No announcement yet.

Double Jeopardy (421)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, after a few dissapointing ep's (IMO) SG-1 is back on track.

COMTRAYA

And as a bonus, Daniel switched the stupid looking hat, with the bandana - great
    Last edited by Cluas; 24 January 2013, 11:29 PM. Reason: to add

Comment

Comtraya!

Harlen -- I love that guy. He's a total pain-in-the-mik'ta but he's so cute doing it.

Of course, I guess it was only a matter of time before the B-Team was going out to explore the universe. Who were they kidding anyway?

OMGoddess, AT's wig... FAKE! I mean, it looked like the hair from a doll. It was all shiny and plastic-y. Daniel curiously absent, my sister noted to which I responded, "Directed by Michael Shanks"... so, they shot robo-Daniel and that's it for him.

Jack vs Jack - who woulda won? Him arguing with himself -- that's gotta be odd.

"Better, stronger, faster!"

"Come on, Flyboy, let's settle this!"

You think Harlen would recreate the team? Or wouldn't they allow him to do that? They probably wouldn't...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The implication in the original episode was that he needed access to the originals to create the androids (that's the hint that told Jack their original bodies were still around; Harlan was able to recreate Teal'c).

Without the originals, how is Harlan going to recreate the android team?

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Good episode. I wish team robot had made it through or was repaired. I haven't watched this season or the next few seasons before but I hope they don't forget about having a starship. That is a lot of tech to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
            Good episode. I wish team robot had made it through or was repaired. I haven't watched this season or the next few seasons before but I hope they don't forget about having a starship. That is a lot of tech to have.
            Watch the next few episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              OMGoddess, AT's wig... FAKE! I mean, it looked like the hair from a doll. It was all shiny and plastic-y. Daniel curiously absent, my sister noted to which I responded, "Directed by Michael Shanks"... so, they shot robo-Daniel and that's it for him.
              Her hair looks so awful! Haha. But they did what they could. I was just happy they kept accuracy up when it came to appearance. Especially the brown v. grey hair of O'Neill. Even though they could have given a reason for certain variances. For instance Carter and Daniel could have had different hairstyles and they could've just written it off as wanting a change.

And I never noticed that he directed this episode! It makes a little more sense now why he was in so little of the episode.

Overall this is a solid episode, it doesn't stand out by any means but after the up and downs of season 4, they end with a solid few episodes.
              sigpic
              [call me loser.]

Comment

How do people on the other side of the Stargate know when the SGC has opened the Iris?

I'm assuming that SG teams and allies like the To'kra and Tolan get some kind of alert on their GDOs, but on occasions were other visitors just seem to wait to step through until the Iris has been opened.

How do they know it is there or when it is open?

Also, can the GDO force the Iris open in an emergency or when SG1 is running from danger is it implied that someone has already called home?

Comment

Originally posted by I Am Not James Spader View Post
                  How do people on the other side of the Stargate know when the SGC has opened the Iris?

I'm assuming that SG teams and allies like the To'kra and Tolan get some kind of alert on their GDOs, but on occasions were other visitors just seem to wait to step through until the Iris has been opened.

How do they know it is there or when it is open?
                  There is a "Do not proceed" message on the GDO. Presumably the SGC sends back a signal when the iris opens. This is mentioned by Teal'c in Endgame.

Also, can the GDO force the Iris open in an emergency or when SG1 is running from danger is it implied that someone has already called home?
                  I should think not.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by I Am Not James Spader View Post
                    Also, can the GDO force the Iris open in an emergency
                    No, it cannot. Arghh. This is frustrating, because the only examples I can think of come from later seasons, and I don't want to post about them here. Sorry.

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Britta View Post
                      There is a "Do not proceed" message on the GDO. Presumably the SGC sends back a signal when the iris opens. This is mentioned by Teal'c in Endgame..
                      I thought that was an audio signal on the radio, not something scrolling over the GDO?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        I thought that was an audio signal on the radio, not something scrolling over the GDO?
                        http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Garage_Door_Opener

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                        "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                        a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Iris

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                          "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                          a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

I liked the interactions of the characters with 'themselves' - cute.
                            Sorry that the robots had to give their lives for their 'real' counterparts, would have been fun to see them more often.
                            CARPE DIEM
                            ANJA

Comment

Good episode, but too bad we didn't get a scene to wrap up Harlan's story at the end. He's sort of just left hanging around the SGC and never heard from again..

Comment

I had the impression they sent him home, not that he was hanging about the SGC.

Seaboe

Comment

Working...
                                X