• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode.
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter
    sigpic

Comment

Nice to see Hailey's attitude transformed after discovering what's possible.

Comment

Glad to see others enjoyed this episode. I thought it would lose its punch when it was explicitly revealed to be a simulation, but I was proven wrong and duped by Hailey, which was great. It was also nice to see her again; I couldn't remember when she came back and expected her much later for some reason.

It's also just fun seeing other SG teams and actually getting to know their members.

And then something like Last Stand happens, and I remember that everyone barring SG-1 is expendable...
        rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Entertaining, especially O'Neill's evaluation of the cadets while talking to Carter - although he sounds arrogant. But maybe he is only fed with baby-sitting.
          CARPE DIEM
          ANJA

Comment

Even though it was very apparent that it was a simulation from the point when O'Neil was on the phone near the beginning, this was actually a very fun episode to watch. It was a nice break from all the serious topics recently, and proof how versatile the format of the show can be. And of course it was really nice to see Hailey finally make it into the Stargate project. It was too bad that the cadets weren't all assigned to the same team though.

Comment

Originally posted by Science View Post
              It was too bad that the cadets weren't all assigned to the same team though.
              You don't make a team like this out of entirely inexperienced members, unless you have no choice. Even when everyone was inexperienced at going through the Stargate, all the teams were composed of at least two experienced members of the military.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Grace Park was great in this, especially in such a "nothing" role. I don't think we see her character again do we?

Comment

No, we don't see her again in SG, like so many other characters. But if you like Grace Park, she appeared in an other Scifi series.

Comment

Wouldn't be because she went on to be a regular in Battlestar Galactica?
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by AlmostAntique View Post
                      No, we don't see her again in SG, like so many other characters. But if you like Grace Park, she appeared in an other Scifi series.
                      Yes, that's why I like her, hah

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Wouldn't be because she went on to be a regular in Battlestar Galactica?
                        Unlikely since BSG didn't start until S8 of SG1
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Unlikely since BSG didn't start until S8 of SG1
                          True - it took a couple of years, before BSG started ...

Comment

Did a rewatch of this ep (and the later one) that had the character "Groden" in and i was always amazed at how much like a Young Cameron Mitchell the actor looked

Comment

I am not a big fan of either Hailey or Elliot in this episode, so I rate this a fair.

I did like the conversation with Jack and Sam over Jell-O, and the conversation with Teal'c and Daniel in the office.

Comment

Proving Ground is like the episode that has to be made in order to save money for something bigger and more intricate. However, the idea of new SGC recruits being put through rigorous testing in order to check whether they would make fine new team members is a plausible concept.

They certainly picked four interesting characters to do it with, and it was nice to see Hailey again. It's good to know she pushed on through after her little adventure with SG-1 and the glowy bugs. Grogan is the village idiot who's clearly after Daniel's record for dying or getting shot at. Satterfield has a thing with languages and a thing for Daniel Jackson. She too would make an excellent contribution to a team -- though perhaps a cultural, diplomatic team rather than a combat team.

Daniel and Teal'c clearly had fun in the General's office, and well... Carter nearly got to shoot Jack to make a point. Her reaction when Elliot does is funny -- Oops! Sold it!

It's an okay episode, I guess, but it doesn't make me all excited or whatever.
                                It's certainly not bad.

How would you rate SG-1's "Proving Ground?"

Excellent
                                Good
                                Fair
                                Poor
                                Terrible

*****EDIT*****

3-episode quiz: Desperate Measures, Wormhole X-Treme & Proving Ground

Jigsaw puzzle: Proving Ground
                                Last edited by Falcon Horus; 11 July 2018, 08:18 AM.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X