Fair Game (303)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    I've never cared that much for this episode (the same is true of all politically based episodes). On the other hand, I did enjoy the ending.

Seaboe
    Have to agree with you totally...hate politics!

THOR...love the Asgard, but he wasn't very helpful in this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
      Jack the negotiator...not.

I watch this ep and wonder how he ever finds himself swimming with the Washington sharks after Season 8. He's a man that likes to speak plainly and detests kissing up.
      Fair point, probably because he'd helped save the world so many times that he didn't have to kiss up too much - people actually listen to him.
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
        Fair point, probably because he'd helped save the world so many times that he didn't have to kiss up too much - people actually listen to him.
        Oh -no disrespect to Jack. I absolutely love his character -his sarcasm and wry humor included.

He did grow a lot and learned how to edit himself (and there are just sometimes in politics that you really NEED a 'Jack' in the room to say what needs to be said), but I can imagine how uncomfortable DC would make him.

I agree with your point about how many times he's saved the world "this should not get old, general."
        sigpic
        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Ah Kronos. I wonder who Teal'c hates more. Kronos or Apophis. An okay ep. But nothing brilliant.

Good to see some more background on Teal'c.
          sigpic

Comment

I enjoy this episode; there are several “classical” moments.
            • Jack’s “I’m a man of few words…” and then “poof”, he’s gone.
            • Daniel’s line about taking on the petty needs of the Gou’ld, and he looks hot in that suit!
            • Finding out that the System Lords are not a ruling body—just a loose confederation of the most powerful Gou’lds (with the exception of the ones kicked out of the System Lords club)
            • The mystery of who attacked Cronus and Teal’c
            • The Asgards “bluffing” the Systems Lords, and Jack following suit so Nirriti will reveal herself as the guilty party
            • The closing lines between Daniel and Jack about how Nirriti going to “get it”.

As mentioned in this thread before—the glaring error of using a stock scene of the SFs running to the Gate Room with their guns, before the “no weapons” rule has been broken.

Comment

Great episode. 1st real encounter of Asgard and Thor.
              Jack: Normally I am a man of few words. 'beam'... and in conclusion I'd like to say... I was rolling on the floor laughing.
              Even without the beaming that speech would have been hilarious: Normally I am a man of few words and in conclusion I'd like to say... There is military for you

And another one:
              Jack: Apparently we said hello, insulted each other and broke for recess
              Jack is most funny when he is not comfortable with situation he is in

And as always, Goa'uld had Earth in their hands with the treaty rules, they had to mess it up. Amateurs
              sigpic

Comment

O'Neil's way of interacting with aliens as a perfect American human is outstanding.....
                Now, one would have thought that once the goa'ulds found out that the earthlings saved Cronus's life, they would have been able to change their behavior, but I guess it's not possible. I wonder why it was never possible to establish a real alliance with a goa'uld lord against the others whereby the goa'uld is no longer an enemy.
                In any case, how was the treaty executed without the presence of Thor who left too early, and why is it that we never see interaction with more than a single Asgard, namely Thor?

How did the goa'ulds decide on selecting the representative for the negotiations? And how many system lords actually exist?

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
                  Ah Kronos. I wonder who Teal'c hates more. Kronos or Apophis. An okay ep. But nothing brilliant.
                  Interesting thought...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                  "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                  a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Always a good episode when the Asgard is involved!

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                      Maybe he got a bonus.

(not trying to get into a discussion of whether civilian employees of the military can even get bonuses).

Seaboe
                      well Daniels presumably a civil servant and there is an equivalent pay scale that maps a civil service grades to a milatery ones so he could get a promotion :-)
                      ----------------------------
                      You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post

Good to see some more background on Teal'c.
                        I would think he hates Kronos the most, seeing as how he killed Teal'c's father, and in such a brutal manner.
                        sigpic

Comment

Goa'uld on Earth, and Jack is NOT happy about it. Of course, who would be?

As always, he had the best lines, from his joking about Yu to his sarcasm regarding how negotiations were going. Nice little mystery thing going there, too.

Nothing else to say, except...
                          "You killed my father!"
                          Kronos: "No, Teal'c! I am your father!"

Sorry, couldn't resist. The motif of someone killing the good guy's father is getting kind of old...
                          "Y'know; Lose it. It means, go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No Longer in posession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WHACKO!!!!!"

The perfect couple!

Comment

Thor and the Asgard could only do so much in this episode. The war against the replicators meant that they couldn't spare enough ships to not only defend earth but all the other protected planets under there protection while still fighting the replicators so did the best they could.
                            It was good to see other system lords for a change. The only reason they were willing to talk is that they fear Asgard technology. Since they don't know anything about the replicators they were just assume that the Asgard would bring a massive fleet.
                            And with Hathor, even though she may have not been in a strong position to attack the system lords the fact was a supposedly primitive world of slaves and hosts had shown it was able to take on a goa'uld again and win

Comment

loved the reference to the Replicators in this ep, even though they are not mentioned by name.

apart from that - not too bad but...

Daniel looked fine in his smart jacket...
                              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

I wonder where he got that from?

Comment

Working...
                                X