No announcement yet.

Rite of Passage (506)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Cassandra use hand device and healing device? (dont know the proper terms)
    I think they mentioned in some episode that she has naquadah (sp?) in her blood...
    Or am I wrong?
    Dogs are my favorite people.
    If they don't have chocolate in heaven, I ain't going.

Comment

Originally posted by berenikee
      Can Cassandra use hand device and healing device? (dont know the proper terms)
      I think they mentioned in some episode that she has naquadah (sp?) in her blood...
      Or am I wrong?
      Well, as far as I know those are the proper terms (although the hand device is sometimes called a ribbion device.) Anyway, I would assume that she can use them, but has never needed to.
      Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
        Well, as far as I know those are the proper terms (although the hand device is sometimes called a ribbion device.) Anyway, I would assume that she can use them, but has never needed to.
        Hey, thanks.
        I wasnt sure if its true

Comment

did she have naquadah in her blood or was it the tiny bomb in her boody that has naquahdah ?When do we get to see her again?
          Lord Zedd

Comment

I thought that she has naquadah in her blood. I think they mention it in the singularity but I am not sure.
            I want to see her again

Comment

Originally posted by berenikee
              I thought that she has naquadah in her blood. I think they mention it in the singularity but I am not sure.
              I want to see her again
              Yeah, she still has the naqahdah (or naquadah, I'm sure it's been spelt both ways in the show) in her blood that remains from the bomb otherwise she wouldn't have been able to sense Nirrti in her room.
              But is that enough to use the Hand/Ribbon Device or a Healing device? I thought it was due to the Goa'uld proteins in a host's body. Sam has hers left from Jolinar and Kendra possibly had some from her Goa'uld...

Anyway, I seriously hated Cassie for the whole episode. What a brat. The only part I liked her was in the end with Sam but that hardly excuses the rest of her behaviour. I hate that kinda girls.
              I didn't like this episode much, although I liked Teryl's acting and the whole "My daughter's dieing and this Goa'uld won't help her" thing they had going on.
              And of course the theme of Goa'ulds genetically engineering better hosts and the like. It makes them scarier if they are also scientists and researchers than the unidimensional "I will take over the world" loonies.
              May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

-So the SGC still has Nirrtis' invisibility device, yet we never hear about it again? (Stupid plot holes)

-Were the cylinders that were encased in the glass rectangles that we saw in Nirrtis' lab, were they blood samples or were they sample of bioweapons?

-Why don't we ever hear about those devices that they found in Nirrtis' lab?

-Angry Fraiser. 'Help my daughter or I'll put a bullet through your hosts head'. I thought doctors took an oath about not maiming or killing people?
                Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

shouldn't Sam have at least mentioned the possibility that her survival was assured?
                  I assumed that the main reason Sam wouldn't mention anything would be to limit problems of causality. Basically, to assure that the future occurs as planned, she must not change the natural course of things, and must act like she has no knowledge of future events.

I too found Cassie's character very annoying in this episode, although I can accept that maybe her hormones/hak'tar chemicals were responsible. I just hope she calms down/becomes more likeable in the future.

I did find it odd that she was already so grown up, it seemed like maybe she had accelerated growth? She seemed quite young, maybe 7 at the oldest when they found her, she was 13 here no? Or is my memory not so great?

I loved Nirrti, she's a great character, and well portrayed. But a bit of a ***** for telling Jack she wouldn't uphold her end of the deal if the tables had been turned. I guess I shouldn't expect Goa'uld to have any honour but somehow I'm always shocked to find they don't. I guess I expect honour in everyone, by nature.

I also liked Frasier's drastic measures -- pulling the gun on Nirrti. Obviously it was a case of personal feelings influencing her conduct, but I thought it was realistic and besides, I love seeing Janet with a gun. She can be quite the badass, although we haven't seen this side of her since 'Hathor'.

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                    did she have naquadah in her blood or was it the tiny bomb in her boody that has naquahdah ?
                    If she has, her future children will be very intersting...
                    Last edited by valaCB; 07 May 2005, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PugGate
                      -So the SGC still has Nirrtis' invisibility device, yet we never hear about it again? (Stupid plot holes)

-Were the cylinders that were encased in the glass rectangles that we saw in Nirrtis' lab, were they blood samples or were they sample of bioweapons?

-Why don't we ever hear about those devices that they found in Nirrtis' lab?

-Angry Fraiser. 'Help my daughter or I'll put a bullet through your hosts head'. I thought doctors took an oath about not maiming or killing people?
                      "First, do no harm."

But under the circumstances, if it was your kid, don't you think you might be willing to ignore that?
                      My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                      -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                      -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                      -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

I was thinking right after Nirti went thru the gate, they should have done a manual shutdown, like they did in Red Sky, that would have effectively killed her.

With all the people that talk about 'ships', I was wondering if they ever thought of a Daniel/Janet ship. Seems Daniel was quite concerned about how she was holding up.
                        Last edited by QuiGonJohn; 02 June 2005, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Good Episode well written and acted, a nice way to follow up the Cassie/Nirti story which we havent gotten around to.

Comment

Pretty good episode.....i want to see Cassie back!!

Comment

I love this episode. The scene with Janet holding a gun on Nirrti has to be one of my favourite scenes.

True Cassie was annoying but I remember being that bad and often worse when I was her age.

Australian Teryl Rothery Fan Club
                              www.atrfc.com

Comment

I dont know if it was my favourite scene but I thought it was pretty intense. It showed a whole new side to Dr. Fraiser.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X