No announcement yet.

One False Step (219)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh I love that ep. Just cute. That's the only reason, there is some great team interaction, lots of Janet and the cute plant guys.
    :-D
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

This is such a giggle-episode. Awesome team action/inter-action.

"Now, this is a house call." -- you betcha!

And those aliens are just too cute, who own the coolest plants ever (until we ruin them). Good thing Carter talks to her plants.

I really, really like this episode. While it looks bad for a while, and we might just kill an entire race of people, and plants... this does give me happy squee-y feelings.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

This episode is the greatest; defined the series really. I wish they'd have explored these furling guys a bit more though.

Comment

Good interaction - Daniel playing the plane and his comment on dogs - funny.
          CARPE DIEM
          ANJA

Comment

Great stuff, some fun laughs. But are these really the Furlings?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
              Why would you think these might be Furlings?

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                They can't be the Furlings because they clearly don't belong to the advanced races - unless they have taken a giant leap backwards.
                CARPE DIEM
                ANJA

Comment

Maybe they are more advanced then we are... They were able to function on a frequency that humans couldn't even hear - or just get a headache from.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Maybe they are more advanced then we are... They were able to function on a frequency that humans couldn't even hear - or just get a headache from.
                    So do bats!
                    CARPE DIEM
                    ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                      So do bats!
                      Does that not make them slightly more advanced then humans. I have yet to meet a human who has developed the ability for echo location. It would surely come in handy at night, considering our poor eye sight in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Does that not make them slightly more advanced then humans. I have yet to meet a human who has developed the ability for echo location. It would surely come in handy at night, considering our poor eye sight in the dark.
                        There are blind people who have developed echo location and move around freely.
                        CARPE DIEM
                        ANJA

Comment

There are blind people who have developed echo location and move around freely.
                          Wait, what?

I looked it up - they learned to use echo location.

How blind people use batlike sonar
                          It's damn interesting study too.

Comment

They can't be the Furlings because they clearly don't belong to the advanced races ...
                            Um...how do you know? What does an advanced race look like?

Now, I agree they aren't the Furlings. I just think it's wrong to assume that because they do not use technology the way we do, or live in the kind of houses we do, they are not advanced.

Seaboe
                            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                              Um...how do you know? What does an advanced race look like?

Now, I agree they aren't the Furlings. I just think it's wrong to assume that because they do not use technology the way we do, or live in the kind of houses we do, they are not advanced.

Seaboe
                              They couldn't even help each other - that's evidence enough for me. And I didn't say anything about the way they look because the Asgard clearly don't look more advanced.
                              CARPE DIEM
                              ANJA

Comment

They couldn't even help each other - that's evidence enough for me.
                                Because they suddenly met with a situation unknown to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X