No announcement yet.

The Tomb (508)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thier is something funny about the hypocritical nature of Jack when it comes to the Russians. He always has this unfair cynical nature towards. And I kind of like this as given Jack's age he probably had rough time with the Soviet Union. Yes that time is over but its interesting to see old wounds don't go away. As for the story itself its a nice bottle episode for me. I think it was an interesting way to show an unending torture. And I have to chuckle at Jack's saying that the Goa'uld always make the cliche threats. All in all its a good episode. What sells it is the clashing of American and Russian ideals of fighting. I would have liked to see what the eye does but that is a small compliant
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Personally, I don't think TPTB had decided what the eye does at the time of this episode.

Seaboe
      Last edited by Seaboe Muffinchucker; 17 December 2011, 04:27 PM.
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
        Personally, I don't think TPTB had decided what the eye does at the time of this episode.

Seaboe
        True, for all we know it may have ended up as one of the 'eyes of...' that Anubis collected and only needed the "Eye of Ra" to complete the set in 'Full Circle"? Anubis may have sent some of his Jaffa back to the tomb to dig it out or beamed it out with his more advanced beaming technology, having learned of it being found by the SGC but left in the tomb. Wonder if the Russian's had come across descriptions of this 'eye' being a part of some alien weapon. as I did wonder why the second Russian team was sent back with specific orders to retrieve it. Just some of my rambling thoughts!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
          True, for all we know it may have ended up as one of the 'eyes of...' that Anubis collected and only needed the "Eye of Ra" to complete the set in 'Full Circle"?
          IIRC, it was one of the eyes. I'm just saying while they decided the set all together made a weapon, I'm not sure they thought through what the weapon was or did.

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Lovely Daniel Jackson snark too...

"Yes, you go down the dark hallway alone and I'll wait here in the dark room alone."

Deeds xx
            sigpic
            Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
            MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Not a bad episode as it did have it's moments and it helped set up for some future tension with the Russians, but it is easily one you can forget.

If RDA's hand slap cost much, why didn't they cut it out, or re do the seen when they originally taped it?
              Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
                Not a bad episode as it did have it's moments and it helped set up for some future tension with the Russians, but it is easily one you can forget.

If RDA's hand slap cost much, why didn't they cut it out, or re do the seen when they originally taped it?
                Ooops. No loops (WOO) to fix that...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Watched this today & loved it. Definitely one of my favourites. The atmosphere in those dark tunnels was great, and I liked the interactions with the Russians.

Comment

Whoah this was so creepy. Definitely above average. And my average is really high. Loved it.

And ofc the russians had plans of their own, can't wait to see more of them.

Comment

One thing i always wondered..
                      WHY was the place made so 'maze like/?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        One thing i always wondered..
                        WHY was the place made so 'maze like/?
                        Maze's were a part of the earth pyramids, and I guess that is why. It also made it much more exciting for the viewers

Comment

Pyramid - Ziggurat

There is a distinct difference, both in built and use of material.

Anyhow...

Let's start with a random note: the flashlight on RDA's P-90's on when he's bragging about it in the hallway.

So, someone watched The Mummy and thought this was a good idea to use in Stargate, except that the bugs in The Mummy weren't goa'ulded and looked slightly less ... err... like that rubbery thing that fell on Carter's shoulder. Marduk... interesting Babylonian god.

Anyway, joint operation between the cliche'd russians and the americans... that's just going to end in tears.

Another random note on the CG-surroundings: they looked cheap.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

What CG-surroundings? As I understand it, it was a set (which may be why it looked cheap).

Seaboe

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                              What CG-surroundings? As I understand it, it was a set (which may be why it looked cheap).
                              The outside, the rest of the buildings outside of the ziggurat. Not the inside. The inside was the re-imagining of the Goa'uld mothership set from episode 1 of season 5.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

See, I paid no attention to that background, so I never noticed it looked cheap. Just shows to go.

Seaboe

Comment

Working...
                                X