No announcement yet.

Foothold (314)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week; why couldn't you have just taken one day off?!" One of my all time favorite lines in SG-1. I loved that this really showcases Sam, who gets to save the day. And Maybourne actually gets to be a sorta good guy for once. I think this is the ep where I started to like him. I love the part where Jack is strung up and as he is looking for a way to get down, he touches Hammonds head kind of patting it, then says sorry sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
      Someone pointed out to me that the foothold aliens were kind of like cochroaches.
      I know, it's been months since you posted this, and the odds of you coming back to see this comment are miniscule. Nonetheless, I don't think these aliens look anything like cockroaches.

I just had to say that.

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
        I know, it's been months since you posted this, and the odds of you coming back to see this comment are miniscule. Nonetheless, I don't think these aliens look anything like cockroaches.

I just had to say that.

Seaboe
        Not so much looked like, but acted in a similar way...don't take that too literally tho. It was more about how they nested...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
        "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
        a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

I love this episode the aliens, the tech, Carter kicking some serious butt. Pretty much everything about it I even like Maybourne.
          My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

"How is a needle in my butt going to get water out of my ears?...Listen, really jam it in this time, okay?" ~Jack

Classic Jack humor...coupled with his distaste for all things medical.

"Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week; why couldn't you have just taken one day off?!" ~Sam

Sam did get to play a strong role in this one. So proud of her.
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

What happened to SG-6 after the aliens impersonated them???
              Hammond didn't say they were killed........

Comment

When Samantha Carter snuck into the ladder room to climb out of the mountain, how many floors did she climb? It must have been around 20 floors. I can't imagine anyone doing that under those circumstances, let alone Samantha Carter.
                And why did she involve Maybourne if she knew he was really a pain in the neck if not yet an inside enemy who would reveal himself a few episodes later in Shades of Gray,
                Did all the aliens disappear when the ones who couldn't gate blew themselves up? What about technical remnants such as in the "storage room" where the people were hanging??

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
                  When Samantha Carter snuck into the ladder room to climb out of the mountain, how many floors did she climb? It must have been around 20 floors. I can't imagine anyone doing that under those circumstances, let alone Samantha Carter.
                  Why especially Samantha Carter? She has to be in very good shape if she's an active duty officer. Here in Seattle, Firefighters do a charitable climb up the stairs of an 80+ story building, in full gear. The winner regularly completes the climb in less than 1/2 hour.

Why did she involve Maybourne if she knew he was really a pain in the neck if not yet an inside enemy who would reveal himself a few episodes later in Shades of Gray
                  Because he was a superior officer with knowledge of the program (iow, she could talk to him) who might be able to help.
                  Did all the aliens disappear when the ones who couldn't gate blew themselves up?
                  Maybourne mentions that they died.
                  What about technical remnants such as in the "storage room" where the people were hanging??
                  The script did not deal with that issue, so who knows.
                  If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

She must have climbed close to 20 floors.........talk about being in shape. And is it realistic that she could just come out at the top and run off to town? Did the Mountain not have any protective fences, guards, etc. at night?!

Why especially Samantha Carter? She has to be in very good shape if she's an active duty officer. Here in Seattle, Firefighters do a charitable climb up the stairs of an 80+ story building, in full gear. The winner regularly completes the climb in less than 1/2 hour.

Because he was a superior officer with knowledge of the program (iow, she could talk to him) who might be able to help.
                    Maybourne mentions that they died.

The script did not deal with that issue, so who knows.

Comment

It's one of the emergency access/exterior hatches, similar to the one used in Proving Ground.
                      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

She must have climbed close to 20 floors.........talk about being in shape. And is it realistic that she could just come out at the top and run off to town? Did the Mountain not have any protective fences, guards, etc. at night?!
                        I don't find it particularly unrealistic. You do, in part (or so it seems) because it was Carter (as opposed to one of the men?)--I don't get that. However, your opinion is your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it.

Seaboe

Comment

I cannot picture anyone climbing a ladder for 20 floors........including Samantha!

I don't find it particularly unrealistic. You do, in part (or so it seems) because it was Carter (as opposed to one of the men?)--I don't get that. However, your opinion is your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it.

Seaboe

Comment

I cannot picture anyone climbing a ladder for 20 floors........including Samantha!
                            Sam and Teal'c checked the security cameras in the surveillance room on level 16 and in the next scene she's going to climb out; it's possible she goes up from level sixteen, but considering that's where the security station is it's not very likely (to have an exit hatch open to that level). She could have also gone up to level eleven (where you have to change elevators) and climbed out from there.
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Much as I liked this episode, I have a couple of nitpicks myself. Just how did Sam get from the SGC to the airport? How did she pay for a plane ticket, given that she left presumably without any money. How did she get from the airport in D.C. to the cafe to meet Maybourne (also without any money)? There isn't enough time elapsed for her to get to D.C. and then have fake Jack and Daniel show up moments after she arrives at the cafe. Maybourne says he talked to General Hammond after talking to Sam. Fake Hammond must have sent fake Jack and Daniel to the meeting. How did they get there so fast?

Plus, that whole climbing the ladder thing happened in other episodes as well. That escape hatch was used in "A Matter of Time" when Colonel Cromwell thought he was rescuing the SGC from an alien incursion.

The trainees in "Proving Ground" used it when Jack tricked them into thinking they were dealing with an alien incursion.

It has been used once or twice to evacuate the SGC when the self-destruct has been activated.

Comment

Sam presumably went by her house, to get her things (ID and money) and went to the airport to get a (commercial) flight and at the same time Maybourne informed Hammond who sent FakeJack and -Daniel after her (or perhaps they used a faster military hop) so they showed up around the same time...
                                On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X