No announcement yet.

Descent (603)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yu the Great is of Chinese extraction. Most of the ninja way of life comes from Japan.

DeLuise was Lt. Dagwood, on the sub. (if that's who blue jumpsuit guy was)
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Makes sense that Anubis would have an alternate-methodology Jaffa force, since he's really all about pushing for change instead of using the same-old, same-old. (Except for the arrogance thing, but when has a System Lord ever NOT been arrogant?) Too bad this was really the only time we saw them in action, though.

Also, Jonas stayed underwater so long because Corin Nemec used to be a lifeguard and expert swimmer. Great buildup to one of the coolest ring transports ever -- *splash!*

Comment

Originally posted by Yu Huang Shang Ti
        Makes sense that Anubis would have an alternate-methodology Jaffa force, since he's really all about pushing for change instead of using the same-old, same-old. (Except for the arrogance thing, but when has a System Lord ever NOT been arrogant?) Too bad this was really the only time we saw them in action, though.

Also, Jonas stayed underwater so long because Corin Nemec used to be a lifeguard and expert swimmer. Great buildup to one of the coolest ring transports ever -- *splash!*

I think we needed to see more of Anubis's seperate style from everyone else. He still had a few Jeffa that were wearing the crappy metal suit!
        __

__

Comment

Teal's was the only smart one on SG-1 in the episode. He was the only one of the team that didn't get wet.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
            Teal's was the only smart one on SG-1 in the episode. He was the only one of the team that didn't get wet.
            lol, ya cuz he stayed with jacob pretty much the whole episode due to the staff blast injury if im correct

"The Battle to defeat Sin will be hard, prepare yourselves"

Comment

Originally posted by Baal_Lord
              lol, ya cuz he stayed with jacob pretty much the whole episode due to the staff blast injury if im correct
              Major Davis was with Jacob durning the episode. Teal's and Jonas was together most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
                Colin Cunningham has a diary about the filming of that episode on his fan site.
                Ah, two months belated thanks for the link.

Originally posted by Colin's Journal
                I have one scene to shoot today. And I have one line. "What's our status?" So, we're ready to shoot the scene, I hear my que, walk in and say, "How's are status?" DeLuise tells me that he can hire a coach to work with me in my trailer if I'd like.
                That was priceless =)
                Fitness Buddies

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                  I am wondering how long Jonas had to hold his breath underwater to get the force fields to the glider bay online. It had to be quite a few minutes, especially when he had to swim to the rings.
                  Corin has a fantastic lung capacity, and I'm sure I read somewhere that he used to be a lifeguard. That was how he was able to do such long shots underwater.

Very good episode, although not one to watch if you have a fear of drowning!
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm rather fond of this section...

"We complete the first blocking of the day. The scene is a quick one in which Carter and Maj. Davis come down a corridor and come upon a door that will not open. My line is "What's the problem?" Which is kind of funny, cause it's pretty obvious that the problem is that the door won't open. Ahh. Show business."

Comment

i really liked this ep - the funiest part was when Jack stopped Jonas from grinning about being in a death glider

hee hee

but si-fi wise it was pretty good the idea of Thor being stuck in the ships computer was really good, and unexpected

the ship flooding was a nice twist as well

Comment

I'm still going ... Jaffa ninjas?

Comment

Just finished watching this epsiode again. I had to lol at the end, at Jonas' face, when Jack did a 360 in the death glider.

Comment

lol... yeah...

btw, just had to say:

DESCENT IS THE GREATEST SG1 EPISODE EVER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                              Didn't he quit after season 6? It would be good to bring him back.
                              SPOILERS 'HEROES PART II'; 'LOST CITY PART II'; 'AFFINITY'

See what happens? Davis leaves:
                              a. We lose Janet (I make no apologies, that sucked)
                              b. Nuby attacks Earth (okay, so he failed, but only just)
                              c. Hammond gets deposed (if only briefly)
                              d. Sam gets engaged (and to the wrong guy, in my never-humble opinion)

Clearly, we need Davis back!

Comment

This one was great! Jonas has lots of potential as a character, is this really the guy from Parker Lewis Can't Loose? I really like this guy he does a great job filling the void left by Jackson. His escape from the water was clever. The effect of the water in the rings was really really good.
                                Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.

Comment

Working...
                                X