No announcement yet.

Fair Game (303)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no i didn't notice altho next time i watch this episode i will have a look at the tie
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
      Did anyone notice that the tie on Jack's uniform is not 'real'? I mean the tie knot was not 'tie' but a 'ready-made' one. IMO, I think it's kind of weird on the USAF uniform for an officer at the rank of Colonel.
      I just rewatched this episode today with a friend and noticed the tie for the first time! I was surprised to see it wasn't a normal tie as well.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

i think yu is the best system lord and sneaky thor staying behind.

Comment

Wasn't it nice to see teal'c and cronus bonding. the investigation part of the story was good. jack with responsibility was another good aspect of the story.
          Some say that he has only one ear.
          And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
          All we know is he's called
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee View Post
            Yah, it looked really promising when Sam showed she could use the Goa'uld tech., but I suppose if she had been written as "Super Sam" it would have made the rest of the team kind of redundant, i.e.

A large group of Jaffa appear over the hill, SC blasts them with her ribbon device, or Daniel/Jack/T'ealc gets injured, SC heals them with her glowing jam tart, or SC interrogates a prisoner by inflicting pain with her ribbon device.

Then the show becomes SG Carter, not SG-1.
            The Goa'uld use these devices, without discretion, just because they can...Carter wouldn't be any better than the Goa'uld if she used all of these things anytime she felt the situation warranted it...it's kinda the whole "with great power comes great responsibility" thing, imo

it's been a while since i've seen this ep...i'm gonna hafta rewatch it and come back when i've got more....
            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
            sigpic

Comment

Did anyone else notice that, they said the asgard demanded that there would be no weapons... then we have the scene where they make Teal'c hand over his staff... the next scene is 10 or so airmen running through the halls, preparing for the goa'ulds arrival with guns in their hands.
              Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
              ---
              sigpic

Comment

There is a line of dialogue regarding that. I think its Jack that mentions that there was another thing they'd disregarded with regards to the treaty and then the airmen stream into the room carrying weapons.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                  There is a line of dialogue regarding that. I think its Jack that mentions that there was another thing they'd disregarded with regards to the treaty and then the airmen stream into the room carrying weapons.
                  Yah.. forgot about that I typed that while watching the ep
                  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                  ---
                  sigpic

Comment

The beginning of this episode unnerves me. Having speeches and promotion ceremonies right in front of the un-irised gate, I kept expecting an unscheduled offworld activation to disintegrate SG-1, Hammond, and the Secretary of Defense.

Comment

I love the lines between Daniel and Jack in the end of the episode after Nirrti passes through the gate

Daniel: Boy, she's gonna get it!
                      Jack: My heart bleeds

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
                        Did anyone else notice that, they said the asgard demanded that there would be no weapons... then we have the scene where they make Teal'c hand over his staff... the next scene is 10 or so airmen running through the halls, preparing for the goa'ulds arrival with guns in their hands.

Originally posted by JoshuaJSlone View Post
                        The beginning of this episode unnerves me. Having speeches and promotion ceremonies right in front of the un-irised gate, I kept expecting an unscheduled offworld activation to disintegrate SG-1, Hammond, and the Secretary of Defense.
                        me too!

It was nice to see Sam get a promotion.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak View Post
                          Thor was less then helpful in this episode.
                          he did have his hands tied by the Asgard High Council so not hisfault
                          If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                          [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam View Post
                            SpoilerAnubis wipes out most of the tollan in between two fires after they refuse to cooperate with him by sending a phasing bomb through the gate to earth. They are to overcnfidant and destroyed easily by Anubises Tech.
                            I love this episode and the idea that the Asgard help with the treaty but in the end we don't need too much of their help except maybe jack as hes not the proper diplomat.
                            true; u could see he does the hardballish 'realpolitik' but he says what he feels is necessary to say even if his negotiatees don't like it
                            If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                            [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Loved the intrigue in this one.
                              sigpic

Comment

All I have to say is: Best Speech Ever! "I'm a man of few words...and so in conclusion..." Love Jack! I think it is cool how the Asgard vessel looks like the hallway in Othalla seen in
                                5th Race. I love how Jack's fixated on seeing the earth while Thor is trying to start telling him why he just got beamed up. Jack is so practical!
                                I thought they all looked quite spiffy all dressed up in their blues...even Teal'c and Daniel were coordinated!
                                It's so cute how Jack tries to get out of the negotiatior role ASAP. He says a lot of very nice things stuff about Daniel, didn't he?....and completely seriously, no sarcasm at all. I think this part was a prime example of their close, yet understated and complicated friendship. It's just cute how anywhere you look, you almost always find Daniel hanging over Jack's shoulder.

I just love this episode for so many reasons. This is high on my list of most awesome episodes ever. Great character interactions/relationships, great badguys.
                                This will always be on my list of must see episodes.

"boy is she gonna get it!" "My heart bleeds" : ) Classic!
                                Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Working...
                                X