No announcement yet.

Window of Opportunity (406)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seem to lack the necessary hand-eye co-ordination to be able to juggle, but my sister used to be a dab hand at juggling satsumas.
    sigpic

Comment

I have never really tried juggling, do you know how long it took her to become as good as jack and teal'c were?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum
        I seem to lack the necessary hand-eye co-ordination to be able to juggle
        lmao. The same is true for me, i usually end up with a ball/object in the eye. So i stopped all attempts at juggling in fear of major injury

---
        : I ask you.. what could possibly be in my eye that could explain this?

Comment

Can you believe there is no website with the information on how long it would take on average to learn how to juggle.
          sigpic

Comment

just ask in the fun and games section and see what happenes. but how many takes do u think they needed to make jack ride down the hall without hitting anybody and slamming into a wall?
            I'm gonna loose it. (Teal'C looking confused) Lose it? It means go crazy ... nuts ... insane ... Bonzo ... No longer in possession of one's faculties ... Three fries short of a Happy Meal ... WACKO!!
            One man's garbage is another man's treasure.
            A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
            ...never run with scissors?

maybe u read mi report
            maybe he read your report?(making a weird face looking at jack)

things you would not want to hear on the SGC's intercom
            *thud* *thud* *thud*.............*thud* I SAID OPEN THE IRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            I am a self confessed Richard Dean Anderson fan eg. i have all macgyver and stargate seasons available

Comment

Well He isn't a retard you know............
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                I have never really tried juggling, do you know how long it took her to become as good as jack and teal'c were?
                I don't think she ever reached Jack and Teal'c standard, alas. There were times when we had to dodge mistimed citrus fruit or chase after rogue apples as they rolled across the floor. Apart from that, I don't recall a time when she wasn't able to do it. Unless she practiced in her room for hours or something. As far as I remember (this was a good ten years ago!) she just 'picked it up'.

Mind you, unless Teal'c was a completely natural talent, I dread to think how many loops they went through before he could juggle to that standard!

Originally posted by sleeky
                but how many takes do u think they needed to make jack ride down the hall without hitting anybody and slamming into a wall?
                I reckon it wasn't so much preventing Jack from hitting anyone as making sure they didn't walk in front of him by mistake. But I know what you mean - there's not a lot of room for error in that corridor!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum
                  I don't think she ever reached Jack and Teal'c standard, alas. There were times when we had to dodge mistimed citrus fruit or chase after rogue apples as they rolled across the floor. Apart from that, I don't recall a time when she wasn't able to do it. Unless she practiced in her room for hours or something. As far as I remember (this was a good ten years ago!) she just 'picked it up'.

Mind you, unless Teal'c was a completely natural talent, I dread to think how many loops they went through before he could juggle to that standard!
                  Well I'm sure teal'c has very good hand eye coordination but that would only go so far. They said that there allies had been trying to reach them for 3 months if my memory surves me correctly. I bet they were in the loop along time before anybody tried to contact them. So I am going to put a guess in and say they were in the loop for 5-6 months.
                  sigpic

Comment

And that is a lot of time to practise juggling!
                    sigpic

Comment

Ya it is!! what would learn to do if you were stuck in the time loop?
                      sigpic

Comment

i cant juggle at all. ive tried before and i just cant, i dont know why. as for what i would learn to do in a time loop im not really sure what i'd like to learn going to have to think about that one

sig by starlover1990

Comment

I think being a ventriloquist would be cool I guess I would try to learn how to do that. Or it would be cool to memorize all the planets they had been to by there numeric code.
                          sigpic

Comment

At least you'd have enough time to be able to say 'b' or 'p' without moving your lips. They're the hardest sounds to make as a ventriloquist - hence the old joke about a 'gottle of geer'.

Myself, I'd learn to be able to just parrot off every single viola joke in existence just to irritate people who think they're being dead clever when they tell me one 'cos I'm a viola player and they think it'll miff me. Don't these people realise we're the ones who make them up in the first place?

The only thing that miffs me is that I keep forgetting them at the appropriate moments.

Needless to say, none of us would use a timeloop to do anything particularly useful. At least I hope not. It would be such a waste.
                            sigpic

Comment

Ha ha I dunno It would kinda be nice to be able to read a bunch of books without wasting any time. I think that is particularly useful but I suppose I would be playing allot of video games as well.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                                Ha ha I dunno It would kinda be nice to be able to read a bunch of books without wasting any time. I think that is particularly useful but I suppose I would be playing allot of video games as well.

Jack took the time to learn how to throw pots. How about learning a new craft - corn dollies or decoy whittling or something? Not cross-stitch embroidery though. That's too easy. All you have to be able to do is count. Even I can do that.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X