No announcement yet.

Descent (603)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The character play in this episode was awesome. And ninja jaffa whatever next power ranger jaffa?
    The one bit that really grates on me is when they go onboard and see that the ship was abandoned and whatever made the jaffa abandon the ship was more than likely still there. So they look at the blast doors with scorch marks all over it notice theres no air in that compartment and then proceed to blow up the door and wonder in! My first thought was I wonder what was nasty enough to make them abandon ship! And then shock and surprise when the scientist dies!
    Apart from that the whole episode was full of setbacks and things not going well for the team..I loved it! Jonas and his photographic memory were useful and him and teal'c were funny together.
    They did mention a tidal wave before landing but didn't seem too concerned after they landed, I presume it was far away from land!

Comment

A pretty good episode....I think this was the first time Jonas could prve he could really help the team (but I did notice that they did not show the ship crashing underwater or underwater to cut back on CGI costs.....they did that pretty good IMHO)

Comment

This has to be one of my favorite episodes of S6. I loved Jonas in this episode with the whole "my first time thing". I would be like that if I ever got the chance. It's also nice to see it takes some effort to gain O'Neills respect and I loved the underwater sequences in this episode.

Yay for seeing DeLuise.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I loved Descent, it had action/adventure/ship/Jonas Loved it ALL!!

Comment

This episode was great! I loved the space scenes,
            the battle scene, and the character interactions.

One cool moment was when Jonas activated the rings...
            while he was underwater, meaning that he took the water
            with him. A great special effect!

Plus, the Death glider scene was cool. I never knew that
            those things could fly underwater.
            sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode i only recently been watching season 6 again.

Comment

Very enjoyable episode!

I'm glad Jonas was able to do something to earn the respect of the team, especially O'Neill. The line at the end when Jack says that all of sg-1 are accounted for or something like that, was good to hear cause I really like Jonas and its nice to know he's gained acceptance from O'Neill, albeit reluctantly

Also love all the water scenes, they were very cool indeed. When Carter and O'Neill resurfaced from the water, "Tell him I take back everything I was thinking while I was underwater" and as a lot of other people have said, Teal'c and Jonas' "Alien conspiracy" conversation was hilarious

Very cool ep
                "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
                S/J all the way!
                Big Honkin' Resolution!
                sigpic
                John/Teyla Shipper!
                SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

That it was...
                  Though it is a pity, yet again we get a Hatak, only to get it blown up...

Comment

Descent was an awesome episode Goa'uld mother ship, ninja Jaffa, the saving of Thor's consciousness. Not to mention Jonas's first time in space, on a Ha'tak, under the ocean, and in a Death Glider. I loved the whole disposable Friesan character that they kill off within 10 minutes of the beginning of the episode. It was also hilarious to see Peter DeLuise as Lt. Dagwood, his cameos are always fun to watch for.
                    sigpic

Comment

I thought that this episode was cool. It had good suspense and I'm glad Jonas did some good stuff.
                      Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

anyone else wonder why the Jaffa didn't just crash the ship into the ground instead of the ocean? if they had no only they would've killed SG-1 once and for all but also alot of people b/c of the massive explosion (like in s5ep1 Enemies).

this isn't a "i hate SG-1" post (b/c i don't), it's just an honest question. would u crash the ship into the ocean and have your enemies probably survive or the ground killing your enemies?

Comment

ninja jaffas. transporter rings underwarter. jack losing another mothership. i've only seen this episode once so i can't recall much about it. but i thought the ship crashed because of an accident?

Comment

I love this episode! I watched it the first time on tv and wasn't at all thrilled about it... they had just killed off Daniel (I still didn't get the whole Ascension thingy...) and I did not like Jonas (poor ,)... But - I think it was last week - when I finally bought the dvds of s6 and watched the whole season again that I started to enjoy the character (knowning Danny would be back )... and I adore this eps for oh-so many reasons: Jack doesn't get to keep the ship (poor !), Peter DeLuise was in the ep, Jacob worrying bout Sam when she's drowning a wet Jack () and I could go on forever!

Great ep!

P.s.: I'm sorry for all those smilies...but I just could.t help myself!!!
                            sigs by Rachel-Kree, josiane and finally me too!
                            Thank you!

"The true nature of a man is decided in the battle between his conscious mind and the desires of his subconscious." - Shifu, Absolute Power
                            Videos:
                            YouTube/Imeem
                            Stargate SG.1, Sam and Jack, Sanctuary...

Comment

Good episode

I was somewhat disappointed though they did not create some CGI that show the ship crashing into the ocean in one piece. I was almost caught by surprise when one moment they are facing earth, and the next they are flooded by sea water. Of course I was caught off guard, probably wasn't paying attention when they talk about the ship already in the ocean and hammond was talking about the asteroid thing

Other than that, its great. Nice to see Thor will be saved, I like that Asgard alien

Comment

ANOTHER mothership they have and it's lost again haha just their luck

Comment

Working...
                                X