No announcement yet.

Point of View (306)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still kinda bothered by them calling it the Asgard generator. If anything it's an Ancient generator. Well, sort of. It's of Ancient design, but it's a mixture of Goa'uld and Earth technology.

They were acting like they didn't want to tell Kawalsky and Dr. Carter it's true origin. Did they think they were protecting them? We went to their reality and changed things, it's not like a little information about ours is gonna make the multiverse blow up.

Maybe the writers just didn't want to call it the Ancient generator? Sounds kinda weird. Jack's generator? They probably wouldn't believe it.

I like how Daniel is such an important part of our universe's sg-1. As mentioned before, he's why we had a chance to stop Apophis's attack on Earth. He's also why we found the repository on Earnest's planet. Thus why we went to the planet with the Ancient headsucker. Thus why we met the Asgard (and impressed the crap out of them). I wonder what the Asgards think of Dr. Carter and her method of contacting them. She certainly had some help, but still.

Comment

i never thought of that lol. you are right about jack tho no one would believe jack invented the generator. i don't know what the Asgard would think of Dr carter and i always thought Danial was important
      sigpic

Comment

i just saw it again...
        i really forgot this ep....
        i really hoped that kawalsky would have stayed in our reality, i really like, sad that he died in the second episode of the first season.
        sigpic

Comment

I agree Kawalsky was great. He and O'Neill were great together.

Comment

Originally posted by General Yogi Bear View Post
            I agree Kawalsky was great. He and O'Neill were great together.
            Hell Yeah!
            Meh.

Comment

your right it was sad and it is also true that Kawalsky and o Neil are good together. i also wish he could have stayed but i guess that would never happen
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pritnep View Post
                I wonder what rank Hammond was in this reality.
                I wondered about that too. And what was that device Apophis used on Hammond while torturing him? It looked really horrible.

Originally posted by pritnep View Post
                Still trying to work out what SGA stands for. Stargate Gate Alliance? maybe.
                I was also thinking Agency or Administration...

Comment

Its been awhile but it memory serves its called a ribbon device. Did Apophis wear on his hand? If so it is called a ribbon device. You need naquadah in your blood to operate it
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Or was it the device that the Ashrak used on Jolinar? If so, I don't think it was ever given a name, it was just one of those Goa'uld torutre devices
                    Meh.

Comment

It looked more like a staff weapon of some kind, a staff or device Apophis used on Hammond's back. It inflicted not only pain but some weird energy disturbance coming out of Hammond's eyes and mouth. It reminded a little about the device the Ashrak used on Jolinar, in that it inflicted pain and created some weird energy disturbances, but on Hammond it looked more like flames or something came out of his eyes and mouth.

With Hammond on his knees with his arms tied behind his back and something constricting around his neck, it looked really horrible when they but that thing on him and made him scream! Poor, brave Hammond!

Comment

Originally posted by Verdande View Post
                        It looked more like a staff weapon of some kind, a staff or device Apophis used on Hammond's back. It inflicted not only pain but some weird energy disturbance coming out of Hammond's eyes and mouth. It reminded a little about the device the Ashrak used on Jolinar, in that it inflicted pain and created some weird energy disturbances, but on Hammond it looked more like flames or something came out of his eyes and mouth.

With Hammond on his knees with his arms tied behind his back and something constricting around his neck, it looked really horrible when they but that thing on him and made him scream! Poor, brave Hammond!
                        Oh yeah i remember now, they use that a lot throughout the series. In particular in the 'Road Not Taken' of season 10
                        Spoiler:
                        the secret service use them on protestors
                        Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
                          Oh yeah i remember now, they use that a lot throughout the series.
                          OK. It certainly looked like an effective torture device.

Since I'm watching the series for the first time, all these weapons and devices are new to me. Great fun tough. And I really liked the episode.

Comment

OK. It certainly looked like an effective torture device.

Since I'm watching the series for the first time, all these weapons and devices are new to me. Great fun tough. And I really liked the episode.
                            ah cool cool, always good to chat to a new fan. Thats why i chucked my s10 info in the spolers for you, wasn;t too sure of the rules

How u liking the show so far?
                            Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
                              How u liking the show so far?
                              I actually like the series a lot more than I expected to. There are some episodes where the storytelling gets too black/white and the clichés get too trite, but I mostly enjoy the wonderful characters, the team interaction, the mythology and first and foremost; the humor. It's very funny and it's entertaining. And there are some good stories too.

I'm about halfway into season 3, so I'm looking forward to see how this develops.

Comment

I actually like the series a lot more than I expected to. There are some episodes where the storytelling gets too black/white and the clichés get too trite, but I mostly enjoy the wonderful characters, the team interaction, the mythology and first and foremost; the humor. It's very funny and it's entertaining. And there are some good stories too.

I'm about halfway into season 3, so I'm looking forward to see how this develops.
                                Good to hear that your liking it! I do agree that the writing sometimes got a bit tiring but there are moments of brillance here and there. I think the character interactions led by Jack and Daniel really helped the show to exceed. I wonder how much of it was adlib...
                                Meh.

Comment

Working...
                                X