No announcement yet.

Forever In a Day (310)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even though it was sad, I really enjoyed this episode. I thought it was really interesting that the whole episode, except the beginning and the end, was all in Daniel's head; and that everything was basically a dream within a dream meant to help him forgive and to tell him about the baby. It was a good end to the Sha're/Daniel arc in my opinion. It was a very cool episode and I'm in the mood to rewatch it now.
    sigpic

Comment

I never get tired of watching this episode. It is such a great story with such a powerful message about forgiveness; a lesson always worth reviewing.

"I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
      "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

I think the storyline for Daniel's wife was good, but I think the execution of dreaming was poorly done - but I think I may change my opinion when I re-watch this episode again. It may be poorly done in the first time I watch it, but if I watch it a few more times I should be able to understand it a bit more.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darkland View Post
          I think the storyline for Daniel's wife was good, but I think the execution of dreaming was poorly done - but I think I may change my opinion when I re-watch this episode again. It may be poorly done in the first time I watch it, but if I watch it a few more times I should be able to understand it a bit more.
          This was exactly my situation. First time through, I disliked the dream aspects. When I rewatched it, my appreciation for the episode jumped leaps and bounds.
          sigpic
          Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

It's weird isn't it? I wonder if the writers/producers/director did that on purpose to confuse the audience
            sigpic

Comment

At first, I was confused, but after watching the episode a few times I understood what was going on. I don't think the dreams were meant to confuse the audience. it was an awesome and amazingly creative idea, in my opinion.
              "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

He just can't do it...he just can't shoot her. : ( Oh boy, this one's just so bittersweet. makes me cry. Poor Teal'c making that decision. yikes, but what a great friend! He looked like he was ready to cry when they were all standing around in the infirmary...and many other times during the episdoe. I love Teal'c so much. xoxoxoxo

Oh yeah, major confusion. I was lost beyond words the 1st time I watched. Very interesting way they decided to play it. So sad when they go to the morgue and Kasuf and Daniel finally realize the truth. I love Kasuf too, what a great guy. He was grateful and not at all angry with them.

Aww..the scene with Sam and Daniel in the infirmary was priceless. They both did such an amazing job all around. The deep emotion they exhibited in that scene was amazing.

Oh how I wish that the 'happy' little AU scenes where Sha're was alive were true. boohoo...

"You'll miss me." Nice scene b/t Daniel and Jack.

This was a great episode for "getting into Daniel's head" and getting to know his mindset. I love how Sha're took her every opportunity to try to be a "grief counselor" for Daniel. If she hadn't done what she did, there probably would have been all that trouble between Daniel and Teal'c in reality.
                I'll bet it was pretty confusing after it all happened in real life...Daniel would've really wondered what was real and what wasn't!
                Love the part where Daniel gets himself back on the team. The interaction is just sensational. "See...I didn't get that, but I buy it!" Love that moment. Would've liked to have seen more of the "cotton candy" planet!

what an ending. powerful and poignant.
                Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Just watched this episode again, been quite a while, on SyFy last night and it really made me miss SG-1. Great writing, acting, and everything in between. This episode was especially powerful on an emotional level.
                  sigpic

Comment

Seeing Daniel act so cold and unforgiving toward Teal'c was a heart-tugger for me. However, I can certainly understand the reason he was behaving that way.

Comment

Originally posted by albatross View Post
                      Because in reality the Tok'ra don't have access to a sarcophagus.
                      But unless I'm very much mistaken, Earth does. Hathor came in a sarcophagus and unless I missed something (doing a rewatch now), they should still have it.

Comment

It got destroyed.

Comment

When? I must have missed that.

Comment

Near the end of the ep. IIRC hathor's hand device caused it, when she 'fired' on someone (daniel iirc).

Comment

Just seen this again...I never tire of it.....so emotional and wonderful acting by Michael Shanks...a real pleasure to watch......

Deeds xx
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                              MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by Heart of Light View Post
                                When? I must have missed that.
                                Towards the end of "Hathor", she destroyed it herself by using the hand device. Sam, Janet and Teal'c had put Jack into the sarcophagus in order to heal the pouch that Hathor had given him, and just as Jack was getting out of the sarcophagus, Hathor aimed her hand device at him, hit the machine instead, and it sorta blew up. Nothing much left to be of any use.

Comment

Working...
                                X