neill in the hallway of the building where Kinsey was shoot from and no one asked the obvious question and that is: "if O'Neill was Special Ops trained then why would he allow himself to be seen on cam? wouldn't he have taken out the cam and any other surveillance first? they are trained to be stealthy u know."
      yeah. i immediately noticed that too. as usual, i just blame the plot.

Comment

I really liked this episode. Well, except for Jack being framed. But that had to be there in order for the team to be able to exhonerate him. Even though Hammond brought the Airman in to take Jack into custody, Hammond states right out that he doesn't believe Jack did it. And a bit later when Hammond and Carter are coming up the stairs, they both say they know for sure the Colonel didn't do it. And then Hammond puts the rest of SG1 on leave in order to put their full efforts into finding out exactly what happened and how to free Jack.

Love the trust and back-up there. Not a single question about whether he was innocent. I liked that Sam got to check out things in her dress uniform - more impressive and very businesslike. Though I also thought she looked great in her casual girl clothes when she met Barrett in the park, and then the black suit when they went to check out the house that blew up. She seemed very confident in what she was doing and wasn't going to take any crap from Barrett about sharing information.

I was also bothered by the so-called evidence of finding the gun in the lake. I thought there was a pond at Jack's cabin; it isn't a lake. And having a neighbor claim to have seen him dumping something in the lake, ... well there are no neighbors near enough to his cabin to see anything, plus even if it had been Jack he would have waited until really dark and dressed himself in black clothing so nobody lurking around uninvited would even see him doing anything. Obviously somebody was paid to claim they saw him doing that, but it never came up again.

Kinsey - will I have nothing to say about him. (**jerk that he is**).

Just liked how the team got really involved in sorting things out and got their guy off the hook, except that he had to show up with Kinsey and shake his hand ... which he undoubtedly wanted to do something else with, but couldn't.

Comment

Kinsey is such a jerk I wished he really got killed, lol. The way he turn the whole event into a heroic act of his own.

Then again I wouldn't expect any less from real life politician, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
            Kinsey is such a jerk I wished he really got killed, lol. The way he turn the whole event into a heroic act of his own.

Then again I wouldn't expect any less from real life politician, LOL.
            so true, he is so far up his own arse you just wanna shoot him, like jack

Comment

One thing that always bugs me about this episode is that Kinsey goes from being shot and in a coma to back on his feet and up walking around like nothing happened the next minute.

He should have been laid up in the hospital fir weeks recovering,

Comment

this was a really good episode and i am glad they brought the changy technology back. only problem with the ep is that kinsey lived.
                Some say that he has only one ear.
                And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                All we know is he's called
                sigpic

Comment

Great episode , no Stargates but the mimic devices was cool enough .

Loved the way Teal'c and Jonas worked together , especially when they captured Dr Langham .

Only bad thing about this episode is that Kinsley is still alive.

Rating : 7 / 10

Comment

I thought this was a pretty good episode. Kinsey is certainly one of those characters most people love to hate, and you just gotta love Teal'c's interrogation technique

Comment

They should have got MS back for this episode, and have "Daniel" be the assassin (in the opening scene) I actually waited and waited for MS to appear after Sam told Jonas that there is one for "Daniel" (thought it was weird for her to mention a dead guy, so figured it would have so future meaning in the epi, silly me )

Teal'C and the fist of steel strikes and his silent interrogation was cool, I think I would give in too, just see him across the table, staring at you
                      --Signature is Currently Undergoing Invisibility Maintenance, Please Check Back Later or Leave a Message after The Beep--

*Beep*

Comment

Who was the person who played the Gun salesman that Sam and Agent Barret talk to in this episode? You know, the bald guy. Otherwise known as 'dude who sounds like a lady'.
                        Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                          Who was the person who played the Gun salesman that Sam and Agent Barret talk to in this episode? You know, the bald guy. Otherwise known as 'dude who sounds like a lady'.
                          It was either John Mann or James Michalopolous.
                          sigpic
                          Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Not my favorite episode but seeing Teal'c clothsline the guy and "interrogate" him was awesome

and why won't Kinsey DIE????
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I wanted to see Kinsey die too... Teal'c's clothesline tackle was awesome. But I'm glad they brought back the alien hologram devices, they're cool.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                                It was either John Mann or James Michalopolous.
                                Yeah I think it was Mann, they mention him by name in the Directors commentary..

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                                "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                                a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Working...
                                X