Threshold (502)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5/10

Way to boring for my tastes. I like Teal'c as a side character, but not at carrying an episode. He's not a character written with much depth.
    Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoFraggins View Post
      6.5/10

Way to boring for my tastes. I like Teal'c as a side character, but not at carrying an episode. He's not a character written with much depth.
      Teal: "My depth is immaterial to this conversation."

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
      "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
      a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
        Teal: "My depth is immaterial to this conversation."
        Indeed!

That totally rocks! Great application of the perfect quote at the perfect moment! : ) Love it! an
        Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Noxbait View Post
          Indeed!

That totally rocks! Great application of the perfect quote at the perfect moment! : ) Love it! an
          Thanks

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
          "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
          a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoFraggins View Post
            6.5/10

Huh?
            The pilot episode who turned the tide and gave Jack and his team a chance to live? The Jaffa fight for self-determination? What about the beauty of Christopher Judge's countenance and humanity he gave to the character? I thought this was one of the best episodes of any SG1 season. "Do not test my temper woman"!

Comment

Originally posted by Peridot View Post
              Huh?
              The pilot episode who turned the tide and gave Jack and his team a chance to live? The Jaffa fight for self-determination? What about the beauty of Christopher Judge's countenance and humanity he gave to the character? I thought this was one of the best episodes of any SG1 season. "Do not test my temper woman"!

I agree! I love this episode. I think it is the BEST Teal'c episode, and one of the better episodes in general. A nice end to the two-parter.
              Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Huh?
                Daniel: "Did he just call me a woman?" lol. I loved the balance of seriousness and humour in this ep.

Comment

Was great seeing more of Teal'c's past
                  sigpic

Comment

You are absolutely correct. I noticed the scene where he and Brat'ac are looking into the jail cell and see Carter, Jackson and O'Neill. Brat'ac says "Pray that they are not chosen to be hosts."
                    I don't recall that scene, was it deleted from that first episode?
                    And to whom did Brat'ac mean that Teal'c should pray to? Apophis?

Huh?

Comment

Was it just me or did it seem like the scene where Teal'c becomes first prime to where he meets SG-1 and changes sides were written like they happened really close together? It was always my feeling that Teal'c was first prime for a good 10 or more years before he switched.

Anyone else?
                      Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Tuesday night...(I think) another ep of SG1...

1. Again I already had some idea of what's going on, wasn't quite sure how good it was going to be.

2. A great way to see Jaffa culture, I'm with Bra'tac on this one though, they didn't have anything to lose by trying this.

3. If I remember correctly, Teal'c was meant to be 40 in that first scene.

4. The wierd stuff happens when you get to that scene with Teal'c and DRey'auc when he's talking about Velur. That bump was Ry'ac. And he's not even First Prime yet? Yeah right!

5. OK, his switch may have seemed sudden in COTG but by this point we'd learned enough about Teal'c to know that he'd been dissatisfied with the "flase gods" for some time.

Pretty solid for what it was.
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
                          You are absolutely correct. I noticed the scene where he and Brat'ac are looking into the jail cell and see Carter, Jackson and O'Neill. Brat'ac says "Pray that they are not chosen to be hosts."
                          I don't recall that scene, was it deleted from that first episode?
                          I think the scene you are referring to was filmed just for "Threshold" and inserted so as to look like it had been part of CotG. It happens all the time in movies. Something is filmed entirely separately from where it will be fitted in. It wasn't a deleted scene from CotG.

In Season 7, there were about 3 episodes all being filmed at the same time. If there were scenes not requiring Amanda Tapping, she was off filming scenes from another episode. Same thing for the other actors. Amanda said in an interview that she was filming scenes from "Death Knell" (where she was all dirty, bloody and smudged up), and then rushed off, cleaned up, dressed up, make up in place and did a scene where she was in a cafe scene for "Chimera".

If the writers got an idea for a scene relating to an episode in an earlier year, they'd write it and film it even if it hadn't been in the earlier episode.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            I think the scene you are referring to was filmed just for "Threshold" and inserted so as to look like it had been part of CotG. It happens all the time in movies. Something is filmed entirely separately from where it will be fitted in. It wasn't a deleted scene from CotG.

In Season 7, there were about 3 episodes all being filmed at the same time. If there were scenes not requiring Amanda Tapping, she was off filming scenes from another episode. Same thing for the other actors. Amanda said in an interview that she was filming scenes from "Death Knell" (where she was all dirty, bloody and smudged up), and then rushed off, cleaned up, dressed up, make up in place and did a scene where she was in a cafe scene for "Chimera".

If the writers got an idea for a scene relating to an episode in an earlier year, they'd write it and film it even if it hadn't been in the earlier episode.
                            I'm remembering how the prison in
                            Spoiler:
                            Moebius
                            was supposed to be the same one in COTG
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

So now we know more about Teal'c than we've ever known before now.

And finally Bra'tac is back for the first time since late Season 3 (man, it's been a long time)

The Commentary:
                              • The blue/gray tint to the flashbacks and the fur Bra'tac was wearing was inspired by the movie Gladiator
                              • Note the PD at the bottom of the screen, short for Peter DeLuise
                                Spoiler:
                              • I loved was Peter said at the end of the commentary. "There's that lion, he's always angry about something."

Monday, we deal with ascension, our sorta theme of Season 5
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                                Note the PD at the bottom of the screen, short for Peter DeLuise
                                Oh, I though I was seeing things!

Excellent episode!
                                My LiveJournal post
                                "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                                "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                                "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                                "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                                >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Working...
                                X