No announcement yet.

Into the Fire (301)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm struggling to find things to say about this episode. It had very little impact on me, despite being a huge improvement over the first part. The show looks wonderful, and appears to have had a budget increase here, the special effects are certainly the best seen in the show so far. Hathor is just not a very entertaining villain, and her demise is not exciting. It essentially wraps up a fairly dull setup episode by piling on the action.

- What's going on with Daniel here? He just appears to have no energy or interest in anything that's going on. He gets a great line though ("it's just a deep, bleeding gash").

- General Hammond and Teal'c flying through the gate is awesome, and his "YEEEHAAAW" is so unexpected! Loved it.

- Major Davis is set up to be something of an antagonist, and it felt a little forced to me. We've already had/got Samuels and Maybourne.

- Teal'c's little story isn't that exciting. His speech is a bit stereotypical "Jaffa unite" and it seems that only one person in the crowd is allowed to speak. The set looks wonderful.

- The action scenes are a big step up in terms of choreography and visual excitement.

RATING: 6 out of 10
    Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

I've always liked this episode, a good start to the season, makes up for the boring first half as the season 2 ender. Plenty going on. Jack almost becoming a Goa'uld, his and our worst fear!

I just loved Jack's Monty Python 'Parrot sketch' inspired 'Ex Goddess' speech as he was buying time for the cavalry to arrive! Makes me chuckle every time. He mentioned at a convention that he likes British comedy, Monty Python amongst others.

Very satisfying when he throws Hathor into the cryogenic tank! Always interesting to see how he took comfort in Sam's arms as he recovered from the shock of having the snake burrow into his neck and having to fight it. It was the most vulnerable I recall seeing him in any episode.

'Yeeehaaa' has to be the most memorable Hammond moment in SG-1! I love the sheer glee on his face!

Comment

My LiveJournal post

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
        I just loved Jack's Monty Python 'Parrot sketch' inspired 'Ex Goddess' speech as he was buying time for the cavalry to arrive! Makes me chuckle every time. He mentioned at a convention that he likes British comedy, Monty Python amongst others.
        Stole my post! I noticed that too.
        Bereft of life, she rests in peace.
        "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
        "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
        "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
        "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
        >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Well, there we go, the beginning of change. This one was an average one (Bad for a finale/premiere, in my opinion).

So we saw a first generation Puddle Jumper. And we killed our first Goa'uld in the Series.

Looking at the credits at the end of the episode, Dan Shea is not the Stunt Coordinator for the series.

Tomorrow, some Goa'uld tricks some Earthlings that he's their god.
          sigpic

Comment

Good season opener. Got to see the General offworld and kicking butt, and Jack got implanted with a symbiote. Had a nice scene of Jack and Sam hugging. Overall a good episode.
            My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

5pm and another ep of SG1(yes I knew we were starting S2 but when I first saw this ep Sky 1 were running S2 and 3 back to back)

1. Forgot about the "not in the neck" line.

2. I do like the SG-Rescue squad but rewatching the ep after having seen

Spoiler:
              Makepeace turn out to be dodgy
              was slightly bittersweet.

3. YEE HAW!

4. That stasis chamber wasn't as deep as I remembered.

Solid ep.
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

'Yeeehaaa' has to be the most memorable Hammond moment in SG-1! I love the sheer glee on his face!
                I told someone that that's my favorite Hammond quote... and then I realized I'm not sure if it even counts as a quote. (Guess it depends on whether "YEE-HAA" counts as word.) :3

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
                  Stole my post! I noticed that too.
                  Bereft of life, she rests in peace.
                  Haha! I can't tell you how thrilled I am that RDA sprinkled his love of Monty Python into SG. Did anyone else catch what tune he was humming in "Forsaken" (its at the fade-in while Carter is setting up the telescope)?

It's not pinin,' it's passed on! This parrot is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet its maker! This is a late parrot! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed him to the perch he would be pushing up the daisies! Its metabolical processes are of interest only to historians! It's hopped the twig! It's shuffled off this mortal coil! It's run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible! This.... is an EX-PARROT!

Very satisfying when he throws Hathor into the cryogenic tank! Always interesting to see how he took comfort in Sam's arms as he recovered from the shock of having the snake burrow into his neck and having to fight it. It was the most vulnerable I recall seeing him in any episode.
                  He was pretty shaken during this. When he interrupts Hathor's bid to kill Carter, his protector nature comes charging out like a roaring lion. His posture after throwing Hathor in fairly sings with tension.

Originally posted by syncline View Post
                  I told someone that that's my favorite Hammond quote... and then I realized I'm not sure if it even counts as a quote. (Guess it depends on whether "YEE-HAA" counts as word.) :3
                  *misses Don* I love this part as well...for the same reason, thank Krisz & snycline.
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

For such a terrible season finale the bar was set pretty low for this one. And it exceeded all expectations. This one has a lot of good action of SG1 trying to escape Hathor's compound only to be thrwated with a huge energy shield. I love seeing how them team up to solve the problem of the energy shield and all the twists and turns this episode has. Although the Tok'ra spy was obvious since the start of the episode.

Yay for our first System Lord killing (Ra doesn't count.) and I love Hammond's dedication to freeing SG1 in the ship even if I do agree with Davis POV more
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

This is one of my favorite scenes from the entire series! And I loved Gen Hammond in this episode....YEEEHAAAW!

Comment

I think this story really expresses the strong bond at the core of the SGC. Makepeace at the very outset skirting procedure to run from the 'gate room to find General Hammond to tell him about the Tok'ra news, and interacting with Walter ("He's in his office!") along the way.

They value each other and immediate obstacles were never going to keep them from fighting for each other. Not Major Davis and the Pentagon, not the villagers of Chulak, and not Hathor who tries to destroy Daniel's and Sam's will by making them watch Jack being implanted.

Hammond allows Teal'c to go offworld knowing he'll continue to try to save his friends and knowing this, Hammond supports him to ultimately find a way to fulfill his promise of reinforcements.

Jack provides most of the levity this go round, between his whole-bodied "Jaffa Kree!" causing the entire line of kneeling humans to glance over their shoulder in unison, to the pat on Daniel's head at the end. Yeehaw indeed.

Comment

Blame Sanctuary season 3 for my long absence.

I watched this ep at the start of the month so it's kinda hard to remember everything. It was a huge improvement over season 2's finale. Great to see Hathor die. Hammonds classic YEEHAWWW always makes me laugh. Miss you Don.

Liked the towers popping out of the ground. Loved the old death glider. Really reminds you of the puddle jumper and darts.
                          sigpic

Comment

Great episode. Especially compared to the finale of season 2. Hathor dies, there's some great action, Hammond off world ignoring orders, and best of all he and Teal'q flying the Needle Threader/Puddle Jumper Mark I. Oh, and I forgot, Harriman marks his return since disappearing at the end of season 1/beginning of season 2.
                            http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4574/dontblinkgc5.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
                              Liked the towers popping out of the ground. Loved the old death glider. Really reminds you of the puddle jumper and darts.
                              I wonder why we never saw those towers again..

Comment

liked this episode. suitable as season premier
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X