No announcement yet.

One False Step (219)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO I feel they dropped the ball on this episode. They really didn't pull off a convincing plot. Or maybe it's just me. From the start I knew it was the plant that was causing this. Okay how it was I didn't know, why I didn't know, but overall I knew it was that weird plant. So it was just a little too obivous for me.
    ...it never ends.

Comment

those guys had clothes on, i felt cheated, decent episode that had no influence on anything much in the stargate universe
      For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

only high light of this episode is Daniel and jack fighting about mythological
        and daniel jumping up and down funny

other wise this espiode sucked
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Thats nice!! haha um I actualy liked this mission it shows a world very very very different then ours.
          sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode! It has a slightly bizarre feel to it and I liked the way that SG1 deal with the mystery of what happens to the aliens. As often as not in Sci Fi, sometimes a simple premise can still lead to a clever story. For me this is a good example.

Plus it was very nice to see Dr Fraser get out of the SGC and go offworld for once.
            Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
            Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Yes I agree fraiser doesn't really get out that much even though she should be a regular part of sg-1 as far as im concerned she could be a huge help out on the field.

Spoiler:
              Well in the previous seasons, we all know she is dead now
              sigpic

Comment

she goes off world a few times in the series but she is dead i hope she comes back as a zombie in season 10

Comment

I just watched this episode again for the umpteenth time, but this time I was watching it with my 7 and 9 year old daughters. They thought it was hilarious the whole way through, although I did have a hard time convincing them those people weren't really naked. They noticed that none of the aliens seem to be female....something I'd never noticed before myself. They especially liked the ending with the flowers.
                  This episode grows on me (haha, no pun intended Plant Boy!) more and more every time I watch it. It addresses a valid point that I would think would come up all the time even on planets where the people were transplants from Earth. (Just think of all the time immigrants to a new area infect all the natives with some horrible disease in our own history.) It's a lovely team episode with great interactions between all the main characters, not one shot is fired, it's one of the few planets we get to see where they address a communication problem seeing as how the aliens don't speak or understand their language but Daniel is able to act things out for them and then they understand.
                  Daniel gets to be communicator, Sam is caring and comforting, they both use their fabulous intellects to solve the problem together (I love seeing them work together to figure things out), Fraser is great on her first "house call", Teal'c helps out in his own quiet and stoic way, and Jack is fabulous with all his little clueless looks and comments when he's following Daniel and Sam around while they piece things together.
                  It's just a very sweet episode. Sometimes that's a nice break from all the violence and intensity of so many shows that are on now days.

Comment

I am convinced this is the episode that started the slasher fic!!! The interaction between Jack and Daniel, especially the scene in the infirmary, was hysterical. No, the plot was not stellar, but with Daniel doing his cute little dance (how fun was that to film??!) and the verbal b*&^%-slapping the two of them were doing, I was seriously cracking up. And my 2 boys loved it too.

Odd tho, now that you mention it, none of the aliens appeared to be female. What exactly was the director trying to say LOL
                    MyLJ

Comment

As a musician, I liked this episode because it shows something of the power of sound. Sound, music and noise can be very powerful and I don't think I've seen them used or explored this way before, though I'm not too well up on my sci-fi.
                      sigpic
                      Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

For the longest time I didn't like this episode but today I watched it and found I really enjoyed it, mostly becuase I laughed a lot.

I could stop laughing when Jack, Sam and Teal'c sitting outside the little hut and Jack said "You gotta wonder what they're talking about in there." then Daniel imitating the UAV motor ... running around the hut, with his hands out like wings making a airplane noise. I thought that just super funny, I was actully luaghing out loud (very loud infact) which I don't do that often.

I also loved Jack and Daniel's I'm sorry scene and Daniel's hissy fit on the plant. Daniel was wicked funny in this episode
                        Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

I'm not trying to threadnap here, but what is Slasher fic?

Anyhow, I thought this was a charming little episode. Sort of more relaxed as someone put it after all the intensity in the past and to come....

The first little alien looked so familiar, too.....

Comment

Okay, I now know what slasher fic is... if one checks the rules and faqs, one can find out a lot!!! Sorry again for OT.

Comment

I suppose I shouldn't comment on this episode until I've watched it all the way through. That's the snag. I recently bought several seasons of Stargate on DVD and I've been working my way through from the very first episode, watching every single one. I was really enjoying myself - until I got to this episode. I just can't get into it. I've started it three times, and I just can't get past where the team goes to the 'village'. Nothing about the episode grabs my attention and holds it.

The only thing I can find to say in its favour is that the 'costumes' are well done. They give the illusion that the residents of the planet are naked, when they're not. Yes, they're all male, but maybe they're meant to be genderless.
                              C-D
                              Dragon by name, Cheerful by nature

Sig by *E*K*R*

Comment

Agreed. This is one of the few episodes i skip over when i do a Series 1-10 sweep of SG1..

Comment

Working...
                                X