No announcement yet.

Abyss (606)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode was amazing! I love that Stargate doesn't shy away from showing the strong relationship between Jack and Daniel because I find that in a lot of tv shows and films, that you don't often see that emotional side of a friendship between two guys. It's great that they explore that because its really beautiful to see. Brought a tear to my eye

The gravity prison setup was very cool indeed as were the torture scenes, and the acting from RDA and Michael Shanks was excellent!

I know some people think it was wrong that Daniel didn't seem to help Jack, but I think he did. I saw Daniel's position as kinda being similar to Urgo. Urgo wasn't supposed to interact with SG1 or make them do anything they didn't want to, he was only allowed to suggest things or influence their thoughts. When Teal'c is in a state of Kelnoreem, he suddenly opens his eyes as though he's thought of an idea that could help O'Neill and something similar happens to Carter. Later, O'Neill says something to Daniel about him leaving, and he replies that he "had some things he had to do". I think that while he couldn't do anything physically to rescue Jack without breaking the ascension rules, he put ideas into Teal'c, Carter and Jonas' minds so that they could figure it out. When O'Neill says thankyou at the end it seemed to be directed at Daniel, so I think Jack knew that he had something to with his escape. At least that's the way I saw it
    "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
    S/J all the way!
    Big Honkin' Resolution!
    sigpic
    John/Teyla Shipper!
    SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

Yes it does, and later on at the beginning of the ep where they search for the Eye of ra, all of them are quick to believe jack when he says he was visited by daniel...

Comment

Great ep
        one of baals best episodes
        sigpic

Comment

Great episode, really made me finally say to hell with the Tokra. They may be paddling in the same direction, but they are *not* allies. They are every bit as arrogant as the Go'uld and simply look down on humans, makes it especially ironic that they are immediately angered if they sense any human's (real or imagined) distaste for the idea of blending a host and symbiote.

Comment

This ep really brought back the fear of being captured by a gouald. To be tortured to death in a most painful manner, only to be revived to do it again and again! Knowing that you have no chance of rescue. At the time nobody even knew where Jack was. It's the ultimate fate worse than death (fate worse than deaths?) It would be hard to resist telling Baal what he wants to know "Just let me die!"

Comment

At the time we didn't understand Daniel's lack of intervention, but later we learn:
              Spoiler:
              In Full Circle, Daniel tries to stop Anubis, but is stopped by the others, then decended as punishment. In Abyss, Daniel could not have actively interfered no matter how much he wanted to. The others would have countered any action he took. The most Daniel could get away with was appearing as a vision, if only to keep Jacks spirit up

Comment

Originally posted by First View Post
                This ep really brought back the fear of being captured by a gouald. To be tortured to death in a most painful manner, only to be revived to do it again and again! Knowing that you have no chance of rescue. At the time nobody even knew where Jack was. It's the ultimate fate worse than death (fate worse than deaths?) It would be hard to resist telling Baal what he wants to know "Just let me die!"
                Agreed. Though i wonder why it took so long for someone to get captured and tortured this baddly to show us it is a bad idea... Also anyone know what happened to that girl jack came back for?

Comment

I don't know if others noted, but one of the times Jack was being put in the gravity cell, The sensors which detect which way the gravity direction is going is not perfectly down, yet a few seconds later while talking to Daniel, it is corrected.
                  g
                  CNN is the modern day equivalent of Cold War Pravda
                  and Izvestia

Comment

The Tok'ra are up to it again, I can't believe that they didn't assist in the retrieval of O'Neill. I do wonder for how long Colonel O'Neill was conscious after the blending. He tells Baal that he didn't know what was going on, but then we establish that it was his character that forced Kanan to return to the planet. I think it would have been interesting to see if there was a relationship between Jack and Kanan.

Originally posted by Grotto View Post
                    I don't know if others noted, but one of the times Jack was being put in the gravity cell, The sensors which detect which way the gravity direction is going is not perfectly down, yet a few seconds later while talking to Daniel, it is corrected.
                    g
                    I did notice that, it was nothing more than a small prop error.
                    sigpic

Comment

Its beginning to annoys me how they seems to always leave the ending to our imagination

Whatever happened to all the action we use to see in earlier season about how they shoot their way back to the stargate. In this episode, all we know is the base was attacked, but we didn't even get to know the idea of how Jack could escape the base, and go back to the stargate, with all the guards moving about out there.

All throughout the show, I was really wondering how Jack would escape, what would he do. And the ending disappoints me, we didn't get to see any of that.

Comment

what is the music in this episode . . .. i just love it . . if anyone knows please can they tell me . . it goes like this . . . na . .na . . na na na . . . na na . . .na na na . . . na na . .na na . . . .does that help?

Comment

Originally posted by Shol'va16 View Post
                          what is the music in this episode . . .. i just love it . . if anyone knows please can they tell me . . it goes like this . . . na . .na . . na na na . . . na na . . .na na na . . . na na . .na na . . . .does that help?
                          Joel Goldsmith does the music in Star Gate. Maybe if you check his site?
                          Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

yeah, I was disapointed in the ending but they spent so much time on torturing Jack that they ran out of time to show the actual escape. It was a good episode, regardless.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                              yeah, I was disapointed in the ending but they spent so much time on torturing Jack that they ran out of time to show the actual escape. It was a good episode, regardless.
                              I, too, would have liked to see a bit more of the aftermath... I feel like this episode deserved a bit more recognition in the rest of the series. In fact, one of my only quams with SG-1 is that they will put out a super-intense episode, and then never really show too much resolution to that intensity, and then the next episode will be light and fluffy again... Actually, this one had a little bit more resolution with Daniel at the end telling Jack that he'd be ok. But, still, I would have liked to, I don't know... maybe see the reaction of SG-1 when Jack first made it back through the gate... or have a little bit of a reference to his recovery somewhere... but that just happens to be how I feel about it
                              I don't know how to make a fancy signature... so, I'll pull a McKay and think... I've got an idea! My signature: + = true love.... elegant in it's simplicity, yes?

Comment

I would have LOVED seeing him as a Tokra. Being an unwilling host and all that. Wonder how RDA would have handled acting the two different parts. God I would have loved to see that.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X