No announcement yet.

The Warrior (518)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An average episode, but still kind of exciting.

That fight scene was awesome.

Tomorrow, the Replicators are back, and their creator is found.
    sigpic

Comment

Quite a clever idea, a Goa'uld using the Jaffa's wishes for freedom to get them to follow him and satisfy his need for power over others. I never saw this coming the first time I watched this episode, it was a surprise.

Jack's suspicious nature serves him well here but he can't overcome the blind belief the Jaffa have for the charismatic Katano. The tension between him and Katano was well played, Jack pushing him to get the response he knew was coming, the "I tire of this" was very Goa'uld like. You could see how torn Bra'tak was since he evidently respected Jack's warrior instincts.

Clever of Yu to send Teal'c back to make sure he would kill Imhotep and then followed up with a view to killing him and all the rebel Jaffa by attacking their base. Still, he sort of gave them a chance, I wonder if he felt this was in his interest to spare the rebellious Jaffa as they and the Tau'ri would be another thing to keep the new Goa'uld he learned of in 'Summit' busy and help him in an indirect way.

Comment

No idea what you was up to then, he'd have certainly been better off keeping Teal'c prisoner untill after the mothership attacked then releasing him - as you say unless he wants the rebel Jaffa to keep Anubis busy.
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

My liveJournal post
          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Another good ep.

Hate it how easily Teal'c chooses the Jaffa over SG-1. Although understandable.

Knew something was up with K'tano the first time I saw this. Awesome fight between him and Teal'c.
            sigpic

Comment

Ah this episode is the start of the Jaffa Rebellion. I think its prudent to mention the comparassion of a staff weapon to a P90. I always just love seeing that because it tries to point out more high tech does not always mean that the technology is better. As for the episode itself it was kind of predictable something was up with Kytano but I was surprised Kytano was a Goa'uld. That was a strange turn of events The special form of martial arts that was invented for this episode was fun to see just because it was something totally random and alien in nature. But it seems like Teal'c is always changing sides and leaving SG1. Its almost as big of a joke as Daniel dying. Despite that I like because it sets the foundation for many other episodes
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I don't think Teal'c is changing sides; it's that his side (the Jaffa) is not the same as Stargate Command's (Earth).

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by djtech1982 View Post
                  It was probably just me, but I felt the SG team to be a little arrogant. They kept saying, "We do things differently..." or "In our culture..." It seemed they did not really respect the Jaffa culture... they basically wanted to convert them to the human way of life. O'Neill complains that Katano assassinates one Gouald after another and absorbs their armies, but he himself has killed system lords. So, the difference is what...???

Anyways, I get the point of the episode, but I just wanted to point out that the SG team can be just as arrogant as Katano was.
                  I was rewatching this yesterday and was again reminded of that. I often noticed that about the SG teams, that it was "their" way that was right, and other cultures were backwards by comparison. I noticed it in quite a few episodes. It was one of the the things that irritated me about them. In this case Jack may have been right about Kytano, but I wished he could have found a way to express respect for the things that were part of their culture and recognize that people are different and one way is not better than the other.

Yet at the same time this is what I appreciated about the show. They were human and were flawed and the show was not scared to show that they could be bigoted and wrong, and it could be pointed out. There would be times when they would walk away and keep the same attitude and others when they would realize they were wrong and needed a change in attitude.

One thing I was unsure of was the scene where Kytano walks up to the Jaffa on the planet where they take SG-1 to capture some weapons. The scene where he tells them they can be free and blah blah blah. Was that scene a set up by Kytano to sway Teal'c, Bratac and the sg team to believe in him? Or was he just fortunate to not be shot? The scene was never really clear to me or I could just be reading to much into it.

Comment

One of my favourite Sam moments so far, in this episode, demonstrating the P90. And I enjoyed the scene with Daniel, Jack & Sam around the campfire, just coz it's nice to see them hanging out & bedding down during a mission, like they probably always do, but we rarely see.
                    Interesting episode, nice one CJ.

Comment

Another average rating from me again, because most of us knew K'tano was the bad guy, right from the start ...

Comment

I've always been really confused by Yu's involvement with K'tano.

Was K'tano conspiring with Yu to gather all the rebel Jaffa in one place in order to wipe them out and then Yu decided to betray him? Or was he conspiring (against Yu) with Anubis and the other System Lords and Yu's spies found out about it and launched his attack on Cel Mah in retaliation?
                        Eugene V. Debs (1855-1926)

I have no country to fight for. My country is the Earth. I am a citizen of the world.

When great changes occur in history, when great principles are involved, as a rule the majority are wrong.

Comment

Fundamentalism at its finest.
                          You blow yourself up for the cause, and your soul will go to Kheb.

Imhotep is rather smart man, pretending to be a Jaffa who wants freedom from the Goa'uld. Sneaky little guy, but smart... very smart.

Carter showing off the P-90 -- love that scene!

And the coolest fight scene ever when Katano & Teal'c are fighting their battle to the death. Sweet slow-mo!
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Thought Jack was arrogant in this. Sure he turns out to be right but that doesn't make up for our ways are better than your ways because I say so attitude. I like the episode but it was way to predictable. Might as well have the guy wear a big sign saying he is the bad guy. With that said I really like the actor that played the bad guy. He also plays the head vampire on supernatural.

Comment

Staff weapons were powerful, deadly weapons when the series began. This episode is where they reach their nadir. (Sure, they still kill when a death suits the writers' needs, but mostly they're no longer scary at all.)

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                                Staff weapons were powerful, deadly weapons when the series began. This episode is where they reach their nadir. (Sure, they still kill when a death suits the writers' needs, but mostly they're no longer scary at all.)
                                The writers' get bored with villains and their weapons, so they make them easier to defeat, which means they have to introduce new villains that are more difficult to defeat (replicators). Then they get bored with those, make them easier to defeat, and move on to the next villain (Ori). In the process, the villains get less and less believable.

Heaven forfend they actually keep the villains strong and deal with the constant tug of war we have in real life.

Seaboe
                                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Working...
                                X