The Curse (413)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday night and another ep of SG1...

1. The old guy was Daniel's old professor.

2. Must have been wierd for Daniel to get back with his old crew.

3. It seemed to be blatently obvious that Steven was the Goa'uld, partly because Osiris was meant to be a he, something that is hard to remember with later eps.

4. Sarah being Osiris was a jawdropper first time round.

Solid ep though.
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post

3. It seemed to be blatently obvious that Steven was the Goa'uld, partly because Osiris was meant to be a he, something that is hard to remember with later eps.
      Especially considering the Goa'uld is so fashionable in female clothing - he dresses very well for a male (and dresses better than most of the Goa'ulds out there).
      Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

I can only assume that he coerced Sarah into helping him out to some degree.
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

A pretty good mythology-based episode, with very little Jack and Teal'c.

So now we have another Goa'uld in the mix now (fantastic)

Stuff from the commentary (my database says I've never seen this one):
          • They note how appropriate the opening credits are for this episode
          • The fountain in the background was insisted by producer N. John Smith.
          • The only thing allowed in the pond was the fishing lines
          • Andy Mikita's hand is seen turning on the circuit breaker.
          • There are no stunt doubles in the jeep, the actual actors are in it.
          • Andy called this the poster shot
            Spoiler:

Tomorrow, Apophis is back, making his first on-screen appearance since last season.
          sigpic

Comment

Great episode. My only quibble has nothing to do with the episode but the DVD. I watched this episode for the first time on DVD and although

Spoiler:
            the writers clearly wanted viewers to think Steven was the Goa'uld, the picture on the title screen shows Sarah with the hand device.

Huge spoiler. Huge.
            Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I'd forgotten about this one, but good to see it again. I happened to see it on TV, rather than DVD, (so I didn't get the spoiler Mathpiglet did...) just after I'd watched Tangent on DVD. (What timing) Sky has caught up with, and now gotten ahead of, the rewatch!

My LiveJournal post
              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Always loved the different ways the connection between the Goa'uld and Ancient Egypt were brought up in Stargate. Here we have canopic jars as stasis chambers for symbiotes. Along with the gold amulet that activated a control panel for a hidden Goa'uld ship in an Ancient Egyptian temple.

I liked the scenes in the temple, the scenery and lighting gave it a great atmosphere of mystery and the passing of time.

Sarah was personable, and it was nice to see Daniel fall easily back into working with her on archaeological artifacts. I too was surprised when I first saw this episode and that it was Sarah who turned out to be the Goa'uld when you'd expected it to be Steven. Nice twist.

Comment

An alright ep. The end being easily the best part.

I know that ship had to be an older model, but god it looked weird with that fin at the bottom.

Steven wasn't a very likeable character. Although I think that was the aim.
                  sigpic

Comment

Call me gulible but I didn't think Sarah could be the Goa'uld. I thought for sure it was Steven as Goa'uld have a had time disguising their arrogance even when they are undercover. It was an interesting insight into Daniel's past before his disgraced theory. I also liked how it show a mystery of ancient history with the stasis jars. Although it never did explain how the Goa'uld got into Sarah but that is not a big deal for me.

I end with saying as close as Daniel and Teal'c are I love how Teal'c doesn't like fishing
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

This is a really minor, odd point, but why--when Dr. Fraiser is examining Steven--does Daniel say "she's a friend" and not "she's a doctor"? It bugs me out of all proportion to its significance.

Seaboe
                      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

He's trying to get Steven to trust Janet - she could be an evil doctor for all he knows.
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                          This is a really minor, odd point, but why--when Dr. Fraiser is examining Steven--does Daniel say "she's a friend" and not "she's a doctor"? It bugs me out of all proportion to its significance.

Seaboe
                          I thought it was implied that Janet was a doctor or at least had medical expertise when she began giving him medical attention.

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                          He's trying to get Steven to trust Janet - she could be an evil doctor for all he knows.
                          Now that would have been a good story line, alien entity takes over the doctor to make her evil.

But, yes I agree, that's what he was trying to do, Steven was likely overwhelmed by the fact aliens once lived in ancient Egypt, alien artefacts, almost dying, knowing Daniel was right. Knowing it's a friend of Daniel's, may have put him more at ease, since Sarah went all Goa'uld on them all. Steven probably didn't know who to trust.
                          Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

I may be a little dense, but I don't understand a few things. Osiris was the living goa'uld in stasis in the second jar. What happened to that jar and how did Sarah become the host?? If goa'ulds are neither male nor female, and take on the gender of their hosts, then why does the goa'uld in Sarah ask for his queen? Presumably he is now a she........
                            And what is the point of the hidden hand weapon discovered by Steven? And the quick departure of Osiris?
                            Under present circumstances Osiris is alone in the world, not knowing what has been happening since SGC got involved....So what is "he" now off to do and what will be his future?
                            Finally, why were Jack and Teal'c left out of the action of this episode?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
                              I may be a little dense, but I don't understand a few things. Osiris was the living goa'uld in stasis in the second jar. What happened to that jar and how did Sarah become the host?? If goa'ulds are neither male nor female, and take on the gender of their hosts, then why does the goa'uld in Sarah ask for his queen? Presumably he is now a she........
                              And what is the point of the hidden hand weapon discovered by Steven? And the quick departure of Osiris?
                              Under present circumstances Osiris is alone in the world, not knowing what has been happening since SGC got involved....So what is "he" now off to do and what will be his future?
                              Finally, why were Jack and Teal'c left out of the action of this episode?
                              It's unclear how Osiris got out of his jar; Steven said the jar was destroyed in the explosion, but there's a good chance Sarah either joined Dr Jordan for the scan of the jar or opened it on her own and then killed Dr Jordan.

We only have the word of Martour/Lantash that the symbiote identifies itself with the host's gender, it's possible it's different for the Goa'uld. But personally I think it's because Osiris is a 'regular' Goa'uld and Isis was probably a Queen, like Hathor and therefore female as she was able to produce larvae.

The ribbon device discovered by Steven belonged to Osiris and is a must have for a Goa'uld, because you can use it to throw people across the room, melt their brains, activate a personal shield and it can have an upgrade to control the ring transporters aboard your ship. With the ribbon device Osiris was able to protect himself (since he didn't have a weapon) and activate his ship by aiming it at the hidden compartment, thereby instructing his archaic teltac to rise from underneath the sand near the pyramid.

The quick departure was necessary because Daniel had injected Sarah with the sedative Janet had extracted from Isis' jar, which should have been enough to knock out the host. So the only way to leave was for Osiris to call upon his ship and use the ribbon device to activate the ring transporter to board it and fly off into the galaxy. As for what Osiris will do 'now', you'll have to watch the rest of the show

Jack and Teal'c were fishing at Jack's cabin in Minnesota.
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Still confused......watch the rest of the series because Sarah Osiris comes back?
                                And the plan of the burial room was for a banished goa'uld to return from the jar one day to retreive the weapon?
                                What do you mean by a "regular goa'uld"??

Originally posted by fems View Post
                                It's unclear how Osiris got out of his jar; Steven said the jar was destroyed in the explosion, but there's a good chance Sarah either joined Dr Jordan for the scan of the jar or opened it on her own and then killed Dr Jordan.

We only have the word of Martour/Lantash that the symbiote identifies itself with the host's gender, it's possible it's different for the Goa'uld. But personally I think it's because Osiris is a 'regular' Goa'uld and Isis was probably a Queen, like Hathor and therefore female as she was able to produce larvae.

The ribbon device discovered by Steven belonged to Osiris and is a must have for a Goa'uld, because you can use it to throw people across the room, melt their brains, activate a personal shield and it can have an upgrade to control the ring transporters aboard your ship. With the ribbon device Osiris was able to protect himself (since he didn't have a weapon) and activate his ship by aiming it at the hidden compartment, thereby instructing his archaic teltac to rise from underneath the sand near the pyramid.

The quick departure was necessary because Daniel had injected Sarah with the sedative Janet had extracted from Isis' jar, which should have been enough to knock out the host. So the only way to leave was for Osiris to call upon his ship and use the ribbon device to activate the ring transporter to board it and fly off into the galaxy. As for what Osiris will do 'now', you'll have to watch the rest of the show

Jack and Teal'c were fishing at Jack's cabin in Minnesota.

Comment

Working...
                                X