No announcement yet.

The Curse (413)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes well she didn't live which was sad because it makes me wander what she would be like
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
      yes well she didn't live which was sad because it makes me wander what she would be like
      yeah, It would have.
      sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

But Isi got sliced and diced by Janet fraiser... One: That was gross... Two: The snake didn't have a chance to take a host.

Two selling points of this episode.
          sigpic

Comment

lol true
            sigpic

Comment

Sam working on a motorcycle? Cool!

Teal'c not liking fishing...or bugs.

This was okay, but I don't like "on earth" episodes as much. *shrugs*
              sigpic

Comment

I just saw that episode a few weeks ago. I really like Daniel in that suit. Yum. The episode was pretty good. I prefer ones where they are outside the office, so to speak.

Comment

Love the thought that Sam have motorcycle
                  The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
                  sigpic

Comment

Cool episode. Daniel was wonderful in this one. *sigh*
                    sigpic

Comment

Yes, Daniel was fantastic in this episode, but I felt so sorry for him losing his girlfriend to a Go'uld. Sarah was too sweet and kind for that to happen to her.
                      "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
                      "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

Ok -does anybody know if this is the only time Sam's affinity for motorcycles is mentioned??
                        sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                          Ok -does anybody know if this is the only time Sam's affinity for motorcycles is mentioned??
                          I can think of two more times
                          Spoiler:
                          She mentions it again in season 6 'Nightwalkers'

[They walk towards a large building. Carter walks up to a door, picks the lock and enters.]

JONAS
                          You have got to teach me how to do that.

CARTER
                          Wormhole theory, motorcycle riding and lock-picking.

JONAS
                          Not necessarily in that order.
                          Also in 'Space race' when she arrives on base she's wearing leather and a has a helmet in her hand.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                            I can think of two more times
                            Spoiler:
                            She mentions it again in season 6 'Nightwalkers'

Also in 'Space race' when she arrives on base she's wearing leather and a has a helmet in her hand.
                            Thanks so much! I was wondering if the culture of Sam being into bikes was built only from this ep. ...now I have my answer.
                            sigpic
                            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Overall not a bad episode. It does help set up for future episodes and it was nice they started to build up on the characters personalities and interests outside the Stargate program. I think this is one of the times we see Carter interested in something other than science.

They did a good job at introducing a new big bad Goa'uld into the picture - and it sets up for some good story arcs later.
                              Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                                Thanks so much! I was wondering if the culture of Sam being into bikes was built only from this ep. ...now I have my answer.
                                Amanda Tapping has mentioned it too in interviews, since the writers originally had Sam tending her garden as her off-duty hobby... she (rightly so) made them understand that those flowers would die if they had to depend on workaholic Sam

~

Just re-watched this episode (for a future fanfic) and it always makes me wonder how many Goa'uld tech could still be uncovered on Earth! Osiris had a freaking ship underneath the sand! I would have also loved to see Daniel find more Goa'uld items of the Stewart Expedition in the storage room, not just the jar (and amulet/key).
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X