No announcement yet.

Between Two Fires (509)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess everyone has to die sometime. Not everyone can live forever, not even the Tollan. Besides, the Gou'ald knew all their technology secrets so they could be beaten
    __

__

Comment

Yu has been alive for a while, but he may die soon
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
        We would have though to use those phase-shifter misiles against Tanith.
        Erm... Weren't those destroyed before Tanith's attack?
        The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
          Bah! My point is if they were so advanced why did they die??? They may have some nice toys but their not as an advanced culture as us. We would have though to use those phase-shifter misiles against Tanith.
          Aside from the fact that if the ion cannons didn't work on Tanith's shields, there's a good chance that the phase technology wouldn't either, there was no indication they were missiles; just warheads designed to phase through the iris.

If Anubis hadn't still been in his 'strike from behind the scenes like a mysterious shadow in the background of Scooby Doo' phase, Tanith would have dropped into orbit around Earth and played plasma darts across continental land masses.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

If someone could put of a net to scramble the phase-shifting devices frequence, then it wouldn't be any good.

Just out of curisosity, what makes you think that we would be able to produce these on our own accord? Sam didn't even know where to begin with an ion cannon. Its too advanced for us even to reverse-engineer.
            Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
            Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
            Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
            Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
            Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
            Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
            Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
              If someone could put of a net to scramble the phase-shifting devices frequence, then it wouldn't be any good.

Just out of curisosity, what makes you think that we would be able to produce these on our own accord? Sam didn't even know where to begin with an ion cannon. Its too advanced for us even to reverse-engineer.
              Huh? I just said if we were in Tollans position with their tech level and resources we would have used the phase shift missles. I wasn't trying ot cliam we could make them ourslefs at our current level.

Anubis:
              I guess everyone has to die sometime. Not everyone can live forever, not even the Tollan. Besides, the Gou'ald knew all their technology secrets so they could be beaten
              If the goa'ul actually knew all their tech secrets, why bother tring to force the Tollans to make the missles?? why not make it yourself hyperspace or gae to a random world and sent it to earth from there, then the asgard would never know who sent it.
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

Perhaps you are correct. Unless Tanith didn't want himself to build it or perhaps it would take longer if the Gou'ald tried to build it so they might aswell just let the Tollan finish their dirty work
                __

__

Comment

Yah, i was wondering why Tanith did that, but i do agree that it may have tooken longer for the goa'uld to build missiles, but im' unsure why though..
                  Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

The Goa'uld didn't have the secrets of phase-shifting, but they did have the technology to resist the ion cannons and thus to pound the living snot out of Tollana from space. It was established in Pretense that without the cannons the world was vulnerable.

As for using the phase-bombs against Tanith, I feel my points stand:

1) Bombs, not missiles. Building a launch facility risks Tanith seeing and then blasting first the facility and then a busy kindergarten to rubble.

2) Does phase-shifting work against shields? We don't know.

3) Does phase-shifting work against Tanith's enhanced shields? The Tollan don't know, and once again if they gamble and lose its asta la vista Mrs Gribbley and class.

Comment

Maybe Tanith had normal shields but threatened to destroy the planet if they did not cooperate
                      __

__

Comment

Well, we know he had funked-up shields; that's why he couldn't be ion cannoned.

Comment

Just watched that episode on DVD. The Tollan are one of my favourite races and I'm a little erked that they may be offed. As some have said, sure they were arrogant but they won't learn anything if they're all wiped out.
                          I've thought about it a couple of times and it could be feasible for some to have survived;
                          a) They had ships. Yes they were getting shot down but perhaps there were others out doing a little exploring, who knows.
                          b) Underground facilities plus their phase shift tech, just go subterranean for a bit .

I also watched closely to see if anything was brought back [esp one of them phaseshift devices ] but looks like nothing was so, as far as I know the SGC have two tollan devices;
                          Long range comm device
                          That mini-hologram message device
                          I don't imagine they'll be figured out anytime soon though.
                          Hey, if you'd been listening, you'd know that Nintendo's pass through everything.

Comment

Poor Narim in his grey Tollan clothes . He just couldn't believe it was happening. He kept saying "It would be a violation of our highest law".Even in fiction, the people in power get 'shiesty' and the people not in power pay the price. Narim was forced to do what he did because the curia was hiding the truth from the people. You can't trust the establishment, even on Stargate. What a world. I'm guessing since they have the Narim actor playing another part on Atlantis, the Tollan won't be back. At least not the cute one.

Comment

There goes another powerful ally.

Comment

What am I saying they wouldn't help us.. burn baby burn.

Comment

Working...
                                X