Into the Fire (301)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
    Alas, like Garkhal, I suspect she didn't. It's possible, however, that her Symbiote was able to heal her sufficiently to enable her to get them both to safety before finding a suitable opportunity to get off-world.

However, we will never know. If she didn't survive, she didn't die in vain - 'cos SG-1 escaped and live to fight another day.

Urgh. What a cliche. Zat me...
    I'm a bit suprised that the SG teams didn't make some sort of tribute to her and her sacrifice when it was all over. Or maybe I'm just being a softy again.

I've only seen the first two seasons and first two episodes of the third; I wonder if freezing can become a weapon in the fight against the Goaul'd and a means to help people like Sha're.
    sigpic
    Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

There's no guarantee, alas, that freezing would work once the Goa'uld is fully settled. The symbiote that Hathor implanted in Jack hadn't taken control of him, and therefore its death would not have taken him with it. That's always a bit of a risk - killing the symbiote without taking the host, too.

There's no reason why they didn't raise a glass to her in a pub somewhere - just that they did it 'off camera'. That means we can imagine it and be satisfied that they did!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
        There's no reason why they didn't raise a glass to her in a pub somewhere - just that they did it 'off camera'. That means we can imagine it and be satisfied that they did!
        I'm sure they did. I was just surprised that they didn't make a bit more of it, given their close relations with the Tok'ra.
        sigpic
        Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

Hello,

can anyone post the links to the all
          episode form SG-1 Stargate Season 01
          to Season 10.

Thanks.

Roger

Portugal

Comment

This season opener has moments of absolute brilliance to me (Jack's "Kree!"), but it also has parts that I notice I always fast forward. Mostly all the stuff with Teal'c and the Jaffa. I never like Teal'c as the inspirational speaker. The lines are always overdramatic and cliche. I feel like he is always saying the same thing. So the parts with Jack, Sam, Daniel, and the other SG teams, I would rate an 8, but the rest?...I don't even bother to watch.

Comment

Hathor.

Rating: 9/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...into-fire.html
              My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
              http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I was surprised by the technology and fortifications that Hathor was able to muster. First of all the shield was extremely impressive, It seemed to surround the Stargate and I assume it could protect from an invasion as well. Second of all the cannon towers which had the power and aerial advantage of a Death Glider were extremely impressive. In the case of an attack through the Stargate they could have reversed the shield and fired into the invading troops.

So the question lingers why were they unable to stop SG teams 3, 5, 6, and 11 from coming through the gate and attempting a rescue mission. After which Teal'c attacks in a small ship that can travel through the gate accompanied by a few Jaffa on foot. This attack prevails and the stranded SG teams are rescued. So I ask the question again all those fortifications and Hathor wasn't able to stave off defeat?
                sigpic

Comment

Since this is the conclusion of the 2nd season's finale, I enjoyed it. Lots of action, explosions, energy fields, wise cracks, flying objects.

Jack was almost goaulded. I wonder why he was picked. Did the symbiote sense that he was the leader and would have most of the knowledge of SGC?

Tokra spies. Helpful Tokra spies.

Lots of SG teams to the rescue! They didn't actually succeed, but at least they tried. Makepeace is growing on me. I hoped to see Feretti. He must be offworld. If he was there, he'd definitely volunteer.

General Hammond and rebel Jaffa to the rescue! What's that they are riding? It was sooo cool when it flew through the gate. The yeehaw was funny.

Jack pretending to be goauld had me . "You heard me, I said Kree!"

Comment

After the Season 1 finale and Season 2 opener they certainly had a lot to live up to and I think they managed to pull it off in this two parter.

Although I mentioned it in the finale, the CGI for the mature Goa'uld symbiote looks pretty cool.

I also liked how Colonel Makepeace rushed to see General Hammond, that was cool and showed he and the other SG teams hold SG1 in high esteem. Interesting that Hammond was talking to Major Davis about 3 more SG teams that would take them up to 16 teams to do date now? Assuming they get approval.

Even though Major Davis did challenge General Hammond out of all the external Air Force officers we have seen to date he seems to be one of the genuine and trust worthy.

I quite liked Teal'c's inspiring speech and to me it's something you could see him doing, trying to win over his people in the fight over the fall Gods that have enslaved them for some long. From everything he has said it, goes to his character.

Although General Hammond going off world on his own, you would of thought he would of went with others, who knew the area and could provide support. Although on a second watch those other people with the hoods looks like they might be with him but it's hard to tell.

The threading of the needle gateship was pretty awesome and General Hammond's "Yeee Haaa!", classic line.

Hathor had some pretty impressive defences I must say, especially for someone trying to build up an army on the quiet. Trofsky looked cool when he put on his armour and was leading the Jaffa.

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                    So I ask the question again all those fortifications and Hathor wasn't able to stave off defeat?
                    I was going to try and answer this but you raise some good points.

Goa'uld as we know can become quite arrogant. I assume that the only reason Teal'c survived was because the Tok'ra that was in Hathor's completed helped. It had been sometime since they had been captured so maybe they thought a rescue wasn't coming and instead her forces maybe of been spread out trying to rally more Jaffa to the cause.

Or it's TV SG1 needed to survive.

Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

Comment

This was a good episode, I loved it when Hammond came through the gate and was flying alongside Teal'C. "Yee-Haw" indeed.

Comment

Awesome episode! Lot's of action. This is SG-1 at it's best. Great start for the third season. Absolutely loved this ep. It was great how Hammond travelled through the Stargate, and the speech Teal'c gave at chulak. Awesome. It was a surprise to see Hathor die btw

Comment

Action packed and funny = Good ep.
                          It was funny how Jack pretended to be the Goa'uld and said "You heard me i said KREE." Haveing no idea what it means LoL
                          And Teal'Cs look on his face after Hammond said "YEEE-HAAAA"

Comment

Hug later, just go blow up the generator already??

Comment

This was a great start of season 3 ! Maybe one of the best episodes since the start.

I loved the action sequences and CGI in this episode, really impressive !

And finally we see Hammond having some off world action "YEEEE HAAAAAAAA" .

Rating : 9 / 10

Comment

Originally posted by balo View Post
                                And finally we see Hammond having some off world action "YEEEE HAAAAAAAA" .
                                Those immortal words!
                                Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

Working...
                                X