Beast of Burden (507)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fair_nymph
    Yeah it sucks that the unas were enslaved, but they used to be the bad guys and guess what, having unas enslaved is better than having humans enslaved
    Why is it better? I mean, really, is SG-1 helping the Unas slaves to rebel against their human oppressors any different from SG-1 helping human slaves rebel against their Unas oppressors?
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

sad epsiode with how the unas were being treated there don't desevere that

good daniel epsiode showed how he can connect with other races and how much he wants to help everyone
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I thought carter a t's strategy to start the fire and blow up the water was sweet. Good thinking!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
          I thought carter a t's strategy to start the fire and blow up the water was sweet. Good thinking!
          Agreed
          sigpic

Comment

grrrr! dont like the fat guy, or any of the other guys. i liked this ep, made my blood boil when i saw the unas treatment. i liked jacks line"maybe hes just pissed 'cause you keep torturing him", thought that was funny.
            sigpic
            Thanks to WingedPegasus and myself for the sigs, and to Myn for the userbar.

Comment

This was a very complicated situation, an untrained Unas bears a threat to any human. At the same time keeping a sentient being in forced slavery is not just. Though you do have to see that from the humans perspective they were simply doing to the Unas what the Unas had been doing to their ancestors. I hope that Chaka and the other Unas will be able to find a peaceful existence with the inhabitants of the planet. Neither Unas nor Man deserves to be killed or put into slavery by the other.
              sigpic

Comment

Groundbreaking stuff... it turns out slavery is bad.

Rating: 2/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...of-burden.html
                My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Those scumbags were not exactly at war against the Unas in the past, they were at war against Goa'uld. Now they are punishing the Unas who's completely innocent.

I'm glad the Unas finally stood up for themself

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
                    Those scumbags were not exactly at war against the Unas in the past, they were at war against Goa'uld. Now they are punishing the Unas who's completely innocent.

I'm glad the Unas finally stood up for themself
                    i would of shot that fat guy in the kneecap before leaving for being such a narrow minded piece of work.

Comment

Not a very good episode . The fat man just irritated me. Chaka did us all a favour in the end.

Rating : 5 / 10

Comment

Originally posted by HelloVelo View Post
                        Groundbreaking stuff... it turns out slavery is bad.

Rating: 2/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...of-burden.html
                        Yeah this is one of the few episodes I skip when I review my SG-1 DvDs.

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
                        Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicarius View Post
                          I wasn't a fan of the first Chaka episode, but really liked this one. Mostly because of the reasons they discussed in the DVD commentary, because Daniel and Jack were actually on the same side for once, and it wasn't a black-and-white situation. Good ending, I thought.
                          How could you not like the first Chaka ep. It was cool. This one was even better. I am glad they brought Chaka back.
                          Some say that he has only one ear.
                          And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                          All we know is he's called
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Stig View Post
                            How could you not like the first Chaka ep. It was cool. This one was even better. I am glad they brought Chaka back.
                            What do you think about the change from Dion Johnstone to Patrick Currie in "Enemy Mine"?
                            sigpic
                            Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

There seems to be a 50/50 split but I liked this episode, and there is a downbeat ending which is quite unsual, we are left thinking how far will the unas go to get their freedom.. slaughter all the humans? Or maybe Chaka could persuade the others to try and free the slaves without having to..

Comment

i like this episode
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X