No announcement yet.

The Tomb (508)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the episode. Little predictable in that it was obvious the Russian team wasn't coming back, well for the most part any way.

Comment

The whole time we saw the creature scuttling around, I was imagining this big hairy spider, but it was a rubbery land squid... thing? I did shriek when it hit Carter, though.

On another note, I kind of wish that a different country than Russia had gotten involved in all this. Like Falcon Horus said, it's too clichéd, and we know how much a certain someone hates clichés.

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
      I liked the episode. Little predictable in that it was obvious the Russian team wasn't coming back, well for the most part any way.
      To be honest, I was surprised even one of them survived.
      rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Creepy scenery inside that whatever it was - big bug with a Goa'uld, that clearly makes you run. But - no place to go and no way to get there. So they had to struggle, Daniel all alone in the dark and a great many had to die - entertaining. SG1 survives - well, had to.
        CARPE DIEM
        ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
          Creepy scenery inside that whatever it was...
          A ziggurat, if I'm not mistaken. A kind of pyramid-like building, except that ziggurats are temples.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It's a ziggurat. Daniel pointedly reminded Jack of that every time Jack referred to it as a pyramid.

Comment

Yay, I remembered correctly...

Comment

Yeah - I just didn't know how to spell the "whatever it was"!!! Thanks.

CARPE DIEM
                ANJA

Comment

The same way you pronounce it - Ziggurat - and they look like this on the outside:

Comment

What i have never understood is WHY its called a ziggurat, when its just a 'topless' pyramid.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      What i have never understood is WHY its called a ziggurat, when its just a 'topless' pyramid.
                      Because
                      A) it's an Akkadian word --> ziqquratu
                      B) different civilization - different language
                      C) it's a temple, not a tomb

Comment

And don't forget: topless pyramid does not sound as important as ziggurat.
                        Last edited by Anja; 21 September 2015, 12:25 PM. Reason: word missing
                        CARPE DIEM
                        ANJA

Comment

And don't forget: topless pyramid does not sound as important as ziggurat.
                          Actually, a topless pyramid is called a mastaba.

Comment

Right, but in maths it's called a topless pyramid - at least in our books and loosely translated.

mastaba = bench made from stone, must have been big guys those old Egyptians!
                            CARPE DIEM
                            ANJA

Comment

mastaba = bench made from stone, must have been big guys those old Egyptians!
                              Mastabas were the early versions of the pyramids - sort of. Early tombs of the Egyptians.

Comment

I agree with some others on here, this could have been a really good episode without the Russians. It was the wrong type of episode to bring them in for.

The extra time you got from cutting out the Russians would allow the Marduk story to be developed further. So instead of rescuing a Russian team, perhaps Daniel could of become trapped after falling down a shaft or something, he ends up in a room where he translates some of the Marduk story. O'Neill doesn't have time to go back to Hammond so Daniel tells him over the radio how to get into the temple.. and so on..

Also the creepy atmosphere they were going for would be easier to accomplish with just a few people, rather than two teams.

On the plus side, Jen Halley looks pretty cute as a Russian soldier She looks quite different in BSG later.

Comment

Working...
                                X