Between Two Fires (509)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cat = Schrodinger....

Yeah, I was upset that kitty probably "bought it" along with the rest of the Tollan race...

Deeds xx
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
      Cat = Schrodinger....

Yeah, I was upset that kitty probably "bought it" along with the rest of the Tollan race...

Deeds xx
      Cats have nine lives, I'm sure it survived! Again, being Shrodinger's cat, according to his theory, it's alive and dead at the same time isn't it?

Comment

A short story about one of the Tollan survivors: here.

(It's in two comments in CMWriter's Stargate Blog -- see this thread).

Comment

This was a good episode, but kind of sad that the Tollan were attacked and maybe wiped out. That makes me mad because they were one of the original 4 races against the Goa'uld. I think they're downfall was two-fold: one their over confidence, and two was that they were mostly defensive, and did not covertly engage the goauld when they should have. If they did, they would have known ahead of time about the new shields and could have prevented the attack.
          Of course, we see the surprising return of Tannis (did I spell that right?) who we thought was dead. Somehow he apparently managed to escape an exploding sun in an escape pod?? That's a good trick. I didn't think escape pods had hyperdrive. Oh well, whatever.
          At least the phase bombs were dystroyed. That would have been the end of the SGC if they had sent one through the iris. Score another one for SG1. Too bad we couldn't help the Tollan. I'm surprised the Nox didn't step in this time and save them. Aren't they supposed to be Tollan allies? Afterall, they are one of the 4 original races as well (Tollan, Asgard, Nox and Furlings)
          Will we see the Tollan again? I hope so. We do see the actor who played Norem (spelling?) later in SG-Atlantis as Dr. Weir's boyfriend, which was kind of weird, but that's ok.
          Anyway, hope they weren't totally wiped out.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate_Builder View Post
            That makes me mad because they [the Tollan] were one of the original 4 races against the Goa'uld.
            Where did you get that? I was under the impression the four races were Nox, Furling, Asgard and Ancient.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
              Where did you get that? I was under the impression the four races were Nox, Furling, Asgard and Ancient.

Seaboe
              Oops! You are correct. I just checked, Season 2, Episode 15 "The Fifth Race" Sorry about that!
              sigpic

Comment

huge flaws in this episode 35mins in tanith says if they find tel'c to send him up to the ship question:if they were able to send up some thing to the ship y not send one of there newly built bombs? destroy the ship from inside

another thing they could of done is :they could of only sent tel'c to distract them at the bombs while narim destroyed the facilty then send oneil back to the sgc to call the asgard and tell them whts goin on then the asgard would surely come to the tollans rescue as they are freinds of the noks

TBH: i realy don't think this episode made sence there no way the tollan could be killed so easy

Comment

Perhaps they were being jammed from sending people elsewhere? Also iirc were not those ships the ones which already 'smited' the asgard ships?

Comment

Originally posted by jordan12 View Post
                    huge flaws in this episode 35mins in tanith says if they find tel'c to send him up to the ship question:if they were able to send up some thing to the ship y not send one of there newly built bombs? destroy the ship from inside

another thing they could of done is :they could of only sent tel'c to distract them at the bombs while narim destroyed the facilty then send oneil back to the sgc to call the asgard and tell them whts goin on then the asgard would surely come to the tollans rescue as they are freinds of the noks

TBH: i realy don't think this episode made sence there no way the tollan could be killed so easy
                    That's not a huge flaw. Those phase weapons can only pass through solid matter, so they cannot pass through shields. Could they ring a bomb up? Sure, but they knew Tanith was working for a more power Goa'uld who would just send more ships.

The Asgard cannot just come and save everyone on a whim. For one, the Tollan are not under the protection of the Asgard. That's why the Goa'uld have no problem firing on them or threatening them. It is also why they wanted the Tollan to do their dirty work and eliminate the Tau'ri. The Asgard like to stick to the letter of the treaty as we saw just a few episodes earlier in Red Sky.

As for the Tollan, it is impossible to say if all were destroyed or if some were able to get off through the Gate System. They were never revisited, so it is fair to assume that all were killed. But it is also possible some, including Narim, escaped to a new world and buried the Gate.

Comment

But if they took out Tannith's ship, with one of those bombs, and timed it to detonate as soon as it showed up, how would the overlord of Tannith have found out? Also while YES anubis would have shown up again in more force, that would have at least given both the Tollan and us some time to do something about it..

Comment

20-20 hindsight, Garhkal.

You're asking why they didn't write a different script. The answer can only be: because they didn't.

Seaboe
                        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

True hindsight is always 20=20..

Comment

Sad to see the Tolan go.
                            RIP Don S. Davis 1942-2008

Comment

Not for most of them.. Some yes.. like Norin.

Comment

I feel sorry for the Tollans, this episode was very good

Comment

Working...
                                X