No announcement yet.

Pretense (315)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i know i felt bad for jack i mean he lost his son. not only that but to his gun
    sigpic

Comment

i'm suprised he didn't eat a bullet himself, but I really glad he didn't cause he gained Skaara and Carter... lol!!
      sigpic

Comment

me to. i guess he thought his son would of wanted him to live. altho i have a feeling that thats why he might of gone on the first mission thinking he wouldn't come back
        sigpic

Comment

I like this episode. I like the debate part especially. The Goa'oul dude argued his case pretty well, even though I didn't necessarily agree with him.

Comment

lol he said the body belonged to him i didn't agree either. no one did thats why he lost
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
              lol he said the body belonged to him i didn't agree either. no one did thats why he lost

Sry But that was Skaara's body and I'm so glad the 86ed the snake... lol!!
              sigpic

Comment

i agree it was scaaras body i don't think he had a right to it
                sigpic

Comment

I liked this episode more the 2nd time around for some reason.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer359 View Post
                    Well, this is an interesting episode, if not a little annoying.

I 've got a real problem with the Tollan. They seem too stuck up even for a people who's last planet was destoryed because they shared technology. I'd think that they'd be able to see that there wouldn't be much harm in sharing some medical knowledge or some other type of benign social technology. After all, a lot inventions and technological innovations are derrived from existing technology that seemingly has no connection.

That's not really my problem with this episode, though. Skaara is my problem. I just don't like the way the actor portrays this character. He seems very whiney...
                    Yup, the Tollan really are acting illogically by not offering us "peaceful tech" like medical tech. I wonder if they thought we'd misunderstand its workings.
                    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Oh, and one more thing - I just got the Battlestar Galactica miniseries on DVD, and I was surprised to see Tollan show up in the second scene with that blonde bombshell. They showed that area with all the pillars holding up the overhang, as well as that little square pond in the middle of a lawn. And the more I think about it, the more sure I am that they used that same location (on the other side of the pillars, looking down that long flight of steps towards the huge overhang) in the Andromeda episode "The Prince."

It's totally off-topic, but in the scene previous to that in the Battlestar Galactica DVD there's a hidden Firefly ship cruising through the skies of their homeworld. It was just a rather weird series of cameos that left me feeling like all science fiction shows were linked in some mysterious cosmic way.

But anyway, yeah. Great episode![/QUOTE]

On that topic, that's a building on Simon Fraser University's campus where they filmed fr both BSG n Starg SG-1. Buildin tends to look futuristic.
                      If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                      [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

I can't believe the Tollan could be so stupid. a parasite is a parasite and since the host was taken by force there should have been no story here. the Tollan weren't a very morally intelligent race, nor did they have common sense.
                        no means no, and so does pepper spray
                        Sig by The Carpenter
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey, my first post here! Anyway, I was watching this episode last night, and I was struck by something I didn't really think about the first time I watched this. By the Nox own view she says that both lives deserve to live, but life as a slave is no life at all so the body goes to the original owner. So how can she advocate letting the Gould live when we all know that by doing that all this will have accomplished is changing the punishment from Skaara to someone else?

Comment

Good point King Mayborune. I guess the only way would be for the Tollan to help the goa'uld to live productive lives without hosts. I loved the B-plot which really showed the treachery of the goa'uld and Lya's elegant solution to hide the cannon.

I noticed the same thing StargateWatcher, and not surprising either since both shows were mainly shot in the Vancouver area. I'm pretty sure the same building is used as the FBI headquarters in The X-files, which was also mainly shot on the Canadian west coast.
                            sigpic

Comment

In defence of Skaara being 'whiney' I saw that as frustration in this episode. He was having to fight for something that he felt was rightfully his to begin with. It must have been a relief for him to have control again, and he may have been afraid that he was going to loose it again.

I'll just be a little bit random here I thought it was funny that the best person for the 'impartial' job was named Lya.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                              "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                              a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Well said Lunaeclipse. I don't think he was that whiney at all. In fact he was trying to fight to stay alive and have complete control of his body, and that to me was worth the effort to whine (of sorts).

LOL @ the Lya comment. haha.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X