New Ground (319)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simonthefurling
    I liked this episode. I'm always watching episodes thinking "if our gate was in outer mongolia with only nomads around it travellers would come through thinking we where a primitive race when in fact in the same world (in the sg universe) there are nations capubable of intergalactic travel. So for once its nice to hear about multiple nations on a planet.
    I suppose most planets had the people put there by the goa'uld and stayed unified,whereas this planet had the stargate buried and the people on two different continents started competing. Same happened on earth I suppose except we did it on a larger scale.

Comment

Great epsidoe the locals looked as if they didnt want to be there most of the time lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
        The ethical implications of faith were explored well in this ep. Believing in something purely for the sake of belief, and because you are determined to 'be right' in your own little warped perception, is incredibly dangerous. Extreme dogmatic views which respond to questioning with unthinking, brute force terrify me.
        I dunno, it seemed more like a not-so-subtle jab at creationists than anything. I had difficulty believing that any governmental body with roughly our level of sophistication would propogate a war based only on religious differences. Governments just don't work that way. Nobody's going to go to war unless there are more pragmatic concerns involved.

So, to me, it seemed more like one-sided scientific preaching than an actual discussion involving arguments from both sides.Thankfully they managed to get off their intellectual high horse by having some good action near the end.

Comment

But it was frustrating to see the guy in charge being so close minded. He wouldn't even let them show him how the gate works...

Comment

I agree. I have problems with him. He seems more like an unfair caricature than an actual character.

Comment

I HATED the guy in charge!!!!

Comment

This ep was good cos it actually almost brought a tear to my eye as I felt so sorry for teal'c who was left blind and alone.
                The humans on the planet were having a religon v science thing going on that sounds familiar....
                Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Anyone else noticed the guy who placed nyan also appeared in atlantis?

"Stargate: Atlantis" playing "Dr. Brendan Gaul" (as Richard Cox) in episode: "The Defiant One" (episode # 1.12) 28 January 2005

(from imdb)

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0185214/

Comment

I love how the gate was in the rock face. Very cool.
                    My favs:

Comment

Originally posted by Simonthefurling
                      Anyone else noticed the guy who placed nyan also appeared in atlantis?

"Stargate: Atlantis" playing "Dr. Brendan Gaul" (as Richard Cox) in episode: "The Defiant One" (episode # 1.12) 28 January 2005

(from imdb)

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0185214/
                      Yeah, I noticed. I was even wondering if Nyan had been given the opportunity to go to Atlantis until I remembered his name in this episode vs. the name they gave him in Atlantis.
                      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Whats the deal with having the Earth PoO on the stargate though. It's not Earth, so whats it doing there?

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin
                          Whats the deal with having the Earth PoO on the stargate though. It's not Earth, so whats it doing there?
                          Dude, some things you just don't question....
                          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

whats the earth poO?
                            sigpic

Comment

http://homepage.mac.com/david_of_mac...arth%20POA.jpg
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

O the point of origin earth, shouldn't it be pooe?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X