Window of Opportunity (406)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    You can get tired of anything eventually. Just ask Jack and Teal'c!
    lol I didn't even eat the fruit loops, but I will always wonder...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
    "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
    a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

This has to be the only episode of Stargate I wouldn't mind ending up watching in a time loop, I'd watch it again and again no problems!

Just total wall to wall fun this one. My number 1 Stargate episode, every time I watch it I never feel that it doesn't deserve that no 1 spot for making me laugh every time.

Out of a vast number of priceless comedy moments, top ones for me are the golf game using the Stargate as a practice range, and Jack's "Wacko" moment.

Comment

Man was this a funny episode, top 5 episode of the series (and maybe franchise) for me.

The montages were awesome, both of them. And Jack saying something, then saying "Bad Example."

If I was trapped in a time loop, I wouldn't know what to do because I wouldn't know if there is going to be a reset to restart the loop.

Stuff from the Commentary:
        • Episode was undertime, so these things weren't in the script
          1. The Juggling scenes
          2. Most of the "No consequences" montage.
        • Wait, Joe and/or Paul didn't participate in this commentary.

Tomorrow, Stargate's versions of redshirts (aka the Russians) make their first on-screen appearance. And Troi guest stars in this episode, in sort of a continuation of the Season Premiere.
        sigpic

Comment

My LiveJournal post

I was just about to say that I'm not surprised this is the longest episode thread, but I just checked, and there are three others that are longer.
          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I love pretty much everything about this episode it's easily one of my favorites.
            My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

One of the best “rewatch”-able episodes. I agree with all of the earlier posts about some of the funniest parts, and I’ll throw in some others:

From the first loop:
              Daniel: (1st loop) Are you OK, or are you still avoiding my question?

Trying to understand why Jack knows about the mission at the briefing
              Sam: Maybe you read my report?
              Daniel: Maybe he read your report… Great facial expressions (eye brows)

When Janet is examining them—watch Teal’c with the thermometer

Wonder how many loops did Jack watch Daniel get knocked down?

I have a possible explanation of why Jack and Teal’c are the only ones that are aware of the time loops. They were at the “altar” with Malakai as he was operating the machine. Someone needed to be “in the loop (pun intended)!

Comment

Originally posted by Nut_ty View Post
                One of the best “rewatch”-able episodes. I agree with all of the earlier posts about some of the funniest parts, and I’ll throw in some others:

From the first loop:
                Daniel: (1st loop) Are you OK, or are you still avoiding my question?

Trying to understand why Jack knows about the mission at the briefing
                Sam: Maybe you read my report?
                Daniel: Maybe he read your report… Great facial expressions (eye brows)

When Janet is examining them—watch Teal’c with the thermometer

Wonder how many loops did Jack watch Daniel get knocked down?

I have a possible explanation of why Jack and Teal’c are the only ones that are aware of the time loops. They were at the “altar” with Malakai as he was operating the machine. Someone needed to be “in the loop (pun intended)!
                The look on Jack's face when Daniel asks him how he feels about 'that' and Jack looks like a deer in the headlights, so to speak, is one of my favourite parts.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

This episode is often regarded as one of the best of SG1. And I find that definition to be a little overated. I am not saying it is a bad episode just that it is not as great as some people say it is. It is a funny episode and I am with those who laughing with the golfing through the Stargate or Teal'c shoving a person through a closet. And apparently Mallozi as well as a writer is a Ph.D in Latin. But what I like more then anything is the serious aspect of Jack at the end where he lectures Malki on he knows what it is like to lose a love one. He rarelly talks about Charlie its touching to see him sympathize.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Several elements make this a nice ep to rewatch, including the art that is created to give the planet its special appearance, the 'time looping' device and the gentle reminder that the team routinely gathers for a normal breakfast then steps through the 'gate where absolutely anything is possible.

The grief on display is heartbreaking, but it is played out against good, simple humor for balance. Next to Teal'c and the Thermostat, I think it it Daniel who actually gets the funniest lines/reactions.

Comment

I love the composition of the ep: it begins normally, progresses to a "Groundhog Day" humor of doing anything you want with no consequences, and ends up delving into serious ground (sharply jabbing that tender place in Jack's heart).

I laughed so hard...and I sympathetically winced in pain with Jack.

Lovely ep.

Does anyone else wonder if Jack still works with clay?
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Which came first??? This episode or the episode on the Outer Limits ( I can't remember the title) which involved a device that went haywire and created an increasingly narrow time loop. I presume, as is often the case, that the themes were shared between the two two shows.

Comment

The episode"Deja Vu"?

The Outer Limits, 9 July 1999

Stargate SG1, 4 August 2000
                          sigpic

Comment

Yep, you got it. That's the one....... And which came first The First Ones with the design of the Unas costume or the episode on Outer Limits where the alien ended up assuming the body of the teenager's father after having eaten the dog and his best friend inside the spaceship?
                            Originally posted by Jcvalo View Post
                            The episode"Deja Vu"?

The Outer Limits, 9 July 1999

Stargate SG1, 4 August 2000

Comment

Dave, there was a time loop episode on Lois and Clark, too, where each time the loop was slightly different.

Seaboe
                              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

The most recent time loop episode that I saw was in Haven. I think it is just one of those plot points that all sci-fi shows use.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X