Small Victories (401)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greytop
    I think the Asgard should have their own IDO. That way the SGC would know that they were coming.
    They don't need one. They can just shut down our power and open up the iris.

Loved Sam and Thor. Hilaious with the food cubes and the stupid ideas.

Comment

How about an Asgard exchange program...I'll sign up.
      sigpic

Comment

"Carter: I could go, sir.
        O'Neill: Oh, I don't know, Carter. You may not be stupid enough."

"Someone (Hammond? Carter?): So you're saying you need someone dumber than you?
        O'Neill: You may have come to the right place."
        These were GREAT! My favourite moments also.

Carter probably IS one of the smartest people alive on Earth.

I loved seeing Carter's amazement at all the Asgard wonders. She was like a little kid in a candy store.

Nice showing by Major Davis, he's growing on me lately.

I also adore Thor's deadpan humour. He's so serious and businesslike and yet at the same time he has a wicked sense of humour that comes out in the most subtle and hilarious ways.

Comment

Watching this again and I notice how much the scene in the sub where theyre first looking around reminds me of the scene in aliens where they first explore the hive and then theres the queen.

The asgard homeworld looks so impressive and well this episode is great in all terms, hell i like the new colour of the replicators way better!
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
            Watching this again and I notice how much the scene in the sub where theyre first looking around reminds me of the scene in aliens where they first explore the hive and then theres the queen.

The asgard homeworld looks so impressive and well this episode is great in all terms, hell i like the new colour of the replicators way better!
            yeah did you know that they rent an actual sub and because of the camera that they had to build a model of the sub
            I wonder if they have rebuild a ship like the O'Neill I think so because it was more supirior than the old ships like the Beliskner
            Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
              yeah did you know that they rent an actual sub and because of the camera that they had to build a model of the sub
              Yes it was originally set on a fishing boat right but they managed to get there hands on a proper sub!
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

This is the definative episode for Sam/Thor shippers everywhere - he loved that hug - you could see it on his little face!
                But seriously, the Carter/ Thor interaction is brilliant. They work well together and I like the idea that a race that is leaps and bounds ahead of us could use a few dumb ideas!
                Back on the sub was also very exciting - I felt quite claustrophobic for them - horrible. And that queen bug thing building the other replicators - shudder.
                Jack's face when Carter told him about the ship but that they'd had to blow it up was a picture - poor him.

Comment

Originally posted by hidden envy
                  hmmm..wonder what it feels like to hug an asgard...
                  Im willing to wager pretty slippy, they don't look the driest race in the world!!!

As for the coloured blocks, AT looked like she was about to be sick, either very good acting or those little blocks were made of playdoh!!!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
                    As for the coloured blocks, AT looked like she was about to be sick, either very good acting or those little blocks were made of playdoh!!!
                    They looked like they were styofoam to me.

Comment

I think I read that they were some kind of tofu. And they tasted pretty bad, but she exaggerated her reaction a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                        I think I read that they were some kind of tofu. And they tasted pretty bad, but she exaggerated her reaction a bit.
                        Well, I don't know about the one Sam bit into, but all the others WERE colored styrofoam. They were auctioned off on Ebay several months ago and I think the tray, with the "food" cubes went for a bit over $200.
                        "After all is said and done, more is said, than done." - Unknown

Comment

I liked this episode, especially the stuff with Carter and Thor. I do take a few points off for the aspects that Uncle Dick pointed out below:

Originally posted by Uncle Dick
                          It's just more of the same Replicator-blasting CGI orgy we saw in Nemesis, except harder to see in the confines of the submarine and less interesting altogether.
                          I just think long scenes of shooting at the replicators tends to get old quick.

But the rest of the episode was good. I was waiting to see if they looked around the beliskner's wreckage site for Earth's Stargate.

Comment

It was nice to see something of the asgard homeworld and background for a change. Carter was good with her *stoopid ideas* which stumped Thor.
                            Jack and teal'c were funny especially at the end where they thought they were goners. And when he was halfway through telling thor how good the fishing was he was beamed off.
                            It was a good two-parter and they didn't make the replicators too easy for ages, which is nice!

Comment

This is actually my favourite season opener. It has a very hopeful sort of vibe, especially after the foreboding feeling I got with 'Nemesis'. Plus, I love when Daniel sees Jack and Teal'c beamed up to Thor's ship. His reaction is priceless!

Comment

I finished watching it today. I've only been watching Stargate for a few months, my girlfriend first got me into it. I've been watching them all in order so I've no idea what to expect next from 401 onwards!!

I'm not really keen on "that" goatee though!!

Comment

Working...
                                X