• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two aliens, one human investigate
    Love this episode, it was like i watch an XFiles epi
    and the Bar scene i was LOL
    Jones is fantastic!

Comment

I liked the episode. Noticed no Jack at all. Guess this was the beginning of RDA taking time off.

The drawing of the ship being built looked sort of Asgard-ish. But what they showed behind the door did not look to me, much like the drawing.

Comment

I like this one as well - its one I watch frequently. I like how they are all dressed - SO slick kinda like a toned-down matrix feel. Sam in that long black coat, the boots and the shades. And Jonas and his American food - LOL.

I miss Jonas - I found his optimistic attitude refreshing. He's Way smart and Way intuitive and just adorable all around. Glad he got to shine a bit in this one.
        If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
        proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
        Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

I love reading all the opinions on these episodes. Nightwalkers was most definitely, NOT, one of my favorites. It reminded me of the X-Files, with AT as Agent Scully. Great leather, but the plot left a lot to be desired. I kept waiting for David Duchovny to rush in, claiming his sister was one of the townspeople.
          On fighting:
          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
            I love reading all the opinions on these episodes. Nightwalkers was most definitely, NOT, one of my favorites. It reminded me of the X-Files, with AT as Agent Scully. Great leather, but the plot left a lot to be desired. I kept waiting for David Duchovny to rush in, claiming his sister was one of the townspeople.
            LOL, true, I didn't mind that it was an 'homage' ep

but Teal'c's symbiote could have gotten into Dochovny and THEN he could run in saying his sister was one of the townspeople

Duchovny with glowing eyes and a flangy voice...now THERE's a visual...
            If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
            proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
            Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

To be honest, I thought this was the second weakest episode of the season. The story seemed very X-Files and somewhat......predictable. Of course that's my opinion.
              This is pretty much where I am with this one, overall. It was pretty cliched, right out of Dawn of the Dead and The Bodysnatchers.

For all that though, there are a lot of elements in it that I like. I do enjoy seeing Sam in command of a small, covert team, being resourceful and brave. And I like the interaction between the three of them throughout. There are some cute, humourous beats in there, too. I can't say that my lukewarm response to it has anything to do with it being Jackless either. I thought, as an episode generally, it worked pretty well without him.

When I watch it, I enjoy a lot of it. It's just not an episode that's high on my favourites list or one that I think about revisiting often.

Albion
              Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                I like this one as well - its one I watch frequently. I like how they are all dressed - SO slick kinda like a toned-down matrix feel. Sam in that long black coat, the boots and the shades. And Jonas and his American food - LOL.

I miss Jonas - I found his optimistic attitude refreshing. He's Way smart and Way intuitive and just adorable all around. Glad he got to shine a bit in this one.
                I liked it too.

I wouldn't want this kind of ep all the time but that goes for most of what I see on SG-1. But it's part of the whole picture...a wide variety of styles and stories to be told.

I love Ba'al and the Tok'ra and Felger, but I wouldn't want them in every episode.

Plus I like the line "You guys aren't nearly as smart as you think you are."

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Good stop gap between Frozen and Abyss other than that pretty dull from my POV

Comment

I quite enjoyed it, I think if you compare each episode to other types of shows then it doesn't look right but I like to see the team in different settings. The only b it that was a bit odd was sam getting a phonecall in the middle of the night by a stranger!
                    It waas good to see sam in charge and see hw she did things differently.And teal'c and jonas were hilarious together.
                    There were a couple of twists in the story as well, like I wasn't expecting the NID to be there and then the NID was being infiltrated. I'll admit it wasn't a part of the main story arc but I enjoyed it all the same.

Comment

What??????? Is it just me or did they just not show Jack at all or the base (hardly or at all....can't remember)

Comment

Originally posted by walter_MacChevron
                        What??????? Is it just me or did they just not show Jack at all or the base (hardly or at all....can't remember)
                        Jack was offworld being healed by his Tok'ra symbiote, thus covering a nice big hole in RDA's shooting schedule.
                        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

boring don't really like this epsiode no real good parts
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I love this ep. It's like a comfort food ep. The team interactions are fab and Carter's in charge and wearing leather.

CARTER: Why are you following us?
                            MAN: I don't know what you're talking about.
                            CARTER: Teal'c.
                            Teal'c pulls up harder on the man's shirt.

I get an evil thrill from that beat.

Teal'c says one of my favourite lines of the entire series: "Our attempts to gather information from the local townfolk proved equally fruitless." Townfolk?! BWAH!

I also really liked Jonas. He and Carter -- or perhaps Nemec & Tapping -- had a great vibe.

CARTER: You didn't say anything weird, did you?
                            JONAS: Why are you looking at me?

It kills me that Carter would call someone on her team 'weird'. Classic.

Comment

Sorry, but this episode was never a favorite of mine. It just felt like Stargate goes X-Files. I loved the X-Files, but NOT with SG1. Just my feeling.....
                              On fighting:
                              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I wouldn't say it was one of the best eps of the season, but I liked the oddballness of it and I agree with DEM, it's kind of a comfort food ep. The circumstances and dialogue were great, IMO, and it's one of the few times that RDA's absense felt completely natural. I honestly never even noticed him missing from the ep. I was having too much fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X