No announcement yet.

Window of Opportunity (406)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he was Tollan, he would have had more Tollan-like equipment, like their transphasic devices that allow them to pass through solid matter. Plus the fact that he said that congenital heart failure was incurable indicates his lack of medicine when compared to that of a society, such as the Tollans.

He seemed to me to be more of the kind of person that is a maverick in their work and doesnt have any strong ties to his culture, though he would possess some technology if he was more advanced than that of SG-1. And from the looks of it, his technology was not nearly as advanced as that of the Tollan.
    Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

You see, I think his technology looks very Tollanish. Plus, when they decide to dial the Tollan homeworld, they make it seem like it was logical choice, like they had just been talking about the Tollans

And I dont know about the heart failure thing...but who knows what the Tollans can or cant fix?
      FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Window of Opprotunity is my favorite episode. It's not only the funniest, but you get to see Jack at his best (not to mention a bit of Jack/Sam as well).

I'm not sure that the man found on the planet was Tollan. The weapon he zapped Daniel with wasn't a Tollan weapon that we know of. I also think that those health moniter things would have told the Tollan doctors the wife had this heart condition, and would have said something abou it. The man on the planet didn't seem to have known she was going to die, it seemed so sudden.
        Well, most of us were at work here...

The five J's of Stargate: Jack, Janet, Jonas, Jacob, Jackson!!!
        In memorium: Whistler84 and Atteria...may you always be remembered.

Comment

Well, Narim said that Omac had been akcnowledged of dying from a heart attack but he said that the timing was what really killed him. So perhaps to an extent, they have advanced medicine that goes beyond our own for such things.

Comment

Originally posted by klae
            TNG did one where Data, Troi, Dr. Crusher and Riker (and maybe Worf too) are all sitting around playing poker when each loop begins. After a few loops they begin to "know" in advance which cards will be dealt. Sorta cute, but not nearly as fun as Fruit Loops and Teal'c getting bonked in the head!

I saw that one, nowhere near as good as stargate's episode golf through the gate, classic moment!
            RIP Prometheus

BAAL: You cannot be serious.

O'NEILL: Yes I can. I just choose not to some of the time. (He grins.)

BAAL: With your insolence you're dooming not just your world but all of humanity.

O'NEILL: I think big!

Kicking Ass since 1997

Comment

It is possible Malachi is Tollan as the weapon he carries is like the tollan weapons used in Between two Fires. And that his wife died from heart attack which is incurable by Tolan medicine aswell.
              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I was pretty sure of the episode name, but double-checked for confirmation and TNG episode where they experience Deja Vu is called "CAUSE AND EFFECT". (good Episode by the way, was cool seeing Kelsey Grammer in it).

One thing I have always wondered about these "Time Loops" is if someone dies will they come back in the loop since EVERYTHING is literally reset. Does that include death and what-not?

Comment

I'm pretty sure if someone died in the loop they would be back for the next one. You're essentially going back in time with each loop, so everything would reset as to what it was before.
                  Well, most of us were at work here...

The five J's of Stargate: Jack, Janet, Jonas, Jacob, Jackson!!!
                  In memorium: Whistler84 and Atteria...may you always be remembered.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderqueen
                    You're essentially going back in time with each loop, so everything would reset as to what it was before.
                    Everything except your memories, if you're in the loop...which are part of your consciousness. So I'd say it depends on whether death means the termination of your consciousness.

If so, since that seems to be the one thing that carries through the loops, then you wouldn't come back, and who knows what it'd be like. Would it be the same thing, only as if you had never been there? Or would you be missed as if you had suddenly disappeared from the breakfast table? Or maybe you'd just exit the loop itself, and become like everyone else who doesn't remember what happened before, but you'd be there with everything you'd known before the loop ever happened, because you WERE there at the time to which it repeated. Like you can travel back in time and meet people who are dead in your present, but if YOU are dead in the present, you can't travel to the past. Other people might bring you "back to life" by going back in time, but you still wouldn't know it unless they told you.

Whereas if death doesn't result in the termination (or unrecoverability) of your consciousness, then you'd come back every day just the same, as per Groundhog Day.
                    Last edited by yasureubetcha; 27 February 2005, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenjin
                      Hum... what can I say. My favorite ep
                      Also my fav...

Did anyone else notice the book Jack was reading to prepare to learn how to translate the device?

"Latin for the Novice" by JOSEPH MALLOZZI, PhD

Last edited by Uber; 16 April 2005, 11:41 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Out of all the extremely funny moments permeating this episode there is one repeating scene that has me in stitches every time. And that is Teal'c's reaction to the themometer being put in his mouth. The look of resignation on his face just cracks me up.

Comment

Hmm well I don't mean to be controversial but I don't think this episode is all that great. I love the comedy throughout, especially "in the middled of my backswing!" and Teal'c's expression after that guy opens the door in his face for the 1000th time. But the actual explaining of the time loop gets alittle boring for me in places. I do really like the end however, with Jack explaining to Malachi that he'd have to watch his wife die again. Nice mix of dramatic writing with this ep's humour.

Stargate SG-1 Survivor - Season 2

Gateworld's Next Top Artist (NEW!)

B'elanna: This ship will not survive the formation of the cosmos...

Comment

Great episode, although not necessarily my favourite of all. Obviously it was necessary, but I found the looping frustrating. I did however LOVE:

-the comedy of this episode -- top notch! Jack was in prime, prime form. Teal'C and Daniel weren't too bad either.

-the kiss, of course

-juggling

-golf

-Freya coming onto Jack, and Jack telling Daniel (Daniel's response to 'Guess who made a pass at me?' -- "Sam?!??!" - hehehe).

-WACKO!

-Jack's cleverness in learning some technobabble, ancient, and noticing that Malachi couldn't have known Carter's name unless he too were out of the time loop

Wonderfully entertaining episode all around.

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
                              -Freya coming onto Jack, and Jack telling Daniel (Daniel's response to 'Guess who made a pass at me?' -- "Sam?!??!" - hehehe).
                              I don't remember this being in the episode.

Comment

Wow, I'm an idiot. That was from Divide and Conquer. Thanks for the correction greytop!

Comment

Working...
                                X