1969 (221)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kickoutwoolsey View Post
    Quick question, when did sam get that cut on her hand?
    In "One False Step" one of the aliens accidentally cuts her.
    sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

When Teal'c says "I am not at liberty to divulge my identity" when the hippy says "i'm Michael" it just cracks me up every time I hear it!

Comment

I found that the Vietnam conversation very interesting. O'Neil looked like he could have caught the tail end of Vietnam so he himself might have been drafted and served. Along with the fact of them being current military personnel, the idea of draft dodging must seem cowardly. I can see the strain in O'Neil's face to not tell that hippie son-of-a-gun to man up and do his duty.
        Last edited by Coela Bellatore; 21 April 2009, 10:52 PM.
        sigpic
        In Islamofascist Afghanistan, pain experiences you!
        "The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get." ~ AFSOC MOUT Instructor

Comment

This was a good episode. Teal'c as a hippie is so cool.
          Some say that he has only one ear.
          And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
          All we know is he's called
          sigpic

Comment

i agree Teal'c as a hippie is so cool and the episode is good
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coela Bellatore View Post
              I found that the Vietnam conversation very interesting. O'Neil looked like he could have caught the tail end of Vietnam so he himself might have been drafted and served. Along with the fact of them being current military personnel, the idea of draft dodging must seem cowardly. I can see the strain in O'Neil's face to not tell that hippie son-of-a-gun to man up and do his duty.
              It's possible he wanted to tell him that he should go to Canada because the DDs are pardoned after the war.

Comment

Cool that the only weapon was a Zat! They are to rare!
                “We could be a team. You could be my sidekick.”
                “Sidekick?”
                “Yeah, it’d be like Batman and Ronon. Has a nice ring to it.”
                “Yeah, you keep eating like that it’s going to be more like fatman.”

Comment

Originally posted by HPMom View Post
                  It's possible he wanted to tell him that he should go to Canada because the DDs are pardoned after the war.
                  I doubt Jack would have said that. Maybe Sam, definitely Daniel, but not Jack. Remember that Jack is
                  sigpic
                  In Islamofascist Afghanistan, pain experiences you!
                  "The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get." ~ AFSOC MOUT Instructor

Comment

I doubt Jack would have said that. Maybe Sam, definitely Daniel, but not Jack. Remember that Jack is
                    Thinking about it you're probably right. When I first saw it my initial thoughts were dodging the draft, but I have no military background what-so-ever.

Comment

i agree jack have beeing in a war would most probably wouldn't have said that
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm not so sure. He seemed to genuinely enjoy their company and I didn't notice him having any problems with Michael's plan. I kinda think Jack believes that the military isn't for everyone and our hippies didn't seem to be the type.

On the different note, Jack was born in 1957. I don't know the exact dates of America's involvement in Vietnam, but I thought he was too young to be sent there..
                        There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                        sigpic
                        awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by vzzzzzbx View Post
                          When Teal'c says "I am not at liberty to divulge my identity" when the hippy says "i'm Michael" it just cracks me up every time I hear it!
                          Agreed! I love Teal'c entire interaction with the hippie.
                          "Hey man come sit up front with me. It's cool!"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                          MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

America was involved in Viet Nam until 1975, therefore, Jack would have been too young. However, he would have heard a great deal, pro and con from his superiors throughout the years. Interesting to wonder just what he was thinking about this. Or perhaps he was just taking Sam's advice (whenever they were in a time-travel situation) and keeping his lip buttoned (unusual for him ).

Comment

i agree with all that deferentially the keeping buttoned part lol its not usual for him at all
                              sigpic

Comment

Delynn writes: “In the episode “1969? Teal’c says that if they don’t get back to the future and are forced to remain in the past, eventually his goa’uld will mature and take him as a host.”

Answer: Which was an improvisation on Chris’s part that really doesn’t jibe with the show mythology. But, oh well…
                                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...omic-round-up/
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X