No announcement yet.

Abyss (606)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved this episode, still one of my favorites... I only wish they would have brought up jack having a symbiote in him more often.

I think after this episode, they only mention it like once, and that's it. It's like the whole episode never happened.

Comment

I would have loved to have seen one of them possessed by a Goa'uld for a few weeks or months. I would have loved to see the rest of the team 's determination to get that person back and the rehibilitation of the person who had been posessed, instead of just glossing over it next episode. Unfortunately, that didn't happen and never will since the SG-1 days are over save for another movie. And that is a plotline better served for an episodic show.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

my all time favorite sg-1 episode. Everything about it is perfect: the emotion, the visual (camera angles and gravity shift is superbly done), the tension, baa'l, etc...

every thing about it is perfect.

Comment

amazing episode,one of my favourites..especially the scenes with ball and oniell, and oniell and jackson.

Comment

This is SO weird.In the last episode I missed Daniel and Jack and now here they both are although Daniel still remained Ascended and didn't return.
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I loved everything about this episode. And I just knew I was going to love it in the first 60 seconds of watching it.

I loved the mysterious, brief glimpse of Goa-ulded Jack, the torture scenes were first rate, Ba-aal was awesome as a villain (Bocce, anyone? Hahaha!), the shipper in me loved that the girl Jack's Tok'ra fell in love with has a passing resemblance to Carter (though I know that predates his blending w/Jack, but still), and I like that it was suggested that it was Jack's human personality trait of never leaving a team member behind that actually rubbed off on Kanaan and that was what convinced him he had to go back (so . . . if he had never blended with Jack, he never would have bothered to go back for her???? Yeah, Tok'ra just lost respect in my eyes right there) The magneto-gravo cells were a cool idea and of course we got to see Daniel!!!

Does anyone out there know . . . ? I don't remember when this ep first aired, did they admit in the promos that MS was making a guest appearance? Or did they just spring it on people? I think the latter would have been better for the affect it would have on the audience. But the studio may not have been able to resist the sound byte in a promo. Anybody know where I can find the commercial for this ep?
              sigpic

Comment

MS presence was massively, massively promoted, iirc
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  MS presence was massively, massively promoted, iirc
                  Hmm . . . I don't remember that.
                  But, I believe you

I remember it was spoiled for me. I missed it the first time it aired and somebody told me he was in it, so I already knew I was going to see him when I did watch the ep (but I remember wondering if it was going to be a clip show and not "new" MS)

I'd still love to see the promo for this ep if anyone has it!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

I liked this ep a lot, especially that "we don't leave anybody behind" part.
                    However Jack's face looked extremely fat when he was pressed against that grid

no I'm not stalking you, polo
                    "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                    "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

when season 5 finished I was really dissapointed because Daniel died. I watched the beginning of season 6 only hoping that Daniel will come back somehow. After a few episodes I gave up because I just couldn't resist to see how Jonas was replacing Daniel. some time after that I saw a commercial for Abyss and there's was that scene when Daniel says "I leave and look at the mess you got yourself into" (or something like that) and I was like omg..he's back *dancing*
                      and so I waited for that episode and I was thrilled to see Daniel again. Of course after that I found out that he's coming back in season 7 so I continued watching season 6 (even though, as I said,I didn;t really like Jonas at the time) and with the arrival of season 7, my "appetite" for Stargate came back too
                      now..about "Abyss"..it seems to me that in this episode Daniel starts to accept that he's being replaced by Jonas (of course Jack takes care to tell Daniel that Joans is a smart guy.lol). I really liked the fact that Daniel came to save Jack's soul, even though Jack is not the kind of guy concerned about his after-life (and Daniel knew that).Their friendship reaches the highest level (from my point of view of course) and you can really see they care a lot about each other despite their little argues (which, in my oppinion, just make the friendship stronger)
                      And of course,I can't forget to mention the rest of the team which did everything they could (were even ready to sacrifice their lives) to reach Jack and save him.
                      For all this and for some many other reasons I really enjoyed Abyss

Comment

es: Stalk-O-Meter is BEEPING!!!

stargatelover: I think the quote is:
                        (Jack to Ascended Daniel)
                        "You know that Jonas, he's at least as smart as you!"

Yeah, made me laugh. Good stuff
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by polomare View Post
                          es: Stalk-O-Meter is BEEPING!!!

stargatelover: I think the quote is:
                          (Jack to Ascended Daniel)
                          "You know that Jonas, he's at least as smart as you!"

Yeah, made me laugh. Good stuff
                          yes that's the quote. gotta rewatch Abyss as soon as I can just to refresh my memory

Comment

A very good episode.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just rewatched this. The highlight of the episode IMHO was Ba'al's spine-chilling line to O'Neill, while torturing him:

"Death will only offer a temporary escape. I can revive you again and again…a thousand times if need be. Only once you have told me everything I ask, will you be allowed to die... One... last... time." (drops a knife into O'Neill)

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo View Post
                                I thought it was interesting how Jack could see her, and Daniel couldn't, and Daniel at the time was 'all powerful' and such, but maybe it was just in Jack's head or something.. Or maybe it was just simple, she left before Daniel could see her, haha..
                                Where the woman appears and says 'Is it you?' it is clearly O'Neill/Kanan's memories of what she said to him when he first returned. Obviously she had to ask 'Is it you?' because she didn't recognise the host. At the end of the ep we see her locked in a similar gravity cell, where we must assume she has spent the whole ep since being captured near the gate, so she couldn't possibly have visited him before. Ba'al wouldn't have trusted her to roam free.

Comment

Working...
                                X