No announcement yet.

Beast of Burden (507)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The eps between the season opener and this one have been pretty ordinary. But thankfully this one is a bit of an improvement.

I like Chaka. It's a pity we don't see more of him. Maybe they should have gotten him to join the SGC and taught him to talk haha.
    sigpic

Comment

My LiveJournal post

I love this ep, I almost cheered when Chaka shot Burrock!

And about everyone going on about Daniel/Michael's hair, who the hell gives? Just watch the damn ep! (Just kidding, I didn't even notice while watching, I had to have a look at the screencaps to see what everyone was on about! )
      "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
      "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
      "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
      "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I also enjoyed the episode, especially compared to the previous two episodes. Although the Unas aren't my favourite alien race, they are interesting creatures and this episode proves their more than the animalistc creatures than originally portrayed as. They appeared to morn the deaths of their fallen comrades and seemed to understand the world around them. Far more than SG-1 originally thought.

Chaka and the others "rescuing" SG-1 was cute, especially when SG-1 were trying to rescue them. I also cheered when Chaka killed Burrock. I did find it odd that Daniel and the others were surprised by this - different alien races will have different moral codes, so the Unas killing thier captures, after many of their fellow Unas were killed seemed justified to me from the Una's point of view.

Overall good episode, I wish we were able to see more of the Una's and their development, I think the next time is in season 7 (and last time). They're one of the view aliens on the show, that have some sort of intelligent that weren't humans.
        Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

As far as Unas episodes go this one isn't bad. Unas usually bore me but I think the writers made a good influx of action to make the episode interesting. Treating sentient being like slaves is something most people would find morally unaccpetable which helps fuel action for Jack and Daniel to give us something to do. That allows for some action to allow SG1 to fight the planet. Its the action that keeps the episode interesting and seeing SG1 oppose such action and rescue thier friends
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Good episode... I always liked Chaka

Comment

Definitely the most boring of the Unas-centric episodes, which was never my favourite story arc anyway, though the slight role reversal between Jack and Daniel is somewhat interesting. After "Ascension", "The Fifth Man", "Red Sky" and "Rite of Passage", this is the fifth consecutive episode which I found either fairly forgettable or very forgettable, by far the longest such streak in the series' history.
              Eugene V. Debs (1855-1926)

I have no country to fight for. My country is the Earth. I am a citizen of the world.

When great changes occur in history, when great principles are involved, as a rule the majority are wrong.

Comment

Chaka

I really like the friendship between Chaka and Daniel, and how they communicate with each other, much to Jack's confusion.

Sentient, intelligent beings used as slaves.... where have we heard that before?
                And we start a slave rebellion. Isn't that nice? Chaka does make a choice to help SG1 escape and then stick around to free the rest of his people.

The big dude got what he deserved.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I liked the first Unas episode but hated this one. I was just bored for all of it. I know it is common with this show but I didn't like how the human clothes were so close to Earth clothing.

Comment

Chaka = Greetings, hello (SG1: "The First Ones") On the wiki: http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Unas_language

Comment

Nice lines about not given birthday presents in the future and between Jackson and Chaka.
                      "Honesty" takes SG1 everywhere. Burrock gets what he deserves - trading Unas is not good for his health.
                      CARPE DIEM
                      ANJA

Comment

From this and other 'unas' eps, i really hated it that their language seems to just be Chakka, and variations on THAT word it seems..

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                          I liked the first Unas episode but hated this one. I was just bored for all of it. I know it is common with this show but I didn't like how the human clothes were so close to Earth clothing.
                          Yeah, I don't see why they needed to set it in the "wild west". I thought it was a good episode though, at first I thought it was a typical "man enslaves beast" story, but the humans kind of had their own reason for doing it - they were enslaved by Goa'uld Unas. I like Unas because of the Dracs connection from Enemy Mine

Comment

Like the cage scenes between Daniel, Jack and Chaka. And the fact that there's no real happy ending possible. Somewhat surprised Chaka killed the big guy, but then again we saw him kill a number of Unas with no hesitation, so he pretty much got what was coming to him.

As another poster said, someone should have said something to that annoying kid when he was telling Jack that stealing is wrong. Well, so is capturing something that is free and enslaving it. For some reason the Princess Bride line "you are trying to kidnap what I have rightfully stolen" comes to mind in this situation.

Nobody's 100% right so it makes for an interesting story. But I still like The First Ones and especially Enemy Mine better.

Comment

For me, of the 3 Unas 'saga' it was one of the poorer ones.

Comment

I like the beginning, because it shows Daniel did not forget about Chaka. I also like the conversations between Daniel and Jack in captivity, because they focus on the basic differences between the characters.

I pretty much skip the rest of the episode.

My favorite episode with a Unas in it is the very first one.

Seaboe
                                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Working...
                                X