No announcement yet.

Nightwalkers (605)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was the behind-the-scenes reason for RDA not participating in this episode??
    And why did Sam and Teal'c pick up any naquadah from the symbiotes around them?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
      What was the behind-the-scenes reason for RDA not participating in this episode??
      And why did Sam and Teal'c pick up any naquadah from the symbiotes around them?
      Time with his daughter
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Sam said they were too young. I missed that but I don't understand what difference that would make, or why Fleming, who knew about the antidote didn't inject himself insteead of mailing himself the product.

Comment

How did the symbiotes know what planet to go to? The ship wouldn't be able to hold everyone.would it?
          And why did eyes glow so fast and with O'Neill and the goa'uld of Hathor it didn't happen?

QUOTE=Dave2;13075671]Sam said they were too young. I missed that but I don't understand what difference that would make, or why Fleming, who knew about the antidote didn't inject himself insteead of mailing himself the product.[/QUOTE]

Comment

The problem with this, quite frankly, terrible episode is that it isn't a Stargate episode, it's an X-Files episode (or, these days, perhaps Fringe). And to make matters worse, it's a bad X-Files/Fringe episode. It's just boring, and I can't really see the point in its existence. It doesn't even have much humour.

It has good points, Amanda Tapping gets to shine as she takes lead of SG-1, Jonas shows his continued usefulness and Teal'c has obviously relaxed greatly into understanding the human way of life. O'Neill's presence isn't really missed, because the story has moved so far away from the familiar.

Nice atmosphere to the whole thing, but a big messy failure of an episode.
            RATING: 5 out of 10
            Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Sam said they were too young. I missed that but I don't understand what difference that would make, or why Fleming, who knew about the antidote didn't inject himself insteead of mailing himself the product.
              The symbiotes are too young to take complete control of their hosts, hence the reason they only are able to take control when the host is asleep. If Dr. Fleming had taken the antidote (and it's entirely possible that he did), the Goa'uld would have probably just killed him (as they did anyway).

How did the symbiotes know what planet to go to? The ship wouldn't be able to hold everyone.would it?
              And why did eyes glow so fast and with O'Neill and the goa'uld of Hathor it didn't happen?
              Goa'uld have genetic memories, they would know all the planets and addresses that their ancestor's knew. The ship looked large enough to hold the amount of people that we saw had been taken (50-ish?). The quick eye glowing thing was probably just because the writers wanted to move the story along faster this time.

Comment

Where did sufficient antidote come from to innoculate all the residents of the town, and why did the symbiotes think Samantha Carter could infiltrate the SGC when the symbiotes only awaken at night and the host is hardly functional during the day? They would never get away with that.

Comment

Wouldn't the symbiotes have genetic knowledge of the stargate, which would obviously get them to a goa'uld planet faster than in a spaceship??

Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
                  The symbiotes are too young to take complete control of their hosts, hence the reason they only are able to take control when the host is asleep. If Dr. Fleming had taken the antidote (and it's entirely possible that he did), the Goa'uld would have probably just killed him (as they did anyway).

Goa'uld have genetic memories, they would know all the planets and addresses that their ancestor's knew. The ship looked large enough to hold the amount of people that we saw had been taken (50-ish?). The quick eye glowing thing was probably just because the writers wanted to move the story along faster this time.

Comment

Where did sufficient antidote come from to innoculate all the residents of the town, and why did the symbiotes think Samantha Carter could infiltrate the SGC when the symbiotes only awaken at night and the host is hardly functional during the day? They would never get away with that.
                    I'm gonna go with Santa.
                    What do you think the answers are? It's not difficult t o work this stuff out.

Comment

I stuck a VHS into my Hall of Res machine.

1. Yes, this was very much SG1 does the X-Files.

2. Interesting Sam and Jonas exchanges.

3. Also interesting exchange between Teal'c and Jonas in the bar, rewatching, you forget that Jonas wasn't expecting to return home.

4. That line from the Goa'ulded-Sheriff still makes me smile. He sounded more like Teal'c had spilled his beer!

Same standard as the average X Files ep - decent enough way to burn an hour.
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Hated this episode. It's near the bottom of best episodes of Season 6. There's nothing more to say about this episode.

Monday, Daniel is back, as is Jack and our good friend Ba'al.
                        sigpic

Comment

The fish and chip shop seen on the street in the opening scene of this episode has a signed photo of SG-1 on its wall, it was where the restaurant scenes were filmed. Should go back for another visit and see if they have any photos of the 'Once Upon A Time' cast as that show is filmed in Steveston too. The fish & chips is pretty good too!

Anyway, I've always liked this episode, oddly for the reasons many dislike it. It was different and 'X-File' 'ish but still placed firmly in the Stargate universe. The idea of aliens taking over people, in this case Goa'uld symbiotes, in small North American towns is the mainstay of all those classic 'B' movies, and continues in the 'Body Snatchers' spirit, fall asleep and you're an alien! I guess that's why I liked it.

Comment

I don't know why everyone hates this episode. I frankly love it. Its a new take on the Goa'uld not to mention it shows how the show can be without RDA. Something I think is important given how from S6 on he has a diminished presence in the show. Maybe its because I come from a small town to that I found it so interesting. And no small towns aren't that quiet at night although I will admit they do get quiet. I like seeing SG1 acting more like NID agents then actual military personel. And plus I think it was a good mystery. Okay the syringe drug blocking the Goa'uld clones was a little contrived and predictable but still it was a fun mystery. On a side note Jonas continues to fascinate me with his absorbing of Earth culture. Teal'c was never a good example because he always stayed secluded from the Earth culture until the very later years but Jonas just dives in and I liked his perspective in this episode
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                              One thing that puzzles me here - when Sam signs for the package that arrives at Dr Flemming's house, would she sign her real name for this, or would she use a fake one?
                              I thought of that too. Sam Flemming, maybe? So that anyone checking it would think she was just a relative also living there and not think it weird that someone with a different last name was signing for Flemming's package.

My LiveJournal post
                              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I normally am not a big fan of earth based episodes as much as going to different planets, but this one worked for me. We got to see aspects of each of the characters and we did have a goa'uld story. It was teamy even without Jack.

Comment

Working...
                                X