No announcement yet.

Rite of Passage (506)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought they Installed Devices in the gate room to detect invisible technology after the Reetou snuck in?

Comment

I loved seeing Cassie again, wish we'd see more of her.

Hey here's an idea, how about a now grown Cassie joins up with the SGC and is on the mission to the Destiny ship in "Stargate Universe". That would be a neat way to tie the series together and allow for guest stints from the SG-1 cast if they had a way to do it.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing about Cassie. Based on the age given in the episode 1969 (13) and she was a teenager in this episode she is old enough in 2009 to have graduated from college and thus could have a commission in the air force.
        "Time Travel: it's a cornucopia of disturbing concepts"-Ron Stoppable- Kim Possible

Comment

cassie is just like such a b***h in this episode for like the first half of it then all of sudden she's tones down.

besides that i liked this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee View Post
            Nirti, you've gotta love her. Everybodies fav. vivisectionist.
            Agreed. Cassandra was a tad creepy as well.
            Some say that he has only one ear.
            And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
            All we know is he's called
            sigpic

Comment

Not the best episode by any means, but still watchable.

Comment

i agree and cassandra was b***h in this episode for sure she seemed like a spoilt child who got what she wanted to much the episode was ok but not one of my fave episodes
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
                  i agree and cassandra was b***h in this episode for sure she seemed like a spoilt child who got what she wanted to much the episode was ok but not one of my fave episodes
                  Don't the majority if not all teenagers behave like that?
                  sigpic
                  Sign by me

Comment

Originally posted by berenikee View Post
                    Can Cassandra use hand device and healing device? (dont know the proper terms)
                    I think they mentioned in some episode that she has naquadah (sp?) in her blood...
                    Or am I wrong?

They bring that up in In the Line of Duty when Sam is possessed by Jolinar . . . Cassie senses the Goa'uld presence in Sam and gets scared. I can't remember if it's really explained in this episode or if it's later in Need (when Sam explains how ever since being blended with Jolinar she feels "weird" around Teal'c) that having naquadah in their blood makes them able to "sense" the Goa'uld presence.

But, yes, Cassie has naquadah in her blood and I would assume this means she can use the Goa'uld ribbon and healing devices, just like Sam can.
                    My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fiddlersgreen View Post
                      frasier's uppityness was an awkward scene. while shes a doctor and obviously not a killer, it would have been nice to see a bit more of her mama bear side and threaten nirrti with a much more unpleasant fate than death by gunshot...as teal'c mentioned to tanith in exodus the season 4 finale, the tok'ra have a way of removing a symbiote from its host that is allegedly excruciating. seems to me that they should have at least explored the option of having frasier saying something along the lines of: "listen, youre going to die at our hands and the only thing you can bargain with us about is how. if you dont heal cassie were going to first bring an interrogation team in and then once weve learned all we can get, extract you from your host and let our scientists experiment on you...if you heal her we'll toss you into the kawoosh straightaway." she looked kind of foolish with that gun and i guess that's not the direction they wanted to take our heroes in, but it would have fit in with the sg1 tradition of depicting people in shades of grey, especially frasier who often seems monomaniacal and something of a cardboard cutout doctor. seems to me they made a very odd moral choice here by agreeing to let nirrti go without at least trying to extract what they needed without putting lots and lots of people at risk of going through the exact same thing as cassie.
                      I agree they should not have honored their deal and kept Nitri as prisoner. So what if she feels all betrayed? She's a Gouald that tortures people with genetic experiments. I say turn her over to the NID. I just wish Maybourne could have gotten his hands on her. That interrogation would have made for an interesting ep. Especially because Maybourne probably would have been more than a little scared of her. Also, RidgeTop makes an excellent point. I'm almost certain they installed those Gouald devices so they could prevent invisible people from coming through the gate. Did we just start forgetting to turn it on when teams returned or what?

Comment

I liked the ep but im odd like that .

As far as the whole letting Nirrti go thing , i think it would have had more to do with the fact that if they went bk on there word they'd be no better than the goa'uld , Nirrti said herself when she was leaving .. she wouldn't have held up her end of the deal had the roles been reversed ... just sg1 proven how they're morally better i guess .

Comment

IIRC Jack kinda touched on the whole letting Nirrti go thing...something to the effect of "what's one more Goa'uld out there"... And imo that kinda makes sense...Nirrti "cures" Cassie and goes free, with SG1 figuring they'll catch up with her along the way later. They always managed to get the bad guy in the end (sooner or later anyway)....
                          My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                          sigpic

Comment

Not my favorite but it was nice to see Janet a little angry. Too bad she didn't shot Nirrti. Jack and his magnets .
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PugGate View Post
                              -Angry Fraiser. 'Help my daughter or I'll put a bullet through your hosts head'. I thought doctors took an oath about not maiming or killing people?
                              "Do no harm" - true, but she is also part of the Air Force, so I expect she has recieved combat and field training. She must have joined the Air Force knowing there was a chance she might have to use a weapon at some point in the line of duty. I think the oath applies most specifically to when she has to care for someone who needs medical attention - like Apophis in 'Serpent's Song' - whereas with Nirrti she didn't really have her "Doctor" hat on.

Comment

Enjoyable ep even if not the most memorable. Nirrti's mean, though! Great characterization.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X