No announcement yet.

Between Two Fires (509)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So just like that the Tollan are gone? Wow...
    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
      Anubis
      doesn't mess around!
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

am i reading the episode summary incorrectly, or did sg-1 spur the destruction of the tollans?
        R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Yeah. Or rather, the Tollan chose to allow the Goa'uld to destroy them rather than Earth or any number of Asgard-protected worlds.

Great ep, too bad it's the end of the Tollans.
          sigpic

Comment

I just watch this episode again, and I really like the subtle build up to the new goa'uld Anubis as a mysterious goa'uld with an apparent technological advantage over other goa'uld, but is still yet to be powerful enough to face the Asgards.

Sad to see the Tollan being wipe out though. I really wish they took Narim along with them

Comment

I agree. Narim was so kind to SG-1, and he really loved Sam. Too bad Narim and Major Carter never had a relationship.
              "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
              "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

Maybe the writers could have figured out a way for the Tollans to survive even after the attack and the destruction of their stargate. Why the hell should a scum like Tanith have a second life but the essentially nice folks of Tollan shouldn't??

Besides, I seem to remember that there were Tollans on other colony planets - unless they all returned to Tollana. But if they didn't they have no way of getting there unless Tollana has another stargate, which would be unlikely because they were looking for a planet with a stargate and were lucky to find the one they found.

By the way, how did the Tollan build up their complex of buildings and fancy toys so fast?? The architecture is really good.

And speaking of Tanith, didn't we leave him all alone on the planet after all the Tok'ra departed? How did he get into an escape pod of Apophis and where did he go with it? How far can you travel in an escape pod anyway?? Or was the new powerful goa'uld just waiting in the wings to sweep Tanith off into the goa'uld sunset??

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
                I just watch this episode again, and I really like the subtle build up to the new goa'uld Anubis as a mysterious goa'uld with an apparent technological advantage over other goa'uld, but is still yet to be powerful enough to face the Asgards.

Sad to see the Tollan being wipe out though. I really wish they took Narim along with them
                Last edited by Dave2; 30 November 2011, 02:50 PM.

Comment

If the goa'uld couldn't destroy earth because of the Asgard treaty, how could they get away with attacking the Tollans who were also part of the treaty?

Comment

Anubis has no part of any treaties.
                    Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

It would have been interesting to SGC make peace with other goa'uld and an alliance against Anubis.
                      But since goa'uld always need hosts it would never last.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
                        It would have been interesting to SGC make peace with other goa'uld and an alliance against Anubis. But since goa'uld always need hosts it would never last.
                        They do
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Can't remember when exactly I first caught this ep, certainly out of sequence, possibly not till after the rest of the season finished.

1. RIP Omoc.

2. Travel's deal was obviously too good to be true.

3. "Oh, he has a name...". We just didn't know it yet.

4. The Tallan got cooked - they deserved better than that!

5. Sam's voice just sounded 'so' freaky in Narim's flat!

Reasonable ep.
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Also, Jack was a bit harsh with Narim here I mean come on Jack...would you be willing to put Earth in the firing line if the positions were reversed?
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I thought it was a pretty good episode.

The Tollan are now wiped out, and Tanith has allied himself with a very powerful person.

I'm not doing the commentary today because I'm having a very bad day week.

Tomorrow, Aschen and they want to become our friends.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                                I'm not doing the commentary today because I'm having a very bad day week.
                                Sorry to hear that, Abydos. Hope it improves tomorrow.

My LiveJournal post
                                "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                                "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                                "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                                "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                                >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Working...
                                X